Page 152 of 184 FirstFirst ... 52102142148149150151152153154155156162 ... LastLast
Results 2,266 to 2,280 of 2750

According to interviews, Kevin Burke and Chris Wyatt wanted to tell stories longer than twenty minutes. I'm not trying to defend the airing or format of the episodes, but those fade-outs that lead to the Part 2 of the episodes were probably a precaution in case Disney XD decided to rerun the show and split the parts up. That's what Avatar the Last Airbender did with their hour-long episodes after their aired in reruns.

Here's an interview with Kevin Burke and Chris Wyatt, along with Venom and Ms. Marvel's actors, at D3 2019.
    Last edited by Pattern_Maker; 06-02-2020 at 03:24 PM. Reason: Grammar

Quote Originally Posted by Pattern_Maker View Post
    According to interviews, Kevin Burke and Chris Wyatt wanted to tell stories longer than twenty minutes. I'm not trying to defend the airing or format of the episodes, but those fade-outs that lead to the Part 2 of the episodes were probably a precaution in case Disney XD decided to rerun the show and split the parts up. That's what Avatar the Last Airbender did with their hour-long episodes after their aired in reruns.

Here's an interview with Kevin Burke and Chris Wyatt, along with Venom and Ms. Marvel's actors, at D3 2019.
    I'm not trying to doubt Burke and Wyatt...but they still kind of feel like two episodes rolled together into one hour. Especially when part two of the last special spent it's introduction basically recounting the entire first half like the viewer would be watching it as an individual episode.

I mean, maybe it was like you said and it was mandated by Disney that they had to structure it that way, but it doesn't give the sense that the whole thing was designed that way aside from, I guess, it being a continuous story within two episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    That's sad on their part. Hopefully, the next Spider-Man show does away with this format and just goes back to basics (for real this time).
    Sorry, not happening. The next show was already announced. It's a CG animated Disney Junior show called Spidey and His Amazing Friends. Those friends, as usual, being Miles and Gwen.
    https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/08...-disney-junior
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Sorry, not happening. The next show was already announced. It's a CG animated Disney Junior show called Spidey and His Amazing Friends. Those friends, as usual, being Miles and Gwen.
    It'll probably be a fun show aimed at preschool kids and for some other fans who just want something light. All we've seen is 2 images but I don't see this having much appeal to any other fans beyond the target audience. Great they're making a Spidey show for little kids but at the same time we know they're capable of more. I mean by making things that can appeal to all ages (Spectacular Spider-Man, Spider-Man 1994, even things like Batman TAS or Batman The Brave and the Bold). Not everything has to try to be the best thing ever, but I'm tired of a decade of mostly hollow Spidey cartoons pumped out in a quantity over quality mentality, and that probably continuing.

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post
    It'll probably be a fun show aimed at preschool kids and for some other fans who just want something light. All we've seen is 2 images but I don't see this having much appeal to any other fans beyond the target audience. Great they're making a Spidey show for little kids but at the same time we know they're capable of more. I mean by making things that can appeal to all ages (Spectacular Spider-Man, Spider-Man 1994, even things like Batman TAS or Batman The Brave and the Bold). Not everything has to try to be the best thing ever, but I'm tired of a decade of mostly hollow Spidey cartoons pumped out in a quantity over quality mentality, and that probably continuing.
    I don't know what are the chances we'll get anything substantial for Spidey in animation, or for Marvel in general, as things currently stand. I just don't think it's a priority for Marvel at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I meant the next serious show.
    Also, is anyone else weirded out by Disney constantly making Spider-Man shows aim at younger and younger audiences? First it was teenagers with "Ultimate", then pre-teens with "Spider-Man", and now preschoolers.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't know what are the chances we'll get anything substantial for Spidey in animation, or for Marvel in general, as things currently stand. I just don't think it's a priority for Marvel at the moment.
    They're more focused on live-action than animation, though I wish this weren't the case.

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    I meant the next serious show.
    Also, is anyone else weirded out by Disney constantly making Spider-Man shows aim at younger and younger audiences? First it was teenagers with "Ultimate", then pre-teens with "Spider-Man", and now preschoolers.
    Spider-Man is Marvel's most recognizable character and many children's introduction to the Marvel Comics and their characters. Warner Brothers and DC have done the same with Batman, Superman, and their other properties for much longer. Spidey and His Amazing Friends is just a spin-off show following the same format as Marvel Super Hero Adventures, so it probably shouldn't be considered the next big show after Marvel's Spider-Man.

I didn't consider Ultimate Spider-Man a show aimed at teenagers, at least not the first two seasons specifically. I'd say it was also pre-teens and with Scarlet Spider's introduction, it became more for teenagers.

I think USM and Marvel's Spider-Man are basically aimed at the same age group and have similar production mandates, it's just the writing and content they're adapting from is slightly different.

Both have the same issue of struggling to do anything with Peter's civilian life or civilian characters in general in favor of Spider-Man, Spider-People, and team-ups.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think USM and Marvel's Spider-Man are basically aimed at the same age group and have similar production mandates, it's just the writing and content they're adapting from is slightly different.

Both have the same issue of struggling to do anything with Peter's civilian life or civilian characters in general in favor of Spider-Man, Spider-People, and team-ups.

Which is a shame because Peter's civilian life is arguably what has made the franchise endure for so long.

I'm just really getting tired of Gwen and Miles being in everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    I'm tired of them being in stuff and writers just not knowing what to do with them. Spider-Man as a franchise just is not designed around having a supporting cast of Superheroes.

Arrow

*Sigh* They are cash cows and Papa Disney loves cash cows (not that I blame Disney) so (for good or ill) they aren't going anywhere. They'll be attached to Peter at the hip until they either wane in popularity or are given their own series.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Into the Spider-Verse is kind of to blame for that one.

Funny thing is that after the movie premiered a lot of advertisements for the show only focused on Peter, Miles, and Gwen and ignore Anya. The DVD and Blu-Ray for Spider-Man: Far From Home has a commercial for Spider-Man's animated projects from Marvel Animation and they excluded Anya from any clips of Marvel's Spider-Man and Marvel Super Hero Adventures (clips of Gwen as Ghost-Spider were from Marvel Rising because the rest of season 2 didn't air yet). Even Maximum Venom's toyline pushed Anya aside to include Venomized Captain America, Iron Man, and Hulk alongside Peter, Miles, and Gwen in what is assumed to be the first wave of figures. Assuming because the artwork that Venom fansite was sent of the Venomized heroes was actually toy packaging.

Quote Originally Posted by Pattern_Maker View Post
    Into the Spider-Verse is kind of to blame for that one.

Funny thing is that after the movie premiered a lot of advertisements for the show only focused on Peter, Miles, and Gwen and ignore Anya. The DVD and Blu-Ray for Spider-Man: Far From Home has a commercial for Spider-Man's animated projects from Marvel Animation and they excluded Anya from any clips of Marvel's Spider-Man and Marvel Super Hero Adventures (clips of Gwen as Ghost-Spider were from Marvel Rising because the rest of season 2 didn't air yet). Even Maximum Venom's toyline pushed Anya aside to include Venomized Captain America, Iron Man, and Hulk alongside Peter, Miles, and Gwen in what is assumed to be the first wave of figures. Assuming because the artwork that Venom fansite was sent of the Venomized heroes was actually toy packaging.
    Not to mention Anya got left out of Marvel Action Spider-Man...