Page 13 of 184 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    There's a lot of Disney cartoons on aimed at the kids that I and other take pleasure in as adults. Star vs The Forces of Evil, Gravity Falls, Milo Murphy's Law etc.

I also enjoyed Ultimate Spider-Man for it's last two seasons. The two Spider-Verse storylines they did were real fun, and there was enough in the show to set it apart from other Spidey cartoons before it. I liked that they embraced the concept of the supporting cast, from Flash to Aunt May, becoming aware of who Peter was and factoring more into his world.
    Yes, there's a lot of cartoons on Disney XD that are still fun for adults. If I didn't have a young son, I wouldn't sample many of them on my own but any new Spidey is something I'll always make a point to check out. And once it really got rolling, I think Ultimate Spider-Man was one of Spidey's best animated incarnations.

Quote Originally Posted by SpideyCeo View Post
    Spidey in cartoons never really had a enguaging superhero plot and action based cast like batman and wolverine did, it was always about a pov show about one guy bouncing off normal people and trying not to get them involved, his hero tales are kinda boring without characters who can know how who he is and can both fight and develop beside him, not him reacting to a foe of the week and winning with barely any emotional investment of his bad guys or someone other than himself.
    Spectacular did a pretty great job of creating an engaging and exciting Superhero narrative while still retaining the importance of Peter's civilian life, all without having to include a bunch of other Spider-heroes or throw Peter on a team.

That's not to discredit what this show seems to be doing, even if it just seems like USM season 5 rather then an actual new and fresh Spidey cartoon, but it does lend to the idea of Spectacular as the definitive Spidey experience in cartoon form .

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    I'm looking forward to this. Wacker did a great job shepherding Ultimate Spider-Man once he came on (in Season 2, I think) so I'm excited to see what he does with a Spidey show that he's in on from the ground floor. And Slott's involvement is obviously an added bonus.
    Wacker came in with season 3, where there was definitely a more noticeable improvement and consistency as far as the writing was concerned, which most attribute to Wacker's presence.

They've already said that this show is going to be based Slott's run, so I expect it to be very reflective of "Big Time" given those two worked together on Spider-Man during that era. And Slott's run does lend itself well to a cartoon format.

It's also, I guess, a natural progression from USM given all the elements from Slott's run the latter seasons picked up.
    There's a lot of Disney cartoons on aimed at the kids that I and other take pleasure in as adults. Star vs The Forces of Evil, Gravity Falls, Milo Murphy's Law etc.
    Same here. Lots of great kids cartoons across all the different that networks that both kids and adults can enjoy, like the aforementioned shows, Justice League Action, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Steven Universe, etc. .

I also enjoyed Ultimate Spider-Man for it's last two seasons. The two Spider-Verse storylines they did were real fun, and there was enough in the show to set it apart from other Spidey cartoons before it. I liked that they embraced the concept of the supporting cast, from Flash to Aunt May, becoming aware of who Peter was and factoring more into his world.
    I much-preferred USM's take on Spider-Verse to the actual comic event. Maybe it was because of the lack of shock-value deaths, the Inheritors, or because Peter was actually driving the narrative in the cartoon version, but I found it much more enjoyable overall.

Of course, neither version had the best take on Spider-Girl...

I thought it was interesting seeing Flash and May learn Peter's secret, since that was a first for a Spider-Man cartoon, but at the same time I wasn't completely crazy about how the only way for any of Peter's traditional supporting cast to become relevant to the cartoon was to either A. learn his secret or B. put on a costume.

I'm hoping it won't be the same for this show.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I thought it was interesting seeing Flash and May learn Peter's secret, since that was a first for a Spider-Man cartoon, but at the same time I wasn't completely crazy about how the only way for any of Peter's traditional supporting cast to become relevant to the cartoon was to either A. learn his secret or B. put on a costume..
    Still sticks in my craw they waited until the last season to flesh out Mary Jane

Still sticks in my craw they waited until the last season to flesh out Mary Jane
    And they still really didn't do much with her in the end...but at least we got something. Silver lining and all that .

I hope that Gwen and Anya being confirmed doesn't mean we won't see MJ play a major role in this cartoon, costume or no costume.

I can dig Patton Oswalt as the voice of Uncle Ben.

Though a part of me would love to have him voice Doc Ock

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey616 View Post
    I can dig Patton Oswalt as the voice of Uncle Ben.

Though a part of me would love to have him voice Doc Ock

I honestly can't figure out who he's a better fit for between the two of them .

Oswalt could probably do a good hammy Ock on par with MacNicol though.

BANNED

And they still really didn't do much with her in the end...but at least we got something. Silver lining and all that .

I hope that Gwen and Anya being confirmed doesn't mean we won't see MJ play a major role in this cartoon, costume or no costume.
    If Slott's work is a major influence, perhaps we could see Annie May?

I say that because even the Unlimited video game had an excuse to throw her into their universe where Peter and MJ are just dating

Spectacular did a pretty great job of creating an engaging and exciting Superhero narrative while still retaining the importance of Peter's civilian life, all without having to include a bunch of other Spider-heroes or throw Peter on a team.

That's not to discredit what this show seems to be doing, even if it just seems like USM season 5 rather then an actual new and fresh Spidey cartoon, but it does lend to the idea of Spectacular as the definitive Spidey experience in cartoon form .
    And after finally getting a chance to watch the whole thing, I definitely gotta agree that Spectacular is the best Spider-Man cartoon. It gets everything right about Spider-Man, along with just being a really enjoyable show in general. I also now know everyone's pain about it not having a real ending too...

Miguel O'Hara will be in the show.

BANNED

Wearing his ANAD outfit no less

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    Miguel O'Hara will be in the show.
    Huh, I guess we're getting a "travel to 2099" episode.

Which seems like something you would save for a second or third season, when Peter's better established, but I could say the same about introducing all these other Spiders.

I hope they do more with the 2099 setting then USM did, and cast someone good for Miguel.

Also of note is that picture at the far right, which has the Black Suit and...Spider-Man Noir? Or is that just a different suit for Peter? Maybe that prototype costume that was used in promotional material?
    Wearing his ANAD outfit no less
    And I just have to ask..why ?

I hope the show doesn't get too crowded with Spider characters. Maybe just an episode here and there in different universes

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    I hope the show doesn't get too crowded with Spider characters. Maybe just an episode here and there in different universes
    I hope this show doesn't turn into another Spider-team show, but I guess we'll just have to see how they work out all these characters alongside Peter.

But some of this just feels like stuff that should be saved for later on.

I also hope the other Spiders don't make up the bulk of the supporting cast.

I hope this show doesn't turn into another Spider-team show, but I guess we'll just have to see how they work out all these characters alongside Peter.

But some of this just feels like stuff that should be saved for later on.

I also hope the other Spiders don't make up the bulk of the supporting cast.
    Considering the Spider-Verse/Web-Warriors episodes were the most popular episodes from Ultimate Spider-Man, I wouldn't be surprised if they decided to do that for this whole show.

Which personally, I don't have a problem with, as long as the context makes sense and they make effective use of the characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    Considering the Spider-Verse/Web-Warriors episodes were the most popular episodes from Ultimate Spider-Man, I wouldn't be surprised if they decided to do that for this whole show.

Which personally, I don't have a problem with, as long as the context makes sense and they make effective use of the characters.
    I also enjoyed those episodes, and I guess better the focus be on characters related to the Spider-Man franchise (if not exactly connected to Peter Parker) then random Marvel universe teen heroes, but I was still hoping for something different then USM with a new coat of paint as this seems to be...

Although I guess I'm probably a minority in that, as far as the characters I was hoping would show up in this cartoon, other Spiders weren't high up on that list. Not that I'm not a fan of them, just not as far as making them prominent parts of a Peter Parker Spider-Man cartoon.