Page 142 of 184 FirstFirst ... 4292132138139140141142143144145146152 ... LastLast
Results 2,116 to 2,130 of 2750

Quote Originally Posted by ngroove View Post
    Seriously, what happened to the days toy companies want to make toys for every character on the cartoons?

Really, BACK WHEN there was Marvel's Spider-Man toys in my local store, until almost a year ago due to having only one wave, all I saw, was Spider-Men, Peter and Miles, and Vulture, who was also a movie villain who had Homecoming figures back on Homecoming. That's it.

Why, "Back in my day", every wave of super hero cartoon toys, which there was two-three waves a year, had at least three - four different villains!

What happened to the alleged wave(s) that was snapped from a Toy Convention exhibit, that would include Ghost Spider, Spider-Girl, Venom, and Green Goblin?
    Spidey 2099 never showed up either and I believe he was part of the toyline. And the Green Goblin design didn't match any of the Goblin designs on the show.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Spidey 2099 never showed up either and I believe he was part of the toyline. And the Green Goblin design didn't match any of the Goblin designs on the show.
    Ahh wait, based on recent developments on the cartoon, if there would be a Goblin toy, it would basically be still the same villain, just in another costume.

There was some serious disconnect between the marketing material and the actual show. Just look at Anya too, the promos and the toys showed her with a new costume, and when she actually became Spider-Girl the costume wasn't like the one from the marketing. Even the comic strips from the Spider-Man Magazine feature Anya with the new costume.

I'd like to now what exactly happened there. Disconnect between merchandise and content is generally normal, since most merchandise is done before a series is finished as a whole, but I don't think I've ever seen one with as much as this series. My guess would be they tried to more or less amalgam everything Spider-Man in the merch, instead of just focusing on the cartoon?

Oh, and also toy catalogs might indicate that the new season could begin in April.
    Last edited by Spider-Chan; 02-22-2020 at 11:19 AM.

When is season 3 supposed to air? April?
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    There was some serious disconnect between the marketing material and the actual show. Just look at Anya too, the promos and the toys showed her with a new costume, and when she actually became Spider-Girl the costume wasn't like the one from the marketing. Even the comic strips from the Spider-Man Magazine feature Anya with the new costume.

I'd like to now what exactly happened there. Disconnect between merchandise and content is generally normal, since most merchandise is done before a series is finished as a whole, but I don't think I've ever seen one with as much as this series. My guess would be they tried to more or less amalgam everything Spider-Man in the merch, instead of just focusing on the cartoon?

Oh, and also toy catalogs might indicate that the new season could begin in April.
    It is confirmed for April 2020.

"Not available in my country."

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    "Not available in my country."
    Can you at least read the description?

If not:

Peter Parker breaks down everything there is to know about one of his biggest baddies ever: The Venom Symbiote!

Marvel's Spider-Man: Maximum Venom comes to Disney XD this April!
    So I guess we should start seeing trailers and such in March.

Can you at least read the description?
    No, in that situation you can't, it doesn't show up.
    youtuberegionlock.jpg
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

You know, one thing I’d love to know is, why is it that with the animated adaptations, they always portray Venom as a villain and never seem to get to the anti-hero aspect of the character? We were able to adapt Superior Spider-Man and make Ock heroic yet Venom can’t get redemption? The only time we’ve ever seen a heroic version was in Ultimate Spider-Man with Agent Venom and for us to even get that, they basically didn’t even bother adapting anything of Venom’s story including completely omitting Eddie Brock. It just feels like they do Venom so dirty in these animated series.

I think in this season that's were they're going, since it looks like Carnage is the endgame villain, despite the name Maximum Venom.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    You know, one thing I’d love to know is, why is it that with the animated adaptations, they always portray Venom as a villain and never seem to get to the anti-hero aspect of the character? We were able to adapt Superior Spider-Man and make Ock heroic yet Venom can’t get redemption? The only time we’ve ever seen a heroic version was in Ultimate Spider-Man with Agent Venom and for us to even get that, they basically didn’t even bother adapting anything of Venom’s story including completely omitting Eddie Brock. It just feels like they do Venom so dirty in these animated series.
    I'm less bothered by the anti-hero aspect and more that they keep trying to write out the human component of Venom and just portray the Symbiote singularly as Venom.

They go to the trouble of establishing Brock and then just write him out of relevance in Venom's next appearance.

Astonishing Member

They say there's an interesting new poster at the endo of the video. Can anyone post a picture? (I can't see it in my country either).

Spider-Man 2099 could still appear on the next season. After all, there's a "Venom 2099" in Miguel O'Hara world.

Looks like we're getting Anti-Venom and Carnage.

I'm more surprised we haven't heard any murmurings about the next Spider-Man cartoon that will follow this one, assuming there is one, other then the Disney Jr. show.
    I'm not surprised by Anti-Venom and Carnage. I was actually expecting them. However, that "Carnage" looks a lot more like Toxin, who is basically a red Venom with a black spider emblem.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    They say there's an interesting new poster at the endo of the video. Can anyone post a picture? (I can't see it in my country either).
    Here's the poster (love Patrick Brown's promotional artwork for the show by the way).
    2020-02-23 (3).jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    I'm not surprised by Anti-Venom and Carnage. I was actually expecting them. However, that "Carnage" looks a lot more like Toxin, who is basically a red Venom with a black spider emblem.
    Apparently the Eddie Brock version of Toxin will be featured in the Maximum Venom toyline...

It would be funny if Toxin leads to season 3 being Eddie's redemption arc.

Quote Originally Posted by Pattern_Maker View Post
    Here's the poster (love Patrick Brown's promotional artwork for the show by the way).
    2020-02-23 (3).jpg
    I find it amusing the other Spiders aren't even on the poster.
    Apparently the Eddie Brock version of Toxin will be featured in the Maximum Venom toyline...

It would be funny if Toxin leads to season 3 being Eddie's redemption arc.
    I wouldn't be surprised, although it would feel kind of "been there, done that" after what they did with Doc Ock.

Mighty Member

...Is it just me or does it seem like a symbiote overdose/infestation like it was in the 90's? This WOULD be a chance to use all of those lesser known symbiote characters like Scream, Phage, Agony and the like (I mean...you might as well. If you are going to be doing this Oprah Winfrey Symbiote giveaway it's the best opportunity). I'm afraid all it will amount to is a bunch of Venom variants will small attributes... I suppose the Symbiote characters I named all look like Carnage so I suppose it comes with the territory...