Page 149 of 184 FirstFirst ... 4999139145146147148149150151152153159 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,235 of 2750

Quote Originally Posted by GamerSlyRatchet View Post
    Amadeus Cho's Hulk? I wonder if he's the one that gets Venomized instead of Banner.
    It would be a twist if Cho shows up out of nowhere and turns out to be the Hulk of this season .

Although Fred Tatasciore is part of the main cast so it shouldn't be hard for the main Hulk to show up.
    So, MJ is wearing Midtown High's colors, but it seems Peter doesn't know her already? We'll see how this turns out.
    Sounds like a continuity gaffe...
    Oh hey, Miles is actually involved in this one. I wonder if they'll keep his Spy-D codename. He didn't have it in the credits, while Gwen and Anya had theirs.
    For the sake of his character, I hope they just drop it.

Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

Yeah I’ve said it else where but MJ just looks like Gwen with red hair
    I do wonder why a lot of the female characters hair have been redesigned to be tied , made shorter, or put in ponytails

Quote Originally Posted by Unspeakable Evil View Post
    I do wonder why a lot of the female characters hair have been redesigned to be tied , made shorter, or put in ponytails
    Heck, everyone looks the same in this show. For example, all the characters have nearly identical faces.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Easier animation. It's the reason Jean Grey's hair was ponytailed in the 90s X-Men cartoon, when it was loose in the comics (though that was odd considering Rogue and Storm both had very long hair in that show).

I'm surprised Anya wasn't given a ponytail actually, because in the comics she usually wears her hair that way both in and out of costume.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It would be a twist if Cho shows up out of nowhere and turns out to be the Hulk of this season .

Although Fred Tatasciore is part of the main cast so it shouldn't be hard for the main Hulk to show up.
    It makes sense. In EMH, the same actor voiced both Hulk and Red Hulk, but their alter egos Bruce Banner and General Ross had different VAs.

And in-universe, Hulk was gone from the Avengers in Black Panther's Quest, which would make sense if Amadeus has attempted to cure him and gained his powers in the process, which is what happened in the comics.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 05-11-2020 at 10:30 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Easier animation. It's the reason Jean Grey's hair was ponytailed in the 90s X-Men cartoon, when it was loose in the comics (though that was odd considering Rogue and Storm both had very long hair in that show).
    I've always assumed it's a budget thing.

I'm glad they didn't try and give MJ a short hair look.
    And in-universe, Hulk was gone from the Avengers in Black Panther's Quest, which would make sense if Amadeus has attempted to cure him and gained his powers in the process, which is what happened in the comics.
    Somehow I don't think there's going to be so much off-screen context for Cho's appearance here.

Speaking of redesigns, I’d love to know why they shifted Gwen’s design back to her terrible season 1 that makes her feel more stiff and stuck up rather than her season 2 look which feels more relaxed and actually looked closer to the Earth-65 Gwen Stacy.

It's not QUITE her season 1 design. No more chopstick hair pins. Does seem odd though. Her season 2 look fits under her mask better. A hair bun should leave an obvious lump under the mask.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

It's not QUITE her season 1 design. No more chopstick hair pins. Does seem odd though. Her season 2 look fits under her mask better. A hair bun should leave an obvious lump under the mask.
    I remember during Spider-Island she had her hair in like a pompadour under her hood, but this was before she made the mask.

Yeah, she only had the hood in season 1, the mask debuted in season 2. Surely when she suits up she'd have to let down the bun?

Yeah, she only had the hood in season 1, the mask debuted in season 2. Surely when she suits up she'd have to let down the bun?
    I'm still wondering why she even bothered with the mask. It's not like she cared before about hiding her identity so I guess she just wanted it because Miles and Anya had them.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Congeridi View Post
    She's sassy! She's cute! She's fun! He's a blushing mess! She calls him "Tiger!" It's perfect .

I guess my only disappointment is that she only seems to be in one scene in the upcoming episode .

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    She's sassy! She's cute! She's fun! He's a blushing mess! She calls him "Tiger!" It's perfect .

I guess my only disappointment is that she only seems to be in one scene in the upcoming episode .
    I keep thinking she could become something similar to her "Spinneret" counterpart in the comics. Even more if Venom decides to attack Spider-Man's "beloved ones" as part of his revenge. There's also Spider-Island. In the comics, MJ was the last citizen to get spider-powers because of her years of "proximity to Peter". She could have kept her powers, but Spider-Man gave the the cure to avoid her to become a giant spider too. Clearly, the same reason can't work here because she hasn't meet Peter in the series until now; but MAYBE some other factor could have allowed her to gain spider-powers during the series' Spider-Island and keep them. It would be interesting if in the last scene of the episode, we see MJ doing something "unusual", as discretly using spider-strength to do something.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    I keep thinking she could become something similar to her "Spinneret" counterpart in the comics. Even more if Venom decides to attack Spider-Man's "beloved ones" as part of his revenge. There's also Spider-Island. In the comics, MJ was the last citizen to get spider-powers because of her years of "proximity to Peter". She could have kept her powers, but Spider-Man gave the the cure to avoid her to become a giant spider too. Clearly, the same reason can't work here because she hasn't meet Peter in the series until now; but MAYBE some other factor could have allowed her to gain spider-powers during the series' Spider-Island and keep them. It would be interesting if in the last scene of the episode, we see MJ doing something "unusual", as discretly using spider-strength to do something.
    In the Mayday Parker Amazing Spider-Girl comics Peter and Mary Jane's son Benjy was bonded to the Carnage symbiote for a brief time and in the last issue Benjy's spider-powers developed quickly and it's assumed it was because of the symbiote.

The writers could make Mary Jane bond to a symbiote, Peter removes it and her powers from Spider-Island come back.

Or just follow "Renew Your Vows" Comic. And have MJ wear regent tech suit that gives her spider-powers.
    We already had Regent story done.