Page 14 of 184 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464114 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I also enjoyed those episodes, and I guess better the focus be on characters related to the Spider-Man franchise (if not exactly connected to Peter Parker) then random Marvel universe teen heroes, but I was still hoping for something different then USM with a new coat of paint as this seems to be...

Although I guess I'm probably a minority in that, as far as the characters I was hoping would show up in this cartoon, other Spiders weren't high up on that list. Not that I'm not a fan of them, just not as far as making them prominent parts of a Peter Parker Spider-Man cartoon.
    As someone who just recently finished Spectacular Spider-Man, and LOVED IT SO MUCH, I would like to see a return to that kind of formula (although I have a feeling I might end up just wishing we get a Season 3 to Spectacular instead), but I think if they are going to do something different, an essentially "Spider-Men" show is an interesting idea with alot of potential.

I just hope this doesn't end up being "Every episode is travelling the multiverse" then that'll be tiring. If it's these Spider-characters (for the most part) in one location, I'm perfectly fine with.

so is Venom supposed to be in this series? how will they do it if Pete's still in high school here?

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    As someone who just recently finished Spectacular Spider-Man, and LOVED IT SO MUCH, I would like to see a return to that kind of formula (although I have a feeling I might end up just wishing we get a Season 3 to Spectacular instead), but I think if they are going to do something different, an essentially "Spider-Men" show is an interesting idea with alot of potential.

I just hope this doesn't end up being "Every episode is travelling the multiverse" then that'll be tiring. If it's these Spider-characters (for the most part) in one location, I'm perfectly fine with.
    A Spider-Men show was basically what USM was developing into, so while I think that's fine (if not particularly Spider-Man-y in my opinion), it wouldn't be altogether that different from the last Spider-Man cartoon, but I guess we'll just have to see how it's handled.

I don't think it'll be a Spider-Verse adventure every episode, just a bunch of Spiders together like in USM, with probably random appearances from different Spiders every now and then. Miguel will probably show up in a one-off time travel episode I imagine, unless they take a cue from Slott's run and stick him in the present (which wouldn't surprise me).
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    so is Venom supposed to be in this series? how will they do it if Pete's still in high school here?
    Promotion artwork seems to confirm he's in it, though it wouldn't be the first time he's fought Peter in high school (Spectacular, Ultimate).

Though we also don't know which Venom it's supposed to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    As noted before, just have the Black Suit story happen in high school. It has worked in the past.

We need better comics

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    The animation and art style looks...okay. I was expecting something that would look a little better or standout more compared to the other Marvel cartoons, but this looks about par with the other shows. It's not bad, but I feel like it could look much better.

I also feel like the coloring could be a little more vibrant, especially for a Spider-Man cartoon.

I wonder how long Peter has this prototype suit? The footage shown at Comic-Con had him wearing it during his first encounter with Vulture, but he's also wearing it here against Scorpion. I wonder if he doesn't have his actual suit by the end of the first episode?

Is that Jason Spisak as the Scorpion? Sounds like him using his gruff voice.

The new Spider-Man VA sounds okay. It'll probably take time to adjust to him as Peter, whoever it is, but I guess his performance here seems in-line with what we've heard from Holland.

BANNED

I'm sorry, but that animation is pure shite

Oh dear lord. That's terrible.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

So he won't jump a turnstile, but he will jump through a Subway window?
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

The animation looks...clunky. I really appreciated what they did in The Spectacular Spider-Man. While the animations for the characters were quite basic, they enabled the characters to move better and spend more of their budget animating the fights. The fights in the show were always thrilling.

This is besides the fact that I really, really miss Josh Keaton as the voice for Spider-Man.
    With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility

Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

It looks OK. I guess Marvel isn't really gonna blow anybody away with animation at this point.

"Meh." That's all I can say.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    "Meh." That's all I can say.
    This kind of sums up my reaction, I'm sad to say .

Remember that awesome fight in the opera with Spider-Man fighting Doc Ock, Silvermane and Tombstone ? For that is by far on of the best Spider-Man fights in his animated history.
    And it wasn't just a pointless fight either. It was a plot of the Green Goblin to take control of the New York criminal empire. During Valentine days of all days wich put a strain in Peter's and Liz Allan's relashionship.
    That episode was one of the best of the Spec series!
    Why do I say this ? Well because I tend to hold things to a certain standard. And when I say that this new cartoon looks and sounds like Dog S***, it is because I expected better from Marvel and not the bare minimun.
    So if it is possible for that to happen with Sony, why can't I expect this from Marvel, of all places, to do their flagship character some justice ?

Astonishing Member

That was very clunky. The model plane falling was terrible. Scorpion was slow and unintimidating.

Fluid animation should have been the number one priority.