Page 112 of 184 FirstFirst ... 1262102108109110111112113114115116122162 ... LastLast
Results 1,666 to 1,680 of 2750

Yeah, VAs are easier to replace than character models, after all. That was a late change.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Naked Bat View Post
    Talk about cheating! Shame on them for such a downgrade!
    Which also can be a proven of my theory about original concept for this show.

BANNED

So Sony are "considering" some new Spider-Man series...

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/06/b...aystation.html

Where's it say that? I only see movies mentioned. Specifically Morbius and Black Cat and Silver Sable, and the already released Venom and Into the Spider-Verse. Sony don't have the TV rights, Disney do.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Where's it say that?
    Did you read it thoroughly? Here's the paragraph

Sony has a parade of big-budget sequels on the way — “Men in Black: International” arrives in June — and the studio is aggressively mining the rights it holds to Marvel characters in the Spider-Man comics family. To that end, movies based on Morbius, Black Cat and Silver Sable are in the works; the Sinister Six could be Sony’s answer to “The Avengers.” Sony is also considering making animated television shows based on characters introduced in “Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse,” which has collected $276 million at the box office.

Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

I mean if Marvel and Sony can work out a deal for movies who's to say they can't do it for TV.

Why would Disney agree to that!?!

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Did you read it thoroughly? Here's the paragraph
    Skimmed that and thought it said movies. They don't have the rights to do TV shows. An error on NY Times's part, I imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    So Sony are "considering" some new Spider-Man series...

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/06/b...aystation.html
    I'm not sure if I see DisMarvel playing ball when they'll probably want exclusive Spider-Man stuff for their own streaming service.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm not sure if I see DisMarvel playing ball when they'll probably want exclusive Spider-Man stuff for their own streaming service.
    I could see a deal where Marvel allows them to do a show with SpiderGwen or Miles like how they allowed Gifted and Legion for Fox and Sony signs off on Holland staying in the MCU given Far From Home is his last MCU contracted film.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    I could see a deal where Marvel allows them to do a show with SpiderGwen or Miles like how they allowed Gifted and Legion for Fox and Sony signs off on Holland staying in the MCU given Far From Home is his last MCU contracted film.
    I guess I could maybe see that but I can see Disney and Marvel being careful what they allow Sony to do.

BANNED

Skimmed that and thought it said movies. They don't have the rights to do TV shows. An error on NY Times's part, I imagine.
    I don't think they're being inaccurate. Rumors are Marvel shut down all production of their shows last year, they could be looking to outsource the tv license just as they also share/outsource the comic license to the likes of IDW.

Sony puts everything into production while Disney just promotes them in their channels, getting all the money from ratings and merchandise. Disney would just sit back and relax, Sony would actually be the one losing if they indeed get to produce a show, with the only benefit being promoting their own movies.

Thought, as you say, it might be a error on the article. Maybe there was some miscommunication and they said "series", as in "film series", but the writer assumed that they were talking about tv series.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    Sony puts everything into production while Disney just promotes them in their channels, getting all the money from ratings and merchandise. Disney would just sit back and relax, Sony would actually be the one losing if they indeed get to produce a show, with the only benefit being promoting their own movies.

Thought, as you say, it might be a error on the article. Maybe there was some miscommunication and they said "series", as in "film series", but the writer assumed that they were talking about tv series.
    It's funny because that's the opposite of how the MCU Spider-Man has been operating, with Marvel making the movie and Sony releasing it and receiving the profits. And after Into The Spider-Verse and Sony's last Spider-Man TV series, I think everyone would be much happier if they ended up going along with that.

So, really, I can't see much incentive for them to come together for a co-production of a cartoon at this point.

Yeah, unless in the UK it aired on Pop or Pop Max (which are home to Power Rangers here) instead of Disney XD. The Pop channels are owned by Sony, but don't have US counterparts.