Page 143 of 184 FirstFirst ... 4393133139140141142143144145146147153 ... LastLast
Results 2,131 to 2,145 of 2750

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    ...Is it just me or does it seem like a symbiote overdose/infestation like it was in the 90's? This WOULD be a chance to use all of those lesser known symbiote characters like Scream, Phage, Agony and the like (I mean...you might as well. If you are going to be doing this Oprah Winfrey Symbiote giveaway it's the best opportunity). I'm afraid all it will amount to is a bunch of Venom variants will small attributes... I suppose the Symbiote characters I named all look like Carnage so I suppose it comes with the territory...
    I think they're just trying to tie-in to all the major promotion Venom has been getting in the comics and movies.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by ngroove View Post
    Seriously, what happened to the days toy companies want to make toys for every character on the cartoons?

Really, BACK WHEN there was Marvel's Spider-Man toys in my local store, until almost a year ago due to having only one wave, all I saw, was Spider-Men, Peter and Miles, and Vulture, who was also a movie villain who had Homecoming figures back on Homecoming. That's it.

Why, "Back in my day", every wave of super hero cartoon toys, which there was two-three waves a year, had at least three - four different villains!

What happened to the alleged wave(s) that was snapped from a Toy Convention exhibit, that would include Ghost Spider, Spider-Girl, Venom, and Green Goblin?
    ...Hmm... Normally an action cartoon not being dictated by toy sales would be considered a blessing (as they are prone to survive)...but I really wonder how this affects this show

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think they're just trying to tie-in to all the major promotion Venom has been getting in the comics and movies.
    I guess...but you would think Eddie would be more than a discarded afterthought, as he seems to be prominent in those.

Quote Originally Posted by ngroove View Post
    Seriously, what happened to the days toy companies want to make toys for every character on the cartoons?

Really, BACK WHEN there was Marvel's Spider-Man toys in my local store, until almost a year ago due to having only one wave, all I saw, was Spider-Men, Peter and Miles, and Vulture, who was also a movie villain who had Homecoming figures back on Homecoming. That's it.

Why, "Back in my day", every wave of super hero cartoon toys, which there was two-three waves a year, had at least three - four different villains!

What happened to the alleged wave(s) that was snapped from a Toy Convention exhibit, that would include Ghost Spider, Spider-Girl, Venom, and Green Goblin?
    I've seen figures of Ghost-Spider (Spider-Gwen) and Spider-Girl in stores, both the 6-inch and titan series. 6-inch Venom and Green Goblin (and that Hobgoblin) too.

Now what I have noticed is that they're leaving out Venomized Spider-Girl even though she had toy packaging artwork to focus on the Spider-Verse trio.

how many episodes left to the series? Is there going to be another reboot in the next year?

I'd like to see a college setting again someday, without multiple spider-allies for the first year or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    how many episodes left to the series? Is there going to be another reboot in the next year?

I'd like to see a college setting again someday, without multiple spider-allies for the first year or so.
    6 hour-long specials (which is basically a 12-episode season).

Aside from the Disney Jr. show, there has been no word about a new Spider-Man cartoon.

Maybe something will be announced at one of the big comic cons?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Maybe something will be announced at one of the big comic cons?
    I've stopped having big expectations when it comes to Marvel Animation panels. Although maybe that'll be different under Feige.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post

I honestly think the college setting is overrated.

Mighty Member

I think most are fatigued with the high school presentation that Spider-Man has had in other media since 2008's Spectacular animated series. Everything that has come out afterward has stuck Spider-Man in a high school setting. I think the main problem that I have personally is that they overemphasize the "just a kid" aspect of it all, to the point of ridiculousness. With the way they have handled a mid 20's Spidey in comics in the past, I'm not 100% sure if maturity would come along with being out of high school.

Incredible Member

...Hmm... Normally an action cartoon not being dictated by toy sales would be considered a blessing (as they are prone to survive)...but I really wonder how this affects this show.
    Usually, here's the formula - LOVE the cartoon = wanna buy all the toys of all characters! Especially the villains!

I still have golden memories of the Spider-Man: the Animated Series and their toys back in my childhood, my first figure been the Lizard, then finding Doctor Octopus, then Scorpion, then on a birthday, Shocker, Green Goblin, and Carnage, and later on, Mysterio and Chameleon, ect, with an occasional Spider-Man here and there in-between.

And even the Spectacular Spider-Man action figure line, just about all the major enough villains made it into figure form, enough to make the show's Sinister Six, and then some!

Then, Ultimate Spider-Man...meh, not so much, mostly Spider-Man, Nova, Iron Fist, and only occasional villains, but at least several waves was made from it during the show's runs.

But, Marvel's Spider-Man? Only ONE action figure wave, Spider-Men and Vulture. No Doctor Octopus. No Scorpion. No Jackal. Have not seen Hobgoblin or Goblin King, yet. And since female figures are now making gradual increases in representation, as there has been Ghost Spider and Spider-Girl figures, a Black Cat would be neat. But, nope, no Black Cat either. Or Liz Allan, Screwball.
    Last edited by ngroove; 02-28-2020 at 10:04 PM.

Honestly, it wouldn't be a bad idea to take a page from the Spider-Verse movie or PS4 game playbook if they want a show to keep having the other spider-people to just do it like it is in the comics... I mean having an adult Peter Parker and teenage Miles Morales both running around. That way they finally could do another show with an adult Peter, and they still get a teenager as a main character.

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post
    Honestly, it wouldn't be a bad idea to take a page from the Spider-Verse movie or PS4 game playbook if they want a show to keep having the other spider-people to just do it like it is in the comics... I mean having an adult Peter Parker and teenage Miles Morales both running around. That way they finally could do another show with an adult Peter, and they still get a teenager as a main character.
    I hope they focus more on Miles's adventures if they do that.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

I think most are fatigued with the high school presentation that Spider-Man has had in other media since 2008's Spectacular animated series. Everything that has come out afterward has stuck Spider-Man in a high school setting. I think the main problem that I have personally is that they overemphasize the "just a kid" aspect of it all, to the point of ridiculousness. With the way they have handled a mid 20's Spidey in comics in the past, I'm not 100% sure if maturity would come along with being out of high school.
    To be honest, even though he was in high school, I didn't feel like the "just a kid" mentality was that prevalent in Spectacular. Most of the villains didn't treat him like a kid save for Shocker calling him "boy," but I don't think he realized Spidey was a teenager.

I think this emphasis on Spidey being a kid or on his youth stems from Ultimate and MCU influences becoming more prevalent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post
    I think other spider-heroes should be treated as guest stars instead of main characters, which frankly isn't that different from how they're treated now. Writers seem to struggle trying to figure out how to juggle multiple heroes with Spider-Man, and this was a problem even in Ultimate.

I'm not sure if Peter and Miles should be in the same show as each other. At least both as main characters.

Yeah, having Miles as the main focus would definitely make the next show different.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, having Miles as the main focus would definitely make the next show different.
    I think Sony would probably be more willing to make a cartoon centered around Miles then Marvel is (I mean, they already have).

Conceptually I wonder how they'd do it because I feel like, unless you really stretch out the Bendis stuff and maybe expand more on the stuff Ahmed has introduced, there is nowhere near the amount of material to adapt from compared to Peter unless they lift major Spider-Man stuff and just do it with Miles. I guess they could go the Supergirl/Batwoman direction.