Page 15 of 184 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565115 ... LastLast

I noticed in the clip that Peter was wearing his MCU prototype outfit. So does this show take place in the MCU or is it just heavily inspired by it?
    . My Little Pony . ASM: Renew your Vows . Ms Marvel . Generation X . Doom Patrol . Super Man . The Flash . Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps . Trinity . Teen Titans . Super Sons . Mister Miracle . Saga . Paper Girls .

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    That was very clunky. The model plane falling was terrible. Scorpion was slow and unintimidating.

Fluid animation should have been the number one priority.
    I've been saying that about practically every Marvel cartoon .

Quote Originally Posted by LOSTie-chan View Post
    I noticed in the clip that Peter was wearing his MCU prototype outfit. So does this show take place in the MCU or is it just heavily inspired by it?
    For Marvel Animation there isn't much difference .

Quote Originally Posted by MRstarkiller360 View Post
    Remember that awesome fight in the opera with Spider-Man fighting Doc Ock, Silvermane and Tombstone ? For that is by far on of the best Spider-Man fights in his animated history.
    And it wasn't just a pointless fight either. It was a plot of the Green Goblin to take control of the New York criminal empire. During Valentine days of all days wich put a strain in Peter's and Liz Allan's relashionship.
    That episode was one of the best of the Spec series!
    Why do I say this ? Well because I tend to hold things to a certain standard. And when I say that this new cartoon looks and sounds like Dog S***, it is because I expected better from Marvel and not the bare minimun.
    So if it is possible for that to happen with Sony, why can't I expect this from Marvel, of all places, to do their flagship character some justice ?
    Yes! That show had so many amazing fight scenes, not just cause of the fight themselves were wonderfully animated, but because the story stakes felt important too! What comes to mind is the first fight with the Sinister Six, the original fight against Venom, the final Sandman sequence, and the final Green Goblin assault.

This just looks like very simple standard stuff, which is alright, just nothing truly special. I want to see more on how the other characters will interact with each other first before completely writing this show off.

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    This just looks like very simple standard stuff, which is alright, just nothing truly special. I want to see more on how the other characters will interact with each other first before completely writing this show off.
    I feel like this describes Marvel Animation in a nutshell these days.

Not that there isn't anything of merit or good in the current cartoons, because there is, but still not to the same degree as their past, and more ambitious, cartoons.

⚡ The Scarlet Poster ⚡ Flash Fan #1's Avatar

Not impressed.

This clip was so terrible, that I couldn't finish watching the rest of it.

If I happen to hear good things about it here and there and that it's improved and gotten better or what-have-you, I guess I'll take a peek. Until that happens, however, I'm not bothering.

Even on the chance that it does okay, it'll be more or less the same situation as with Spec' in that it will last about two seasons and then be gone. Spec' is still remembered fondly, of course, but this up-coming incarnation likely won't be.

The 90's, Fox Kids series is still the gold standard, as far I'm concerned. On top of that, him being in High School yet again is annoying. Isn't Peter somewhere between 28 and 30 in the main 616 continuity right now?
    Last edited by Flash Fan #1; 06-02-2017 at 06:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Fan#1 View Post
    N

The 90's, Fox Kids series is still the gold standard, as far I'm concerned. On top of that, him being in High School yet again is annoying. Isn't Peter somewhere between 28 and 30 in the main 616 continuity right now?
    Agreed.
    The last few cartoons and the last few films have had Peter in high school.
    It's become boring at this point.

It's kind of like with the whole Uncle Ben being shot thing. We all know what happened, we don't need to keep seeing it. I feel like High School Origins Peter is getting to that point. XD
    . My Little Pony . ASM: Renew your Vows . Ms Marvel . Generation X . Doom Patrol . Super Man . The Flash . Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps . Trinity . Teen Titans . Super Sons . Mister Miracle . Saga . Paper Girls .

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LOSTie-chan View Post
    Agreed.
    The last few cartoons and the last few films have had Peter in high school.
    It's become boring at this point.
    Well, each new cartoon incarnation is meant for a new generation of kids who are just being introduced to the character.

They're not made primarily for the adult fan who's watched every Spidey cartoon and film. So what's boring for a thirtysomething ("Ugh, high school again?!") would likely not be for an eight year old who's coming to Spider-Man for the first time.

The clip was cute enough. Curious to see how the show as a whole is.

Meh. Shouldn't have expected better animation. I really like X-Men: Evolution's animation. That was some slick stuff. Wish this was of that quality.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    So he won't jump a turnstile, but he will jump through a Subway window?
    I was thinking the exact same thing. Why would you WAIT for your card to work when you could just jump the turnstile??? And seriously, do we have to have Peter narrating out loud to himself?

Not really feeling the animation here. I miss the days of Spectacular Spider-Man and Earth's Mightiest Hero from a few years back. Those have to be Marvel Animation's glory days. Even better than the 90s IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91;2854980[B
    ]I was thinking the exact same thing. Why would you WAIT for your card to work when you could just jump the turnstile???[/B] And seriously, do we have to have Peter narrating out loud to himself?
    Yeah, that was so stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Well, each new cartoon incarnation is meant for a new generation of kids who are just being introduced to the character.

They're not made primarily for the adult fan who's watched every Spidey cartoon and film. So what's boring for a thirtysomething ("Ugh, high school again?!") would likely not be for an eight year old who's coming to Spider-Man for the first time.

The clip was cute enough. Curious to see how the show as a whole is.
    And when I was a kid, my first introduction to Peter was through the 90's show where he was in college. Totally worked .
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    I was thinking the exact same thing. Why would you WAIT for your card to work when you could just jump the turnstile??? And seriously, do we have to have Peter narrating out loud to himself?
    At least he's not breaking the fourth-wall like Deadpool again.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    At least he's not breaking the fourth-wall like Deadpool again.
    Not yet...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    And when I was a kid, my first introduction to Peter was through the 90's show where he was in college. Totally worked
    Point being it was your introduction. This show will be someone else's.

Criticizing this because you've already watched a number of other animated incarnations and movies and so on ignores the fact that you're not the target audience. It's not tailored for the veteran Spidey fanatic but for young viewers who are fresh to the character.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    Why would you WAIT for your card to work when you could just jump the turnstile???
    I would think it's meant to show in a humorous way that Peter would rather do things the right way, when possible.