Page 148 of 184 FirstFirst ... 4898138144145146147148149150151152158 ... LastLast
Results 2,206 to 2,220 of 2750

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    I agree with many of the points brought up by this reviewer about why the new series doesn't work, or could at least work better given a different direction -

I have often felt like the show hasn't done the best job of diversifying the cast in terms of personalities when most of the main cast can be summed up as "teen super-scientist" type. Especially when said super-scientist types all inevitably also end up in costume and in action with Peter. I mean, Miles, Gwen, and Anya all have personalities but I'm not sure if they're distinct enough to really standout from each other most of the time.

It's why I was disappointed that Peter went back to Horizon at the end of season 2. I was honestly looking forward to seeing him back at Midtown and interacting with kids that have different interests or experiences then the kids in Horizon who, really, aren't all that different from Peter. But other then Flash the show never did anything else with Liz and Randy. What was even the point of that Screwball episode? Randy got Peter his job with the Bugle but that was short lived too.

That's not even getting into how Peter, the main character, more often then not needs to juggle screen time or get saved on his own show by other super-scientist Spider-Heroes. Like, what is even the point of Spider-Man then and what does he bring to the table? And then when you inevitably re-focus on Peter, because it's his show, the other Spider-Heroes just end up being wallpaper.

Astonishing Member

Is anyone else thinking that Peter gaining a friendly symbiote costume is them testing the waters for the PS5 game?

Rewatching Web of Venom I think I spotted the first reference to the Symbiote Storylines from Guardians of the Galaxy.

Back in the episode Symbiote Wars Part One from season two of Guardians, Groot wanted to plant an object I think it was called a World Pod or Planet Seed to regrow his kind on his home planet Planet X. The planet was infested with symbiotes, so the Guardians had to destroy it and Groot ended up planting the seed on Planet Y with the Klyntar symbiotes watching over it.

All the way back in season one of Guardians in the episode Hitchin A Ride a symbiote that bonded with Groot mentioned that it wanted to use Groot to birth even more symbiotes into existence.

In Web of Venom, Venom digs up a seed thing from where the Space Foundation located his meteorite. This seed was buried in the Earth and has the same shape as the Planet Seed Groot planted into Planet Y's soil. And what does Venom do with it? Summons the symbiotes from their planet, which Ben Pronsky in a video interview mentioned to be called Klyntar like in the comics.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pattern_Maker View Post
    Here's something cool, a fan design of Mary Jane and Spinnerette in the shows style by artist misterpoofofficial on tumblr

He's also done one of Fire Star.
    I still more prefer for teen MJ/Spinneret suit from Mangaverse. And suit from RYW she can start wearing after wedding.

I saw a promo for the next special during today's Ducktales premier:

- Miles is back and teams-up with Peter and Ironheart (who looks pretty much on-point with how she looked in Marvel Rising albeit a little thinner and the mask design is a little more angular?).

- Baby Groot sounds more "cutesy" then when Kevin Michael Richardson voiced him.

- It seems Amadeus Cho as The Totally Awesome Hulk appears during the Baby Groot part of the special with Ironheart.

- Dr. Strange shows up fighting Baron Mordo. Strange has an energy version of the axe he was swinging around during the Jason Aaron era of the character. I didn't really get a good glimpse of Mordo but he looks like he's wearing something close to his MCU look.

- Mary Jane looks about how you'd expect her to. She and Peter almost crash into each other. Her hair is in a ponytail.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I saw a promo for the next special during today's Ducktales premier:

- Miles is back and teams-up with Peter and Ironheart (who looks pretty much on-point with how she looked in Marvel Rising albeit a little thinner and the mask design is a little more angular?).

- Baby Groot sounds more "cutesy" then when Kevin Michael Richardson voiced him.

- It seems Amadeus Cho as The Totally Awesome Hulk appears during the Baby Groot part of the special with Ironheart.

- Dr. Strange shows up fighting Baron Mordo. Strange has an energy version of the axe he was swinging around during the Jason Aaron era of the character. I didn't really get a good glimpse of Mordo but he looks like he's wearing something close to his MCU look.

- Mary Jane looks about how you'd expect her to. She and Peter almost crash into each other. Her hair is in a ponytail.
    I wish you could give us a link, pal. By the way, MJ's hair as a ponytail? I can't stop thinking about Spinneret now. (I hope she will appear).

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    I wish you could give us a link, pal. By the way, MJ's hair as a ponytail? I can't stop thinking about Spinneret now. (I hope she will appear).

Astonishing Member

Thank you so much, pal. Have you noticed that Peter blushed in MJ's scene? I wish we will have part of the ship. And the ponytail and "sportist" look, I really wish for "Spinneret".

Amadeus Cho in his Hulk incarnation? I think I prefer him as Brawn. Too bad we didn't see him becoming Brawn in "Ultimate Spider-Man", so the Iron Spider's armor could be used by someone else. (Maybe MJ assimilating it with Carnage's symbiote, so she wouldn't use the symbiote's tricks of axes and stuff).

Thank you so much, pal. Have you noticed that Peter blushed in MJ's scene? I wish we will have part of the ship. And the ponytail and "sportist" look, I really wish for "Spinneret".

Amadeus Cho in his Hulk incarnation? I think I prefer him as Brawn. Too bad we didn't see him becoming Brawn in "Ultimate Spider-Man", so the Iron Spider's armor could be used by someone else. (Maybe MJ assimilating it with Carnage's symbiote, so she wouldn't use the symbiote's tricks of axes and stuff).
    I think there are enough costumed heroes as is without needing to throw in yet another one. Spidey has to juggle screentime enough as is.

It's kind of funny that Cho has been used in two Spider-Man cartoons and never in a Hulk cartoon (although considering the quality of Agents of SMASH, maybe that's a good thing)

Astonishing Member

I think there are enough costumed heroes as is without needing to throw in yet another one. Spidey has to juggle screentime enough as is.

It's kind of funny that Cho has been used in two Spider-Man cartoons and never in a Hulk cartoon (although considering the quality of Agents of SMASH, maybe that's a good thing)
    Sorry, but no. There's no enough costumed heroes. Villains always outnumbers the heroes, so I personally always welcome another one. Besides, it has more sense than Doc Ock. (Although, on the other hand, I doubt we have seen the last of him).

Agents of SMASH was cancelled before USM's Season 3, where Amadeus Cho was introduced. Also, the series ended right before Amadeus was revealed as the new Hulk. If USM would have continued, they could have adapted that story there.

Sorry, but no. There's no enough costumed heroes. Villains always outnumbers the heroes, so I personally always welcome another one. Besides, it has more sense than Doc Ock. (Although, on the other hand, I doubt we have seen the last of him).
    In a grander sense yeah, but I don't think that makes a lot of sense on a Spider-Man show.

(I hope Doc Ock stays dead).
    Agents of SMASH was cancelled before USM's Season 3, where Amadeus Cho was introduced. Also, the series ended right before Amadeus was revealed as the new Hulk. If USM would have continued, they could have adapted that story there.
    It's still weird to have that on a Spider-Man show instead of something more centered around the Hulk.

In a grander sense yeah, but I don't think that makes a lot of sense on a Spider-Man show.

It's still weird to have that on a Spider-Man show instead of something more centered around the Hulk.
    It would have made more sense for Ollie Osnick to move on from Steel Spider to Iron Spider, but I guess that was before they had the idea to include Miles and Scarlet Spider in Vs. The Sinister Six.

Back on topic, well there goes any chances of my PeterxGwen ship being canon. The fact that they have Mary Jane wearing a jacket with the Midtown Tiger's colors makes me think that Peter probably knew who she was, but either she didn't know Peter that well or she just forgot about him. I don't see why they would give her a sports jacket if her cameo in season one was retconned.

Artsyles aside, if Peter knows who Groot is the minute he finds him then Guardians of the Galaxy really is canon to Marvel's Spider-Man. With that set up the 2010 Marvel Animated Shows would flow like Ultimate Spider-Man> Avengers Assemble>HULK: ATAS ≠ Guardians of the Galaxy>Avengers Secret Wars (maybe)>Marvel's Spider-Man> Avengers Black Panther's Quest.

I'm not liking Iron Heart's helmet here either, but I guess they wanted something so they wouldn't have to reuse the design from Marvel Rising. Gwen's Ghost-Spider costume has the same eye lenses as Peter's Spider-Man costume while in Marvel Rising their pink like it's known for.

Also, I'm glad that the college tour won't be for the entire season. It means we'll hopefully see the other spiders do some more instead of near the end. I want to see the Avengers react to their being more than one Spider.

Astonishing Member

1º) The times of Spider-Man being a loner are way outdated. I understand Spider-Man's worries about other people getting hurt, but I'm quite more sick of classic stories about Spidey vs the Sinister 6. I mean, come on!! It's almost like High School's bullies. And about Doc Ock, characters hardly die in a kid's show (except in flashbacks, like Uncle Ben).

2º) Well, in the last seasons, Spider-Man was recruiting teen heroes to be trained by SHIELD; so I don't think it mattered if they were related to Hulk, Iron Man or any other hero, as long as they were teens. After "Agents of SMASH", A-Bomb and Skaar could have joined SHIELD's Academy.

Quote Originally Posted by Pattern_Maker View Post
    It would have made more sense for Ollie Osnick to move on from Steel Spider to Iron Spider, but I guess that was before they had the idea to include Miles and Scarlet Spider in Vs. The Sinister Six.
    Oh yeah, Steel Spider...I totally forgot about him (but so did the show...).
    Back on topic, well there goes any chances of my PeterxGwen ship being canon. The fact that they have Mary Jane wearing a jacket with the Midtown Tiger's colors makes me think that Peter probably knew who she was, but either she didn't know Peter that well or she just forgot about him. I don't see why they would give her a sports jacket if her cameo in season one was retconned.
    I think it was pretty clear they weren't going to be doing anything with PeterxGwen by season 2. I just hope PeterxMJ actually goes somewhere unlike OttoXAnna Maria.
    Artsyles aside, if Peter knows who Groot is the minute he finds him then Guardians of the Galaxy really is canon to Marvel's Spider-Man. With that set up the 2010 Marvel Animated Shows would flow like Ultimate Spider-Man> Avengers Assemble>HULK: ATAS ≠ Guardians of the Galaxy>Avengers Secret Wars (maybe)>Marvel's Spider-Man> Avengers Black Panther's Quest.
    I remember joking back when they did the Secret Wars arc in Avengers: Secret Wars that the re-formed universe rebooted Spider-Man into the Marvel's Spider-Man version.

It definitely should be canon with Guardians since they're following up on the way that show established the Symbiotes.
    Also, I'm glad that the college tour won't be for the entire season. It means we'll hopefully see the other spiders do some more instead of near the end. I want to see the Avengers react to their being more than one Spider.
    It would be nice to get some interaction. Other then girls geeking out at Black Widow or Miles and Kamala briefly talking we haven't really seen that much of the other Spiders interacting with the bigger heroes.
    1º) The times of Spider-Man being a loner are way outdated. I understand Spider-Man's worries about other people getting hurt, but I'm quite more sick of classic stories about Spidey vs the Sinister 6. I mean, come on!! It's almost like High School's bullies. And about Doc Ock, characters hardly die in a kid's show (except in flashbacks, like Uncle Ben).
    I don't know about outdated but it just feels truer to the character in my opinion.
    2º) Well, in the last seasons, Spider-Man was recruiting teen heroes to be trained by SHIELD; so I don't think it mattered if they were related to Hulk, Iron Man or any other hero, as long as they were teens. After "Agents of SMASH", A-Bomb and Skaar could have joined SHIELD's Academy.
    I hope I never have to see that show's version of Skaar again...

Mighty Member

Amadeus Cho's Hulk? I wonder if he's the one that gets Venomized instead of Banner.

So, MJ is wearing Midtown High's colors, but it seems Peter doesn't know her already? We'll see how this turns out.

Oh hey, Miles is actually involved in this one. I wonder if they'll keep his Spy-D codename. He didn't have it in the credits, while Gwen and Anya had theirs.