Page 110 of 184 FirstFirst ... 1060100106107108109110111112113114120160 ... LastLast
Results 1,636 to 1,650 of 2750

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    Did the absence of romance help or hurt this show? I think that this cartoon and the last one didn’t have any romance... Peter had a few love interests in Spectacular; and in Spider-Man the Animated Series even Debra Whitman was getting pimped out to Morbius and then Flash Thompson. Do you think some romance is needed in a Spider-Man show?
    I think romance is an important part of the character and the lack of it is definitely something that's noticeable compared to the Spider-Man cartoons that did have it as an element, as the relationships and character dynamics on this show sometimes don't seem as deep or as meaningful as they could be because they have to keep things "platonic" all the time.

It definitely hasn't helped Mary Jane's screentime any, where she's given less and less focus up until the very end (Ultimate Spider-Man) or just outright ignored (this show).

It even hurt Felicia/Black Cat since, without her relationship with Spider-Man, she basically becomes a one-off villain.

TBH, I've never had any faith in this show. As soon as they released the promotional pictures, it looked so cheap, with boring design.

Did the absence of romance help or hurt this show? I think that this cartoon and the last one didn’t have any romance... Peter had a few love interests in Spectacular; and in Spider-Man the Animated Series even Debra Whitman was getting pimped out to Morbius and then Flash Thompson. Do you think some romance is needed in a Spider-Man show?
    Yeah. Spider-Man's a soap opera. (Marvel as a whole is as well, but Spider-Man especially.)

Removing the soap opera takes away from the characters. But Marvel doesn't (or didn't?) seem to think these elements were necessary for the younger audience they were trying to appeal to with these shows. But I think this is one of the reasons why this show is overlooked in comparison to a lot of other Spider-Man projects that came out in 2018 (like the PS4 game and the Spider-Verse movie).

Nah. They're just not good.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Yeah. Spider-Man's a soap opera. (Marvel as a whole is as well, but Spider-Man especially.)
    Homecoming has no romance, and it is considered by many to be the best Spider-Man movie.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post
    Nah. They're just not good.

Homecoming has no romance, and it is considered by many to be the best Spider-Man movie.
    Now that Into the Spider-verse has been released, I'm not sure there are as many people who would say Homecoming is the best spider-man movie. That said, Spider-verse doesn't really have a romance, even though Peter B. Parker's love story with MJ is an important part of his arc.

By who? It's behind Spider-Man 2 and Into the Spider-Verse.

BANNED

People have said every Spider-Man movie has been the best since 2012. It means nothing anymore.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Naked Bat View Post
    A new spider-man show needs several stuffs:
    - great (not good) animation
    - great (not good) visuals
    - Peter being competent and being able to handle his villains on his own
    - Peter being already estalished as spider-man for some time
    - one story by episode but also a greater thread to unify the season, like young justice did
    Absolutely agree. Talk about animation and visual - I think, Marvel Animation need make art styles for next cartoons not only high quality, but also unique. Eg - let's look on french studio Ankama Animation, and their most famous cartoon - Wakfu. Marvel and/or Disney can buy rights for Ankama's tool (or buy whole Ankama), and make new Spidey cartoon with mix of Adobe Flash, CGI, and cell shading. It's gonna be like Wakfu, but more looking like motion comics. Plus - some French spirit can bring uniqueness for Spidey cartoon, as for teen super hero show.
    Also, looking on firsts current cartoon from ending of 2016, where was together Peter, Gwen and Miles, I think - it's gonna be better, if next cartoon be about Spider Team. Which started from forming of team with Spider-Men (Peter and Miles) and Ghost-Spider (Gwen). And in next seasons be more Spiders. MJ/Spinneret, Scarlet Spider(s) and Silk. It's gonna be some Spider version of Teen Titans 2000s. And I think, Spider ongoing from IDW can be good inspiration for this.
    Plus, next Marvel cartoons should those things:
    -Make episodes with other heroes with important role for story
    -Make great music, and awesome opening themes. Even hire some bands and groups.

TBH, I've never had any faith in this show. As soon as they released the promotional pictures, it looked so cheap, with boring design.
    Well, the promotional art:

Was a tad deceptive to what we ultimately ended up with.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

That looks more like the art they used to promote the UK Spider-Man comics back in the day

Talk about cheating! Shame on them for such a downgrade!

Now that Into the Spider-verse has been released, I'm not sure there are as many people who would say Homecoming is the best spider-man movie. That said, Spider-verse doesn't really have a romance, even though Peter B. Parker's love story with MJ is an important part of his arc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    By who? It's behind Spider-Man 2 and Into the Spider-Verse.
    The important thing is that a Spider-Man story can be told and well received without romance playing a significant part of it.

This Rhino design is better than the cross species thing we got.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

The important thing is that a Spider-Man story can be told and well received without romance playing a significant part of it.

This Rhino design is better than the cross species thing we got.
    I get your point, but even in spider-verse, Peter's romance with MJ was an important part of his arc and who he is as a character, even if it wasn't a major plot point.

And even in Homecoming, Liz was there as a love interest, so I wouldn't say it didn't have romance.

I get your point, but even in spider-verse, Peter's romance with MJ was an important part of his arc and who he is as a character, even if it wasn't a major plot point.

And even in Homecoming, Liz was there as a love interest, so I wouldn't say it didn't have romance.
    I feel like Homecoming, Into The Spider-Verse, etc. aren't good just because there's romance in it, but that the romance elements fit organically into the story. Same with in the Spider-Man PS4 game.

Ultimate Spider-Man and Marvel's Spider-Man both seem to have the problem where it feels like some kind of romantic angle should be in play at some point in these television series, yet they are going out of their way NOT to introduce any kind of romantic drama, in order to keep it as "accessible" to their kid audience. And it's not like Disney has a problem with romance, Star Vs. The Forces Of Evil is a perfect example for that, it just seems they have no interest in doing with Spider-Man.

Which I also think was a flaw with Slott's writing in the book, that Spider-Man shouldn't have romance beyond flirtation and teasing.

This version of Spider-Man will be guest-starring on Avengers: Black Panther's Quest:

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    Ultimate Spider-Man and Marvel's Spider-Man both seem to have the problem where it feels like some kind of romantic angle should be in play at some point in these television series, yet they are going out of their way NOT to introduce any kind of romantic drama, in order to keep it as "accessible" to their kid audience. And it's not like Disney has a problem with romance, Star Vs. The Forces Of Evil is a perfect example for that, it just seems they have no interest in doing with Spider-Man.
    Or Star Wars: Rebels, with Kanan and Hera.