Page 111 of 184 FirstFirst ... 1161101107108109110111112113114115121161 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,665 of 2750

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post
    Homecoming has no romance, and it is considered by many to be the best Spider-Man movie.

Literary a main part of the plot is Peter trying to ask a girl out....

^I wish Anya would show up in there since she's apparently US' leading vibranium expert.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post

Literary a main part of the plot is Peter trying to ask a girl out....
    And it still feels like the amount of romance Peter has with Betty in the Raimi films, just high and small talks.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

YMMV about how much romance there was, but there was romance.

You could say it's as much as what Peter and Betty had, but in Homecoming it was a big plot point, since that leads to the Vulture's twist and has emotional impact at the moment of the confrontation in the climax.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    This version of Spider-Man will be guest-starring on Avengers: Black Panther's Quest:

How does this even work lol

I thought AA was in the same universe as ultimate spider-man
    We need better comics

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post

Earth's Mightiest Heroes was in the same continuity as Ultimate Spider-Man, since Drake Bell Spidey appeared in an episode of EMH.

I could be wrong, but I don't think the Assemble continuity crossed over with Spider-Man until now, so it fit.

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post

Think of it this way, this season of Avengers is it's own thing divorced from past seasons, and is in-continuity with the current Spider-Man cartoon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    Earth's Mightiest Heroes was in the same continuity as Ultimate Spider-Man, since Drake Bell Spidey appeared in an episode of EMH.
    There is no way EMH and USM are in-continuity with each other.

They tried to make it look that way for a brief moment, and that's why they had Bell replace Josh Keaton for Spidey's appearance, but the character depictions and situations are too different for them to actually be in-continuity.
    I could be wrong, but I don't think the Assemble continuity crossed over with Spider-Man until now, so it fit.
    The Bell version of Spidey appeared twice in season 2 of Assemble. They even made fun of his weird fourth wall gags.

The continuity among the Marvel cartoons is a complete mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post

Avengers Assemble, Ultimate Spider-Man, and Hulk and the Agents of Smash all had crossovers. As for Avengers EMH the Spider-Man characters were modeled after Spectacular and Josh Keaton voiced him but during post production Ultimate was announced with Drake Bell so the dubbed over with Drake but officially it wasn't connected to Ultimate.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Avengers Assemble, Ultimate Spider-Man, and Hulk and the Agents of Smash all had crossovers. As for Avengers EMH the Spider-Man characters were modeled after Spectacular and Josh Keaton voiced him but during post production Ultimate was announced with Drake Bell so the dubbed over with Drake but officially it wasn't connected to Ultimate.
    I also think Darran Norris was going to reprise Jonah before they replaced him with JK Simmons (he played a few extras in the episode).

I also think Darran Norris was going to reprise Jonah before they replaced him with JK Simmons.
    I think you're right you're also right it's a mess Guardians of the Galaxy was suppose to be in Avengers Assemble continuity yet their Inhumans episode and some characters designs doesn't gel with Avengers Assemble, Hulk Agents of Smash, or Ultimate Spider-Man.

I basically treat them as this for my own head canon

Avengers EMH, Wolverine and the X-Men, Hulk vs, and Spectacular are all in one Universe (Outside of Spectacular they were all connected on screen).

Avengers Assemble (OG Tony and Falcon Design), Hulk Agents of Smash, and Ultimate Spider-Man one Universe.

Guardians of the Galaxy, Marvel's Spider-Man, and Avengers Assemble with Recast Voice Tony and Falcon redesign to match films are now a new one.

It's nothing officially but helps me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    I think you're right you're also right it's a mess Guardians of the Galaxy was suppose to be in Avengers Assemble continuity yet their Inhumans episode and some characters designs doesn't gel with Avengers Assemble, Hulk Agents of Smash, or Ultimate Spider-Man.
    Not to mention they met the Avengers for the first time in their second season when the Avengers had their compound, which the Avengers didn't get until several seasons after already interacting with and knowing the Guardians on Assemble.

And that's not even taking into account when they rebooted the cartoon version of the Guardians to match the movies and had them appear on Assemble, which is like what they're doing now with Spider-Man.

Marvel animated continuity is a mess.
    Avengers Assemble (OG Tony and Falcon Design), Hulk Agents of Smash, and Ultimate Spider-Man one Universe.

Guardians of the Galaxy, Marvel's Spider-Man, and Avengers Assemble with Recast Voice Tony and Falcon redesign to match films are now a new one.

It's nothing officially but helps me.
    This is probably the closest to being accurate.

And Nova from Ultimate Spider-Man appeared in GOTG (and I'm sorry Jokerz, but that breaks your headcanon regarding continuity).

Also, Assemble's Kamala Khan already appeared on Spider-Man, with several of the other Avengers in smaller roles in that same episode.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 01-05-2019 at 04:38 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    And Nova from Ultimate Spider-Man appeared in GOTG (and I'm sorry Jokerz, but that breaks your headcanon regarding continuity).

Also, Assemble's Kamala Khan already appeared on Spider-Man, with several of the other Avengers in smaller roles in that same episode.
    Falcon got his costume in Once and Future Kang which was around the time Nova was with the Guardians so I assume in my head canon the Avengers pulled a Flashpoint without knowing it while time traveling which changed things creating an alternate timeline which past resembles the old one but ain't perfect. It's not the first time I've done this heck the DCAU had a pretty tight canon and I love it but I also chose to believe BTAS, Mask of the Phantasm, and Subzero took place in a different parallel world from the rest of the DCAU but the DCAU Batman a past similar just wasn't BTAS Batman. To be clear I'm not one of those who try to prove my head canon right I know it's mine and mine alone but do it to explain the small differences sometimes away for myself.

Mighty Member

Were there any supporting cast characters that stood out in this show at all? Debra Whitman was more important in Spider-Man the Animated Series than she ever was in the comics. Spectacular dusted Gwen off as everyone was avoiding her prior (now she’s everywhere). I’m not sure if it is fair to judge as the two shows I’ve mentioned didn’t have too many supporting cast members who were also super human. I’m not too entirely sure if I would count Miles as he was a thing before this show, to the point it feels like he was forced into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    And Nova from Ultimate Spider-Man appeared in GOTG (and I'm sorry Jokerz, but that breaks your headcanon regarding continuity)
    Nova's characterization and depiction on GOTG was so different from his USM depiction that I just view it as a completely separate thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    Were there any supporting cast characters that stood out in this show at all? Debra Whitman was more important in Spider-Man the Animated Series than she ever was in the comics. Spectacular dusted Gwen off as everyone was avoiding her prior (now she’s everywhere). I’m not sure if it is fair to judge as the two shows I’ve mentioned didn’t have too many supporting cast members who were also super human. I’m not too entirely sure if I would count Miles as he was a thing before this show, to the point it feels like he was forced into it.
    I can't think of any supporting characters who really shined on this show since, other then Harry, pretty much all of them are fairly underdeveloped.

I wouldn't even say this show has done much with Peter's supporting cast to begin with. Liz, Flash, and Randy only appeared in two or three episodes of season 1 and while Jonah has been a pretty consistent presence in season 2 we haven't seen Robbie since he basically made a cameo in season 1.

The main supporting cast is basically Miles, Anya, and Gwen but aside from Gwen on a technicality none of them are really characters who interact with Peter on a consistent basis in the comics enough to warrant being called supporting characters.

There is no way EMH and USM are in-continuity with each other.

They tried to make it look that way for a brief moment, and that's why they had Bell replace Josh Keaton for Spidey's appearance, but the character depictions and situations are too different for them to actually be in-continuity.
    Even the costume looks different.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage