Page 151 of 184 FirstFirst ... 51101141147148149150151152153154155161 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,265 of 2750

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    They never did explain who the guy in the Stealth Spider suit was.
    I thought this scene made it clear it was Norman...

Spider-Island Part 1.00.jpg

He walks in on Peter grabbing the Stealth Suit from the dumpster and sees him talking to Miles in his Spider-Man gear. And the next scene is when the suit was stolen.

Quote Originally Posted by GamerSlyRatchet View Post
    We saw that as Alistair went to Horizon. But yeah, the change in showrunners probably meant the end of the school rivalries and the heavy focus on science. I can't say I mind, frankly.
    It was a tad too Harry Potter for my money.

Maybe if they played up more of the hero/villain angle with Horizon vs Oz Academy, but they never really did.
    This is never outright confirmed in the episode itself, but the credits do include Josh Keaton as "Norman Osborn/Monster Norman". It's really baffling since that plot point is dropped once Norman is cured.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pattern_Maker View Post

He walks in on Peter grabbing the Stealth Suit from the dumpster and sees him talking to Miles in his Spider-Man gear. And the next scene is when the suit was stolen.
    I know it really looked like it was Norman, but they never addressed it afterwards and why he did all of it.

Amazing Member
    Last edited by Congeridi; 05-22-2020 at 06:40 AM.

Moon Knight and Cloak and Dagger are confirmed to be in this special.

(Hopefully MJ will get some screentime).

Astonishing Member

Moon Knight and Cloak and Dagger are confirmed to be in this special.

(Hopefully MJ will get some screentime).
    Surely. And if the Symbiote Invasion is focused here, I wouldn't be surprised if Venom bonds symbiotes with his beloved ones to hurt Peter. Aunt May had Spider-Power during the Spider-Island's thing, so I can see her possessed by a Symbiote too. And the same goes for Mary Jane. I can see MJ as a Spider-Woman, like in "Ultimate Spider-Man"; I just hope they will use ANY other symbiote, except Carnage. (Mania could work much better).

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Surely. And if the Symbiote Invasion is focused here, I wouldn't be surprised if Venom bonds symbiotes with his beloved ones to hurt Peter. Aunt May had Spider-Power during the Spider-Island's thing, so I can see her possessed by a Symbiote too. And the same goes for Mary Jane. I can see MJ as a Spider-Woman, like in "Ultimate Spider-Man"; I just hope they will use ANY other symbiote, except Carnage. (Mania could work much better).
    I hope not .

Mania is a completely separate character.

Astonishing Member

I hope not .

Mania is a completely separate character.
    I said Aunt May could get possessed by a symbiote, I didn't say she would keep it later. (Unlike my suspictions about MJ). But I have to say, if Aunt May would have kept her Spider-Powers after Spider-Island, it would have been an interesting twist. I mean, Aunt May is attacked by a supervillain? She kicks his butt and embarrass him, mixing "self defense" with a little "spider-strength". Who says Aunt May is still a "weak old lady"?

I know about Mania, but Symbiotes can change of host as quick as we can change of clothes. After her introduction, Mania could bond with anyone else and cause more trouble. Mania is like a clone of Venom attached to a girl, and I still remember MJ in her "black suit" as "Spinneret".

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    I said Aunt May could get possessed by a symbiote, I didn't say she would keep it later. (Unlike my suspictions about MJ). But I have to say, if Aunt May would have kept her Spider-Powers after Spider-Island, it would have been an interesting twist. I mean, Aunt May is attacked by a supervillain? She kicks his butt and embarrass him, mixing "self defense" with a little "spider-strength". Who says Aunt May is still a "weak old lady"?
    It just seems a little too ridiculous for me.
    I know about Mania, but Symbiotes can change of host as quick as we can change of clothes. After her introduction, Mania could bond with anyone else and cause more trouble. Mania is like a clone of Venom attached to a girl, and I still remember MJ in her "black suit" as "Spinneret".
    They could, but I don't see why they would unless the creators are just that determined that MJ needs to have a Symbiote...for some reason.

Astonishing Member

It just seems a little too ridiculous for me.

They could, but I don't see why they would unless the creators are just that determined that MJ needs to have a Symbiote...for some reason.
    When you think about it, Peter Parker's luck is most about "ridiculous".

I guess it's to have a reason to keep her for the rest of the series. I mean, they could have introduced MJ in the first season officially, but NOOOOOO! They had to wait until the very end of the series, and now they need an excuse to justify her presence. By the way, maybe Flash Thompson will return and become "Anti-Venom"; just like I suspect Norman Osborn could appear as the Green Goblin, then quickly become the Red Goblin with Carnage.

So what’s up with the sporadic episode release schedule with the episodes this season? Rather than being consistent with an episode a week like one would expect, they instead release an episode, then nothing for weeks and then have another episode air. Any momentum that’s supposed to be going on with this plot is just killed as a result.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    So what’s up with the sporadic episode release schedule with the episodes this season? Rather than being consistent with an episode a week like one would expect, they instead release an episode, then nothing for weeks and then have another episode air. Any momentum that’s supposed to be going on with this plot is just killed as a result.
    I think they're mostly just dragging the final season out. They only have 4 other specials to release.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pattern_Maker View Post

I know it really looked like it was Norman, but they never addressed it afterwards and why he did all of it.
    They handled this poorly.

They tried to make it sound that since Norman was Patient Zero everything he did in the Stealth Suit episode was due to Jackal's mind control.
    However it doesn't take into account how the hell Jackal even knew that Norman survived the explosion and the show doesn't explain whether or not Jackal knows Peter and Miles are the Spider-Men so that he can tail them and take the suit.
    "Cable was right!"

I think they're mostly just dragging the final season out. They only have 4 other specials to release.
    Airing in the summer won't do the ratings any good either. And why are they even doing them as hour long specials, there's clearly a break point in the middle of each. Should've been twelve normal length episodes, released weekly in April, May and June.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Airing in the summer won't do the ratings any good either. And why are they even doing them as hour long specials, there's clearly a break point in the middle of each. Should've been twelve normal length episodes, released weekly in April, May and June.
    Honestly I don't think they care about ratings at this point.

Honestly I don't think they care about ratings at this point.
    That's sad on their part. Hopefully, the next Spider-Man show does away with this format and just goes back to basics (for real this time).