Page 12 of 184 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112 ... LastLast

I figured I'd bump this thread up with more news about the show:

Promotional art that appears to be for the show indicates that Anya Corazon will be joining the cast.

And this seems to indicate the villains we can expect from the show as well:

Also, Patton Oswalt will be playing Uncle Ben

I wasn't expecting Anya to be in this.

I guess multiple the Spidey's in the last season of USM were selling merch or something lol
    We need better comics

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    I wasn't expecting Anya to be in this.

I guess multiple the Spidey's in the last season of USM were selling merch or something lol
    And Marvel's idea of "back-to-basics" for Spider-Man = Team-Up's .

Astonishing Member

So, without taking the time to re-read this whole thread and see if this has already been brought up...

Spider-Island has been confirmed for this show, right? That would probably be the most logical way to introduce Miles Morales, Spider-Gwen and Spider-Girl into the show. Everyone gets cured except them.

Merchandise imaging of Miles and Spider-Gwen already leaked a while back, but I'm very surprised to see Spider-Girl there as well. If anything I'd have thought they'd have gone with Silk, since her origin ties right into Peter's.

I think I'm probably going to skip this series.

The Spiderverse was fun, but it worked because there's such a long history to pull from. Starting from scratch and having Spider-man just be one of a group of Spider people doesn't appeal to me. I'd rather Spidey be a solo act.

Also, I've always felt Miles was a waste of space that gets far more hype than he deserves.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    And Marvel's idea of "back-to-basics" for Spider-Man = Team-Up's .
    As long as its good I don't mind tbh
    We need better comics

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    I think I'm probably going to skip this series.

The Spiderverse was fun, but it worked because there's such a long history to pull from. Starting from scratch and having Spider-man just be one of a group of Spider people doesn't appeal to me. I'd rather Spidey be a solo act.

Also, I've always felt Miles was a waste of space that gets far more hype than he deserves.
    Setting aside the oddity that is a rookie Spider-Man on a team of Spiders who are much younger then him in the comics, at least this time these other Spiders will have to actually serve Peter's story rather then the other way around for once, or one would hope...

I'm still waiting for them to confirm supporting cast members who aren't Superheroes and are actually relevant to Peter Parker's life in the comics.

Looks like fun, if nothing else.

I'm just so excited Spider-Gwen's getting to be in a full series, alongside Peter and Miles (and Anya now) just sounds like a neat idea. I don't mind seeing this kind of show, brings up a lot of excellent possibilities.

And they haven't confirmed Spider-Island will be a storyline, but they have mentioned it as one of the stories they want to do, so I wouldn't be surprised if that's what happens. It would be an interesting new take for both Miles & Gwen at least.

I also remember them talking about how they want to do Superior Spider-Man at some point as well, which I am incredibly interested in what they would do for that. It would probably only be for a 3-4 part episode, unless they did like the Captain America Skrull in Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes which lasted like half a season.

BANNED

Spidey in cartoons never really had a enguaging superhero plot and action based cast like batman and wolverine did, it was always about a pov show about one guy bouncing off normal people and trying not to get them involved, his hero tales are kinda boring without characters who can know how who he is and can both fight and develop beside him, not him reacting to a foe of the week and winning with barely any emotional investment of his bad guys or someone other than himself.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

About time Anya got into a show as a main cast member.

BANNED

Is Anya wearing Cindy's outfit?

No. Cindy doesn't have a spider emblem, she has a red webbing design with a stylised S in the middle - and a red mouth mask instead of Anya's black eye mask. Anya doesn't have any red on her costume - this one is completely new. They probably changed it to make her look less like Venom.

BANNED

I'm looking forward to this. Wacker did a great job shepherding Ultimate Spider-Man once he came on (in Season 2, I think) so I'm excited to see what he does with a Spidey show that he's in on from the ground floor. And Slott's involvement is obviously an added bonus.

Obviously, as an adult, I know this show isn't "for me" specifically but I greatly enjoyed Ultimate Spider-Man and as a fan I love seeing how Spidey is continually "reborn" in his animated incarnations. Even if the results aren't always my cup of tea, it's always interesting to see how Spidey is re-interpreted with different animation styles and storytelling sensibilities and for different generations.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Obviously, as an adult, I know this show isn't "for me" specifically
    There's a lot of Disney cartoons on aimed at the kids that I and other take pleasure in as adults. Star vs The Forces of Evil, Gravity Falls, Milo Murphy's Law etc.

I also enjoyed Ultimate Spider-Man for it's last two seasons. The two Spider-Verse storylines they did were real fun, and there was enough in the show to set it apart from other Spidey cartoons before it. I liked that they embraced the concept of the supporting cast, from Flash to Aunt May, becoming aware of who Peter was and factoring more into his world.