Page 147 of 184 FirstFirst ... 4797137143144145146147148149150151157 ... LastLast
Results 2,191 to 2,205 of 2750
    Mighty Member

Admittedly, the reason why I think MJ might've been retconned into meeting Peter for the first time is because of the way they set it up (Aunt May mentioning Anna Watson's niece) is similar to how MJ was built up before her "Face it, Tiger..." iconic intro. So, I think a lot of us (including myself) assumed they're doing their own take on that intro.

Not to mention other inconsistencies, like Grady's redesign and no mention of Doc Connors's Lizard episode, kind of doesn't make it impossible. Again, better to wait for the next special, but I don't blame people for thinking that way.

Quote Originally Posted by GamerSlyRatchet View Post
    Admittedly, the reason why I think MJ might've been retconned into meeting Peter for the first time is because of the way they set it up (Aunt May mentioning Anna Watson's niece) is similar to how MJ was built up before her "Face it, Tiger..." iconic intro. So, I think a lot of us (including myself) assumed they're doing their own take on that intro.

Not to mention other inconsistencies, like Grady's redesign and no mention of Doc Connors's Lizard episode, kind of doesn't make it impossible. Again, better to wait for the next special, but I don't blame people for thinking that way.
    Pretty sure the mechanical arm is the reference from his time as the Lizard.

Grady getting a redesign could be to make him look older (since the characters were talking about college and the marvel website said this is suppose to be their Junior year), or it was just a reference to Scott Menville being his and Ock's voice actor. It's funny though because I've actually seen comments on youtube were people thinking that Grady is going to replace Otto.
    Last edited by Pattern_Maker; 04-26-2020 at 05:39 PM. Reason: Needed to change sophomore to juniors.

Quote Originally Posted by GamerSlyRatchet View Post
    I will be very disappointed if we don't get a "Face it, Tiger..." moment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pattern_Maker View Post
    Pretty sure the mechanical arm is the reference from his time as the Lizard.
    I think it was more to reference his missing limb and that he's a biomechanical expert instead of a geneticist in this interpretation.

I will kind of laugh if the next time he gets infected by a Symbiote he turns into a Venom Lizard .
    Grady getting a redesign could be to make him look older (since the characters were talking about college and the marvel website said this is suppose to be their sophomore year), or it was just a reference to Scott Menville being his and Ock's voice actor. It's funny though because I've actually seen comments on youtube were people thinking that Grady is going to replace Otto.
    I thought they were either juniors or seniors. I'm not sure if they would seriously be looking at colleges in their sophomore year, and I always assumed season 2 was the "sophomore season."

It's kind of weird that this show got to have more forward progression of Peter in high school then Spectacular did .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

I thought they were either juniors or seniors. I'm not sure if they would seriously be looking at colleges in their sophomore year, and I always assumed season 2 was the "sophomore season."
    That's what I meant, Juniors. I'll fix my previous post.

It's kind of weird that this show got to have more forward progression of Peter in high school then Spectacular did .
    That's probably the only thing I didn't like about Spectacular when finding out about it. Peter fighting every one of his major villains over two school semesters looked cool to watch, but thinking about it just didn't sit right with me. And I know Spectacular showed him going through stuff as Peter and Spidey more in-depth than the current show, but that time frame is too close together.

Mighty Member

That's what I meant, Juniors. I'll fix my previous post.

That's probably the only thing I didn't like about Spectacular when finding out about it. Peter fighting every one of his major villains over two school semesters looked cool to watch, but thinking about it just didn't sit right with me. And I know Spectacular showed him going through stuff as Peter and Spidey more in-depth than the current show, but that time frame is too close together.
    I think the heavy mob influence helped it make more sense as the second organized crime started getting more involved and focusing on Spider-Man directly supervillains started to pop up (whether it was to distract Spider-Man like Sandman and Rhino or wildcards like Gobby and Ock who were created thanks to pressure on Norman from the mob). It was like a domino effect...
    Last edited by Mistah K88; 04-26-2020 at 08:48 PM.

Here's something cool, a fan design of Mary Jane and Spinnerette in the shows style by artist misterpoofofficial on tumblr

He's also done one of Fire Star.

I will be very disappointed if we don't get a "Face it, Tiger..." moment.

I think it was more to reference his missing limb and that he's a biomechanical expert instead of a geneticist in this interpretation.

I will kind of laugh if the next time he gets infected by a Symbiote he turns into a Venom Lizard .

To be fair, that's because it's now been running longer than Spec did.

As for looking at colleges, Miles (and Kamala) did the same thing in the comics in the last Marvel Rising mini (Squirrel Girl, an Empire State University student, gave them a tour). Looks like his age has caught up with the comics.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Here's something cool, a fan design of Mary Jane and Spinnerette in the shows style by artist misterpoofofficial on tumblr

These are pretty nice designs. I prefer MJ with long hair but I wouldn't be surprised if they give her a bob (I hope they don't though). I like the Spinneret suit with more white.

It would be kind of hilarious if they make MJ a last-minute Superhero like they did in USM, although I'd prefer her without powers. We have enough Spider-Heroes as is and they just wrote them out for a few episodes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    To be fair, that's because it's now been running longer than Spec did.
    True, but it hasn't emphasized forward progression as much as Spec did.

Mighty Member

That MJ's outfit reminds me of a classic Gwen...it's the color combo with the green jacket.

True, but it hasn't emphasized forward progression as much as Spec did.
    True... I think the Ultimate Spider-Man animated series had Peter as a high school graduate before the end of the series as well... the thing is, I would have been unaware had someone not told me. Did seasons pass in that show? Do seasons pass in this show? I know normally holiday episodes have the season change for that episode, and then it's back to being perpetual spring.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    That MJ's outfit reminds me of a classic Gwen...it's the color combo with the green jacket.
    MJ's also made purple work .
    True... I think the Ultimate Spider-Man animated series had Peter as a high school graduate before the end of the series as well... the thing is, I would have been unaware had someone not told me. Did seasons pass in that show? Do seasons pass in this show? I know normally holiday episodes have the season change for that episode, and then it's back to being perpetual spring.
    They never quite specified exactly what happened with Peter's schooling when he moved to SHIELD Academy. I think MJ said she thought he transferred somewhere.

(Man USM was a weird Spider-Man cartoon).

Astonishing Member

I wish something like this will be real.

Mighty Member

When it comes to Mary Jane, were she to actually appear in this show what role would she play? I think they are still steering clear of romance so I think that is out of the question... I've heard the tiger mascot thing was training to become an actress. Do you think that they will retcon that and have her be super smart and into science as well in order to place her at Horizon High like Peter's *******ing cast? Because MJ lives next door to Peter, they don't necessarily NEED to transfer her to Horizon to have her interact with Peter a lot. I kind of hope they don't, as I think it would do Peter well to have more friends with varied interests.
    Last edited by Mistah K88; 04-29-2020 at 10:13 AM. Reason: Is sup-port really a curse word?

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    When it comes to Mary Jane, were she to actually appear in this show what role would she play? I think they are still steering clear of romance so I think that is out of the question... I've heard the tiger mascot thing was training to become an actress. Do you think that they will retcon that and have her be super smart and into science as well in order to place her at Horizon High like Peter's *******ing cast? Because MJ lives next door to Peter, they don't necessarily NEED to transfer her to Horizon to have her interact with Peter a lot. I kind of hope they don't, as I think it would do Peter well to have more friends with varied interests.
    I don't know how her character would be able to stand out well if she's yet another super science nerd on a show of super science nerds. She's more lively, forward, and sassy then Gwen? She has red hair? I just don't see it.

To be honest I don't see the point of introducing her at all if they weren't going to do some kind of romantic arc with her and Peter...or they just don't want to be the one modern Spider-Man cartoon that never really did anything with Mary Jane.

I wish we had gotten more of the Midtown kids or the Bugle to have Peter dealing with more stuff or people with different experiences/interests then the Horizon kids.

Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

I don't know how her character would be able to stand out well if she's yet another super science nerd on a show of super science nerds. She's more lively, forward, and sassy then Gwen? She has red hair? I just don't see it.

To be honest I don't see the point of introducing her at all if they weren't going to do some kind of romantic arc with her and Peter...or they just don't want to be the one modern Spider-Man cartoon that never really did anything with Mary Jane.

I wish we had gotten more of the Midtown kids or the Bugle to have Peter dealing with more stuff or people with different experiences/interests then the Horizon kids.
    One has to wonder if they introduced her too late. It could be romantic but it’s not like you couldn’t do that with the female characters that’s already on the show.

I agree with many of the points brought up by this reviewer about why the new series doesn't work, or could at least work better given a different direction -

"So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."