Page 115 of 184 FirstFirst ... 1565105111112113114115116117118119125165 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,725 of 2750
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    The only reason to do that would be if you have enough IP under your control and original programming that could make the investment work. Disney Plus was launched with that in mind. Heck they're going to get their hands on The Simpsons with the Fox buyout. Imagine having the Syndication rights to that and Disney Plus being the only place you can watch Simpsons.

In the case of Sony, their Pictures and Television divisions are right now being approached by Apple for a possible buyout:
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/03...pple-buy-sony/

Apple will want Sony to start their own streaming rights. If that happens, then the Spider-Man rights go to Marvel though distribution rights might have to be shared and you might have a Hulk situation where Marvel can feature the Hulk in any movie so long as they don't call it the Hulk or the Incredible Hulk.
    Not calling Amazing Spider-man by that name and not mention the Hulk by his name nor his comic title feels wrong to see in any form of media.

BANNED

Netflix is currently doing Young Justice with Greg Weisman. Weisman has said that he wanted to do Spectacular Spider-Man and go to college and release longform home video movies on the model of Batman Mask of the Phantasm that might go PG-13. Weisman said that Spectacular rights are with Sony so Disney can't revive it if they want but Marvel/Disney have rights to do the small series.

So if Sony wants they could ask Weisman to do the 45mins show and Netflix could say yes. Netflix would love Spider-Man. Weisman might have to retool art and assets so that it doesn't look exactly like Spectacular but it could work.

In general Marvel Animation has no ambition and initiative. Nothing like what DCWB did with Bruce Timm and Co. Disney's own animation divisions which produce shows like Gravity Falls or the 2017 Ducktales aren't allowed access to Marvel's toys. Like you know get the guy who did Darkwing Duck to do a legitimate superhero show. Darkwing Duck, the superhero parody was at its best as good as Batman and Justice League and better than the Fox Spider-Man and many shows.

About the only great Marvel cartoons I've seen are Spectacular Spider-Man and XMen: Evolution
    What about Avengers: Earth's Mightest Heroes, I found that a great animation show...at least via its first season.

Netflix is currently doing Young Justice with Greg Weisman. Weisman has said that he wanted to do Spectacular Spider-Man and go to college and release longform home video movies on the model of Batman Mask of the Phantasm that might go PG-13. Weisman said that Spectacular rights are with Sony so Disney can't revive it if they want but Marvel/Disney have rights to do the small series.

So if Sony wants they could ask Weisman to do the 45mins show and Netflix could say yes. Netflix would love Spider-Man. Weisman might have to retool art and assets so that it doesn't look exactly like Spectacular but it could work.

In general Marvel Animation has no ambition and initiative. Nothing like what DCWB did with Bruce Timm and Co. Disney's own animation divisions which produce shows like Gravity Falls or the 2017 Ducktales aren't allowed access to Marvel's toys. Like you know get the guy who did Darkwing Duck to do a legitimate superhero show. Darkwing Duck, the superhero parody was at its best as good as Batman and Justice League and better than the Fox Spider-Man and many shows.

About the only great Marvel cartoons I've seen are Spectacular Spider-Man and XMen: Evolution
    Netflix is not doing Young Justice Outsiders this is a common misconception I see with DC shows and Star Trek Discovery because Netflix will list under Netflix Originals in the U.S. Netflix list the Bodyguard as a "Netflix Original" and that's made and owned by the BBC.

These shows aren't like Stranger Things, OTNB, or even the Marvel Netflix Shows which Netflix made the DC Universe shows like Discovery are made and owned by DC/WB and CBS/CBS All-Access respectively Netflix simply leases them to air Internationally.
    Last edited by Jokerz79; 02-05-2019 at 01:06 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Netflix is not doing Young Justice Outsiders this is a common misconception I see with DC shows and Star Trek Discovery because Netflix will list under Netflix Originals in the U.S. Netflix list the Bodyguard as a "Netflix Original" and that's made and owned by the BBC.

These shows aren't like Stranger Things, OTNB, or even the Marvel Netflix Shows which Netflix made the DC Universe shows like Discovery are made and owned by DC/WB and CBS/CBS All-Access respectively Netflix simply leases them to air Internationally.
    Thanks.

But the point is that if Sony decide to make a 44mns Spider-Man cartoon, Netflix could theoretically release it right?

Yes.

Actually, I see them as the only option. I just don't see any network airing a 44+ min animated series aimed at family audiences.

Or they might drop the ball and release it as a Crackle exclusive.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    Yes.

Actually, I see them as the only option. I just don't see any network airing a 44+ min animated series aimed at family audiences.

Or they might drop the ball and release it as a Crackle exclusive.
    They did try and make Peter Parker into a Bing Search user.

BANNED

According to this site, there won't be a third season of the show, but we're getting some specials, not sure if it's a continuation of the show or not

https://tombcartoonmonkeyskeleton.bl...nd-town-4.html
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 02-21-2019 at 07:55 AM.

Probably the same format as Marvel Rising, and I wonder if it'll be a reboot in continuity with that, using the same version of Ghost Spider alongside Miles and Peter?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

Might not even be about this show. There's Lego Spider-Man shorts coming up too

Quote Originally Posted by Unspeakable Evil View Post
    Yeah, that's what I immediately thought of when I saw "Specials."

Quote Originally Posted by Unspeakable Evil View Post
    Lego Marvel animation? Well that explains why Spidey is no longer under the Lego Marvel Super Heroes brand then, but what took so long? DC have been doing these for some time.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Lego Marvel animation? Well that explains why Spidey is no longer under the Lego Marvel Super Heroes brand then, but what took so long? DC have been doing these for some time.
    Marvel occasionally does them (they've done Age of Ultron, Guardians, and Black Panther specials), just not as prominently as the Lego films DC does.

No word yet on when the show will return but the rest of the season will be divided into an adaption of Superior and Goblin Nation.

"We’ve split these seasons up into multiple sections," Marvel's Senior VP of Animation & Family Entertainment Cort Lane told Newsarama. "The second part of the second season of Spider-Man is coming later this year – and it will be no surprise to fans of the show that the big storyline will be Superior Spider-Man. And just as [Peter is] trying to pick up the pieces, a Goblin War begins. I can’t reveal much about the twists and turns but there’s a full-on Goblin Army."

Astonishing Member

They beter have a Season 3 after this. This is NO WAY to end the series!!! After debuting the Jackal for the very first time on TV (puting Miles Warren aside), they can't end this series without giving us a "Clone Saga". And besides, there was supposed to be a Spider-Man 2099 in this series.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    They beter have a Season 3 after this. This is NO WAY to end the series!!! After debuting the Jackal for the very first time on TV (puting Miles Warren aside), they can't end this series without giving us a "Clone Saga". And besides, there was supposed to be a Spider-Man 2099 in this series.
    Seems fitting enough in the respect that we will finally get to see the Spider-Man fight the Green Goblin.

I am kind of surprised all that promotion with 2099 initially seemed to go nowhere with this show.