Page 116 of 184 FirstFirst ... 1666106112113114115116117118119120126166 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,740 of 2750

We'll never get this team-up :/

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Seems fitting enough in the respect that we will finally get to see the Spider-Man fight the Green Goblin.

I am kind of surprised all that promotion with 2099 initially seemed to go nowhere with this show.
    The first rodeo between Spider-Man AND the Green Goblin is never the best, because they still don't know who are under each other's masks.
    And pal, Spider-Man 2099's arrival to the present was precisely during the whole "Superior Spider-Junk" and with an experiment from Horizon Labs.

https://www.newsarama.com/44952-cort...interview.html

Nrama: What can you tell us about the upcoming new seasons of your ongoing shows, Marvel’s Spider-Man and Guardians of the Galaxy?

Lane: We’ve split these seasons up into multiple sections. The second part of the second season of Spider-Man is coming later this year – and it will be no surprise to fans of the show that the big storyline will be Superior Spider-Man.

We get to see the implications of that for the second half of the season. It’s a really emotional and interesting story. As in comics, Doctor Octopus is changed by being in Peter’s body, and by having access to certain memories like Uncle Ben’s death.

Of course Peter will get his body back – it’s a Spider-Man show – but as in publishing, Superior Spider-Man may be a jerk but he’s very effective. So Spider-Man will come back into his body feeling a little less-than, a little discouraged, having lost his friends, his place at Horizon – having lost so much.

And just as he’s trying to pick up the pieces, a Goblin War begins. I can’t reveal much about the twists and turns but there’s a full-on Goblin Army.

Then on the other side, there’s Doc Ock’s story. He’s fundamentally changed. He has to decide who he wants to be. Is he going to be a hero now? He enjoyed being a hero, he felt fulfilled by it, so what does he do now?

It’s really interesting how these characters who were at each others’ throats for a season and a half find themselves friends. It’s a story about redemption and unlikely friendships, and being the best version of yourself. And it’s also jam-packed with action.

Nrama: In comic books, Superior Spider-Man goes to some dark places for both Peter Parker and Doctor Octopus. How do you toe the line between not going too far for an all-ages animated series while still exploring those core themes of the story?

Lane: It’s all about character beats that kids can connect with and feel emotional about in Peter’s challenges. And this one’s even bigger because not only is it a scary situation, he’s going through it without the help of Horizon and his friends. Of course, he finds the most unlikely new best friend in Otto Octavius.

So we’re avoiding some of the super dark stuff, and instead focusing on the emotional core of the story which is how these two characters are changed, and how the way they’re changed brings them together in a way they never expected.

It has a very emotional ending – one of the characters involved makes a huge sacrifice. I rewatched it just before this and I’m not ashamed to admit I cried. It’s a very satisfying ending to the two seasons. I’m very pleased with the writing in particular, led by Kevin Burke and Doc Wyatt. It’s very full circle – we didn’t have to go to super dark places to connect with the same character depth. Watching Spider-Gwen evolve into Ghost-Spider and how that affects her in this part of the season is very rewarding.
    So that's Gwen confirmed to get her powers back and the Ghost-Spider codename.

Also, there are new shows coming. It sounds like they couldn't reveal them yet because they were waiting for the Fox takeover and Avengers Endgame. Expect mutants and synergy!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Just gives us Anya punching SpOck and that alone elevates this show.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    https://www.newsarama.com/44952-cort...interview.html

So that's Gwen confirmed to get her powers back and the Ghost-Spider codename.

Also, there are new shows coming. It sounds like they couldn't reveal them yet because they were waiting for the Fox takeover and Avengers Endgame. Expect mutants and synergy!
    Major takeaways:

- It looks like they're being true to the core of the Superior storyline of Otto being Spider-Man drastically changing him even if Peter still has to overcome him to get his body back and prove he's the real Spider-Man.

- Peter is ostracized from his friends and kicked out of Horizon because of SpOck. Does this mean he has to go back to Midtown? Is that how they finally introduce Mary Jane?

- Peter and Otto being frenemies. I really don't care for that, especially coming off how many times this version of Otto has screwed Peter over up to and including Superior, but I guess it's comic accurate. I'm betting the big sacrifice is Doc Ock "redeeming" himself.

- Spider-Gwen becoming Ghost Spider. I'm guessing something happens to Gwen to lead her to realize she needs a secret identity?

And this little nuggett:

Cort Lane: I’m not allowed to reveal the next few series that are coming up – but there are new shows in the works about characters and properties we haven’t done series for in decades. That’s all I can say for now.

Obviously there’s a lot coming up. There’s so much changing in the Marvel Cinematic Universe and with the recent Fox acquisition, but I can’t get into specifics other than to say there will be announcements coming later this summer.
    He could only be talking about X-Men and FF right?

Astonishing Member

Probably.
    + Last series about the Fantastic Four: 2006-2007.
    + Last series about the X-Men: 2009.

It said "decades", so maybe there are other characters. Personally, I would focus mainly on the Fantastic Four and put aside the X-Men for the time being. X-Men's world is really dark for the "House of Mouse" to use it properly. The closest thing I can think from Disney to be similar to the X-Men is the first movie of "The Hunchback of Notre-Dame". Even Frollo reminded me a lot of William Stryker.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Probably.
    + Last series about the Fantastic Four: 2006-2007.
    + Last series about the X-Men: 2009.

It said "decades", so maybe there are other characters. Personally, I would focus mainly on the Fantastic Four and put aside the X-Men for the time being. X-Men's world is really dark for the "House of Mouse" to use it properly. The closest thing I can think from Disney to be similar to the X-Men is the first movie of "The Hunchback of Notre-Dame". Even Frollo reminded me a lot of William Stryker.
    Would make for a nice change of pace from the other Marvel cartoons .

BANNED

So Gwen and Miles are going to be unlikable jerkasses to Peter for things Otto did to him and them while in his body? Yeah, that's par the course for a Slott-influenced Spider-Man show

And this little nuggett:

MCU changes are mentioned too - so probably something that relates to the changed status quo at the end of Endgame too. A new Avengers series with a lineup that spoilers:
    doesn't include Tony Stark, Steve Rogers, or Black Widow? And maybe has Sam Wilson Cap instead? They also mentioned keeping an eye on War of the Realms, so maybe Jane Foster Valkyrie (reflecting upcoming comics) rather then Thor Odinson (who joined the GOTG at the end of Endgame)?
    end of spoilers
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    So Gwen and Miles are going to be unlikable jerkasses to Peter for things Otto did to him and them while in his body? Yeah, that's par the course for a Slott-influenced Spider-Man show
    Feel same.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    They beter have a Season 3 after this. This is NO WAY to end the series!!! After debuting the Jackal for the very first time on TV (puting Miles Warren aside), they can't end this series without giving us a "Clone Saga". And besides, there was supposed to be a Spider-Man 2099 in this series.
    Nowadays, Jackal now has two big storylines he's known for under his belt - Clone Saga and Spider Island.

Spider Island - done. Jackal was in about, what, eight episodes last season?

If Jackal shows up again, great - but after all this waiting and waiting for months, not knowing if they are still going or not, I'd be even happier to finally see Marvel's Spider-Man's Green Goblin, as well as or if the next wave of action figures includes him, because so far, the toy line - all Spiders and Vulture.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Well, I think they'll have to be really careful to not make the supporting cast come off too badly once Peter gets his body back and has to deal with the fallout of what Otto did while in his body, because he wasn't responsible for that.

Granted, it's one thing for Gwen (or Anya) to blame him when they can't know his entire circumstances yet but Miles knows everything and should probably be more willing to believe Peter.
    Quote Originally Posted by ngroove View Post
    Nowadays, Jackal now has two big storylines he's known for under his belt - Clone Saga and Spider Island.

Spider Island - done. Jackal was in about, what, eight episodes last season?

If Jackal shows up again, great - but after all this waiting and waiting for months, not knowing if they are still going or not, I'd be even happier to finally see Marvel's Spider-Man's Green Goblin, as well as or if the next wave of action figures includes him, because so far, the toy line - all Spiders and Vulture.
    I would be very surprised if Green Goblin isn't in Goblin War.

I don't think this series is going to end before showing Spider-Man facing off against his biggest villain and having Josh Keaton play the Green Goblin.

Astonishing Member

Geez! Is going to be so difficult for Spidey/Peter to explain the old switcheroo? (OK, the whole secret identity IS a big problem, but still...). If Ock has a true change of heart (something I doubt), then I guess he will admitelly confess he usurped the identity of Spider-Man and Peter Parker (avoiding the whole secret identity, again).

Quote Originally Posted by Batman Begins 2005 View Post
    Feel same.
    As do I, oh well....
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

how many episodes of the new show so far?
    DVD releases yet?

Is it on netflix or Hulu yet?