Page 11 of 184 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Yeah, I think it's going to be hard to minimize Spider-Gwen in the future when she's part of an ensemble here (I know she made some appearance in the Ultimate cartoon, but this seems to be more significant.)
    White Tiger was part Ultimate Spider-Man and marvel never really pushed her.

Quote Originally Posted by Unspeakable Evil View Post
    White Tiger was part Ultimate Spider-Man and marvel never really pushed her.
    Or Amadeus Cho as the Iron Spider, classic Agent Venom, Kaine as Scarlet Spider, etc...

Though I guess Ava was at least on one or two team's around when she was on USM, but now she's retired as White Tiger.

Then again, I think Marvel is more concerned with promoting Spider-Gwen then they ever were with White Tiger.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    If every time someone who ever had sex with someone that they didn't know everything about at the time and who would later want change their decision to have sex based on knowledge gained after the fact could call that being raped, then an overwhelming number of acts of consensual sex would have to be labeled as rape.

Likewise, if every time someone didn't disclose everything about themselves to a romantic partner prior to intimacy it could be called rape, the numbers on that would also be astronomically high.

So no, not rape.
    I think you would find quite a few people who would argue otherwise, especially in how it was handled.

But this isn't the thread for this discussion, so I'll leave it at that.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think you would find quite a few people who would argue otherwise, especially in how it was handled.
    Yes, I know. And those people would be wrong.

Though I guess Ava was at least on one or two team's around when she was on USM, but now she's retired as White Tiger.
    Yeah. Avengers Academy > Mighty Avengers > New Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Yes, I know. And those people would be wrong.
    I thought it was a disgusting situation, but, as pointed out before, there's a separate thread to discuss that topic, so maybe we should use stop discussing it here and keep it to that thread?

Amazing Member

Spider Island? Hm, I feel - I right about Gwen clone. And I think, that adaptation be in final of season. A thanks to this, MJ get power and become part of team (in costume from Mangaverse).

Quote Originally Posted by Undergrizer View Post
    Spider Island? Hm, I feel - I right about Gwen clone. And I think, that adaptation be in final of season. And thanks to this, MJ get power and become part of team (in costume from Mangaverse).
    I think MJ donning the Spinneret costume and identity on the show would be cool too.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    I think MJ donning the Spinneret costume and identity on the show would be cool too.
    Better make in season 2 episode where she traveled to the future, and meet with herself as Spinneret. This nickname and costume this MJ from future can get after marriage.

so will this be guest-hero heavy like the recent show?
    what villains are off-limits?
    If the conceit is that he's still in high school, I'm sorry, but I just don't relate to folks like Carnage and Venom being introduced this "early" in his career-- I'd rather that the Ditko, Romita era characters were used, updated wherever possible.
    I guess before it's all done there will be a "clone saga" arc, right? (sigh)..

Off limit villains? Beetle probably, because the Thunderbolts have already appeared on Avengers Ultron Revolution. It might be confusing to have a villainous Abner Jenkins on this cartoon when he's the heroic Mach on the Avengers cartoon. I suppose they could go with the female one instead, Janice Lincoln, though.

Guest heroes? No news on that so far. Hopefully it'll be more Spider-Verse than anything else.

It's probably the only way I see MJ being relevant to this cartoon.

I mean, she's not going to be a love interest and they're obviously promoting Gwen, so what does that leave her to do other then being just another friend for Peter? USM had no trouble practically dropping her for a good deal of it's run, and I'm not confident in having Wacker in charge and Slott consulting on this.

Though I guess I am curious how the Spinneret identity might look in animation (maybe better then the comic ?)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    so will this be guest-hero heavy like the recent show?
    what villains are off-limits?
    If the conceit is that he's still in high school, I'm sorry, but I just don't relate to folks like Carnage and Venom being introduced this "early" in his career-- I'd rather that the Ditko, Romita era characters were used, updated wherever possible.
    I guess before it's all done there will be a "clone saga" arc, right? (sigh)..
    Supposedly we will see guest heroes, but not "teams," which I guess is somewhat soothing the notion that this will just be USM redux.

We'll also apparently see a lot of classic characters but with an "updated spin," whatever that means.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Off limit villains? Beetle probably, because the Thunderbolts have already appeared on Avengers Ultron Revolution. It might be confusing to have a villainous Abner Jenkins on this cartoon when he's the heroic Mach on the Avengers cartoon. I suppose they could go with the female one instead, Janice Lincoln, though.

Guest heroes? No news on that so far. Hopefully it'll be more Spider-Verse than anything else.
    The show is set in an alternate continuity to the other shows, so I wouldn't be surprised if we see a male Beetle as a villain at some point.

I also wouldn't be surprised if Mach-IV doesn't show up again in Assemble, but I guess we'll have to see if there are plans for the T-Bolts in Secret War.

Considering that the new Spider-Man show is almost certainly going to be a new continuity, since Ultimate Spider-Man is in the same universe as all the other Marvel animated shows, I don't see why there would be any characters off limits, since it wouldn't conflict with any timeline problems anyway.

It's probably the only way I see MJ being relevant to this cartoon.

I mean, she's not going to be a love interest and they're obviously promoting Gwen, so what does that leave her to do other then being just another friend for Peter? USM had no trouble practically dropping her for a good deal of it's run, and I'm not confident in having Wacker in charge and Slott consulting on this.

Though I guess I am curious how the Spinneret identity might look in animation (maybe better then the comic ?)
    Are they serious about the ZILCH ROMANCE thing?

I enjoy MJ in the best friend/confidante role too. They could even take elements from Spider-Gwen's Em Jay and have their own take on The Mary Janes.

Are they serious about the ZILCH ROMANCE thing?

I enjoy MJ in the best friend/confidante role too. They could even take elements from Spider-Gwen's Em Jay and have their own take on The Mary Janes.
    Well, they keep emphasizing "friendship" as a major theme, so I wouldn't be surprised .

As long as she's far from the personality of the actual Em Jay as possible, I could enjoy Mary Jane being a glamorous, fashionista, rocker. It's at least a little more original then the Lois Lane-lite she was stuck in for USM.

I would hope her relationship with Peter would still be majorly important, but I'm not expecting much.

Well, they keep emphasizing "friendship" as a major theme, so I wouldn't be surprised .

As long as she's far from the personality of the actual Em Jay as possible, I could enjoy Mary Jane being a glamorous, fashionista, rocker. It's at least a little more original then the Lois Lane-lite she was stuck in for USM.

I would hope her relationship with Peter would still be majorly important, but I'm not expecting much.
    Lol Frontier, don't you know? True love IS a beautiful friendship. *ducks*

OMG yes, I meant 616 MJ with Em Jay's profession, not her personality. Yikes! I like Lois Lite too though, haha

I just want MJ on the show in whatever form or capacity TBH