Page 136 of 184 FirstFirst ... 3686126132133134135136137138139140146 ... LastLast
Results 2,026 to 2,040 of 2750

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Obviously, Osborn recruited Vulture and his wannabes for his army. And Norman gained the power of the Green Goblin while he was wearing the HobGoblin's suit, with the explosion of a green liquid. Just like in the 90s series.
    I get the uncanny feeling that this will eventually leave me asking more questions.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Mighty Member

Well, a leak from an upcoming episode came out (in a different language). It looks like spoilers:
    Toomes is definitely involved, as he fights Peter, Harry, and Miles in a flying mech
    end of spoilers.

For an episode titled "The Road to Goblin War," it didn't really feel like it was doing much setup for Goblin War beyond the Peter/Otto relationship and the reveal at the end, which felt really tacked on. Were those logos actually there when the episode flashbacked to them? It seemed so random.

I get why Peter is determined to get back into Horizon, even if Max doesn't seem like he's going to budge, but I feel like they can still mine a lot out of him being back in Midtown, preferably if they remember there are relevant characters there other then Flash and Anna Maria like Randy, Liz...and Mary Jane .

It was cool to see them use Slyde, but a Supervillain whose origin is tied to a corrupt company introduced for that episode felt too soon after Cloak and Dagger and Alchemax. Speaking of which, are they ever going to do something with Alchemax after establishing it? I don't get why they would do it if they weren't planning to at least touch on 2099, even if it had some involvement with the original Superior storyline.

I'm surprised they used Chris Edgerly and Eric Lopez for such bit roles. I mean, Lopez went from being Molten Man to "random bad guy scientist who turns out to be a Goblin cultist."

I really don't like this hero turn for Otto if it means Peter needing even more help and getting stuck with a voice in his head like this is an Arrowverse show. I mean, Otto basically handled the majority of containing Slyde's destruction and basically handed Peter his wins against all the bad guys in this episode. Whose show is this again ?

How can Otto be considered as a teacher for Midtown? Shouldn't he still be under criminal investigation for the stunt he pulled at Horizon earlier in the season? That's a distinct parole violation, if nothing else. I forget if Peter told Yuri Ock was behind the threat before the Superior swap.

It's funny to me that Otto is so insistent he not be Peter's sidekick when he called Peter his sidekick back when they were hero partners. Actually, it feels like the writers have completely forgotten that this version of Otto actually started out as a hero.
    Quote Originally Posted by GamerSlyRatchet View Post
    Well, a leak from an upcoming episode came out (in a different language). It looks like spoilers:
    Toomes is definitely involved, as he fights Peter, Harry, and Miles in a flying mech
    end of spoilers.
    spoilers:
    A giant mech suit feels a little "off-brand" for Toomes.
    end of spoilers

so where can the "next" spider-man show possibly go? seems like this one has already hyper-accelerated decades of continuity into its plotlines. miles, ghost-spider, "superior"/Ock, etc.
    I wouldn't mind a show based on the recent video game. Then again, that would probably "ruin" whatever the developers have in mind for the next full game sequel. :-(

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    For an episode titled "The Road to Goblin War," it didn't really feel like it was doing much setup for Goblin War beyond the Peter/Otto relationship and the reveal at the end, which felt really tacked on. Were those logos actually there when the episode flashbacked to them? It seemed so random.
    I only spotted the one from when Peter and Otto visited Uncle Ben's grave, but only because it was in the promo. Actually, I don't think that one was even in the little montage we got.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    so where can the "next" spider-man show possibly go? seems like this one has already hyper-accelerated decades of continuity into its plotlines. miles, ghost-spider, "superior"/Ock, etc. (
    Older Peter. Villains would be encountering Miles and Gwen for the first time but would have long histories with Peter.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Older Peter. Villains would be encountering Miles and Gwen for the first time but would have long histories with Peter.
    I don't want another "Peter and a bunch of spider-people" show but maybe the key to integrating them is an older Peter.

I mean, jeez, it's been 8 episodes since Gwen and Anya did anything. Peter's forgotten Miles for the umpteenth time. I feel bad for anyone who watches these shows just for them .

Exactly. Peter actually wouldn't even be in every episode (easy to say he's doing his day job, which could be at either Parker Industries or the Daily Bugle, or that he's off Avengering) - Miles would be the lead. Gwen would still be native to the same world as the others though. Instead of Horizon or Midtown, Brooklyn Visions school would be used.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Exactly. Peter actually wouldn't even be in every episode (easy to say he's doing his day job, which could be at either Parker Industries or the Daily Bugle, or that he's off Avengering) - Miles would be the lead. Gwen would still be native to the same world as the others though. Instead of Horizon or Midtown, Brooklyn Visions school would be used.
    I don't know if we're at a point where I see them pulling the trigger on Miles as a lead for an ongoing Spider-Man cartoon (even if there's a higher chance of it now with Into the Spider-Verse), but if they do it then they'll have to write Peter out somehow.

But that would be total monkey paw moment to finally having adult Peter in a cartoon again .

I don't even know if Miles could handle other spider-heroes better then Peter's show.

If a Miles led show were to happen my main concern would be getting his personality right and not turning him into a streetwise kid like ITSV.

New clips for Goblin War.

Second clip:

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    New clips for Goblin War.
    Gwen and Anya think Peter is the Goblin? They really don't know Peter very well.

Well, no, they don't. They think he's changed and that Otto's arrogance is his new personality. Peter needs to fess up that he's Spidey.

Mighty Member

Well, no, they don't. They think he's changed and that Otto's arrogance is his new personality. Peter needs to fess up that he's Spidey.
    They didn't know Peter that well before the superior mess.
    Last edited by rward777; 11-09-2019 at 06:25 AM.