Page 159 of 184 FirstFirst ... 59109149155156157158159160161162163169 ... LastLast
Results 2,371 to 2,385 of 2750
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think it's more because of the Dan Slott elements still ingrained into the show's DNA.
    Trust me when I say, it didn’t start with Slott.

I try to like this show but it just doesn't do it for me. I think at least the writing is a little better than Ultimate but it doesn't mean much when the bar was so low. I don't like how the last cartoon put so much emphasis on the superheroics to the point where he dropped out of Midtown to go to SHIELD Academy and got out of touch with his regular non-powered supporting cast characters, Harry and MJ only ever re-enter the picture if they're able to power up and join in on the superheroics. I get the desire to make fun boys cartoon for kids to sell toys but it compromises the very things that were central to the character's enduring popularity. Then again, the show did well with its target demo so I guess all anybody wants is fun Spider-Man team-up time 24/7. I guess I can see why people like it but it kinda makes me sad that people don't want more out of their entertainment. The Spider-Verse, Contest of Champions, and 4th season is the best the show got. It's just too bad it took so long to find its footing and find more balance with the gamut of story-stopping cutaway gags and breaking the fourth wall that dominated the first two seasons.

This show was an improvement in the regard that it at least tried to be more in the Spidey-centric stratosphere with being the first show to actually start from the origin, having a supporting cast of normal people again, having mostly Spidey villains instead of mostly wider-Marvel universe villains like in Ultimate (not until the 2nd season did they start introducing more than 5 Spidey villains). It's just a shame that almost immediately again there was a caveat where the Midtown supporting cast is eschewed for Horizon High and Peter is thrust into a gifted school where everybody he knows is now a genius talking like mini Tony Stark's and often an all-encompassing source of villains/conflicts. I can't stand a lot of the character interactions with the wider Spider-team in this show, Miles and Peter work fine together in the show but Anya and Gwen off doing their own thing most of the time is just a weird choice. The whole thing feels like them wanting to have cake and eat it because they wanted to make a more classic Spider-Man show, yet also incorporate the big current branding things like Spider-Gwen and pull from lots of more recent stories.

The show's art direction does not help it, I think a reason Ultimate worked with people was the high-gloss production values. It was probably the best looking Marvel show of the 2012-onward slate. This show tries to have a more minimalist approach which could have worked, I've seen some of the designs as done by people who work on storyboarding the show and it has a lot more personality there than it does in the show itself. The thing is it's like a weird middle-ground where it's more minimalistic yet there's still a lot of weird angular shapes that go against the flow of the designs (like Venom having random spikes on parts of him that just unnecessarily ruins the flow) and the CGI backgrounds don't have much life or detail to them at all to the point where things barely look lived in. I probably could tolerate the show more if it looked easier on the eyes, but then again I have a hard time tolerating the earlier episodes of Ultimate Spider-Man and that isn't a bad looking show. I don't really care for Robbie Daymond's Spidey, he's fine sometimes but then other times gets way too high pitched and goofy. The worst thing was when they used his voice in that newest Marvel vs Capcom game and you had that voice coming out of the ripped MvC model haha.

This show's Superior arc in the 2nd season was its strongest moment, and allowing Doc Ock to get that good arc and not have to reset like the comics do was a thing they can only really do in a cartoon like this and I commend em for doing it well.

I don't know, I wish Marvel would do better with their animation. It's like they don't put the most care into these projects because they're doing just fine being with Disney and having the movies endless success money.

I think they're better when they're barely having anything to do with the stuff. I wanna see what the Spidey TV projects Sony has been developing are with Lord/Miller! Remember, Sony can still make Spidey animated TV projects if the episodes are 44 minutes and above. Probably needs approval of Marvel like how they approved/advertised the Legion show and Gifted for Fox a few years back.

I hope the next serious attempt at a Spidey cartoon is more memorable and more widely accessible than the last two have been (not counting the upcoming Spidey & His Amazing Friends, I'm sure it'll be great for the target demo but otherwise just seems like more of the same directions). Hoping the Sony shows come around when that show does to offer something else for other audiences.

Personally I think it would be cool to see a Spidey show that has a status quo similar to what's in the comics currently with Peter and Miles in the same universe. Just do a college aged Peter and a high school Miles and everybody gets the best of both worlds- you get the cake and eat it. Some episodes could be more Miles centric, some could be more Peter centric, some they could team up more. Just let the characters do their own things with their own casts and stop trying to force weird team angles when that shouldn't be the norm for Spidey. It'd be better than what this current show did where Peter gets his powers and within a few months Miles also gets his powers and becomes another Spider-Man yet looks up to Peter like some great figure even though Peter is almost as inexperienced as he is.
    Last edited by Spidey_62; 08-04-2020 at 05:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post
    I try to like this show but it just doesn't do it for me. I think at least the writing is a little better than Ultimate but it doesn't mean much when the bar was so low. I don't like how the last cartoon put so much emphasis on the superheroics to the point where he dropped out of Midtown to go to SHIELD Academy and got out of touch with his regular non-powered supporting cast characters, Harry and MJ only ever re-enter the picture if they're able to power up and join in on the superheroics. I get the desire to make fun boys cartoon for kids to sell toys but it compromises the very things that were central to the character's enduring popularity. Then again, the show did well with its target demo so I guess all anybody wants is fun Spider-Man team-up time 24/7. I guess I can see why people like it but it kinda makes me sad that people don't want more out of their entertainment. The Spider-Verse, Contest of Champions, and 4th season is the best the show got. It's just too bad it took so long to find its footing and find more balance with the gamut of story-stopping cutaway gags and breaking the fourth wall that dominated the first two seasons.

This show was an improvement in the regard that it at least tried to be more in the Spidey-centric stratosphere with being the first show to actually start from the origin, having a supporting cast of normal people again, having mostly Spidey villains instead of mostly wider-Marvel universe villains like in Ultimate (not until the 2nd season did they start introducing more than 5 Spidey villains). It's just a shame that almost immediately again there was a caveat where the Midtown supporting cast is eschewed for Horizon High and Peter is thrust into a gifted school where everybody he knows is now a genius talking like mini Tony Stark's and often an all-encompassing source of villains/conflicts. I can't stand a lot of the character interactions with the wider Spider-team in this show, Miles and Peter work fine together in the show but Anya and Gwen off doing their own thing most of the time is just a weird choice. The whole thing feels like them wanting to have cake and eat it because they wanted to make a more classic Spider-Man show, yet also incorporate the big current branding things like Spider-Gwen and pull from lots of more recent stories.
    I don't think show quite knew what to do with it's supporting cast or the Peter Parker side of things either, since the supporting cast is all heavily involved in Peter's Spider-Man life and end up getting put into costumes, and that's basically it for them from a character perspective, and while we see Peter out-of-costume more than we did in USM he really doesn't do much outside of being Spider-Man. They gave him the Bugle job but that didn't last (and now Jonah has joined the numerous characters who the show has apparently forgotten about). They even pointed out that Peter has more Superhero friends than normal friends.

Tellingly when Mary Jane finally makes an appearance she's only on-screen for five minutes before Peter suits up and team-up with Ironheart for two episodes.

My problem with Miles on the show is how it feels like he's even more relegated into being Peter's sidekick than he was in USM. And I don't feel like has a very clearly defined character aside from being Peter's excitable and goofy Superhero buddy.
    The show's art direction does not help it, I think a reason Ultimate worked with people was the high-gloss production values. It was probably the best looking Marvel show of the 2012-onward slate. This show tries to have a more minimalist approach which could have worked, I've seen some of the designs as done by people who work on storyboarding the show and it has a lot more personality there than it does in the show itself. The thing is it's like a weird middle-ground where it's more minimalistic yet there's still a lot of weird angular shapes that go against the flow of the designs (like Venom having random spikes on parts of him that just unnecessarily ruins the flow) and the CGI backgrounds don't have much life or detail to them at all to the point where things barely look lived in. I probably could tolerate the show more if it looked easier on the eyes, but then again I have a hard time tolerating the earlier episodes of Ultimate Spider-Man and that isn't a bad looking show. I don't really care for Robbie Daymond's Spidey, he's fine sometimes but then other times gets way too high pitched and goofy. The worst thing was when they used his voice in that newest Marvel vs Capcom game and you had that voice coming out of the ripped MvC model haha.
    I think some of the more "out there" redesigns might've looked better had the quality of the animation been improved, although I think there were bits about a lot of the redesigns that just looked off or weird.

I really feel like the show squandered Robbie Daymond as Peter. He's a really talented VA but they didn't often give him material that let him show off his full range. He was arguably more memorable as SpOck than he was actually playing Peter, which I think is a shame. I think he had the potential to be on par with Keaton or Yuri if they had handled him well. But I think a lot of VA's on this show didn't get utilized to their fullest, and I think that's been a common problem with Marvel cartoons as of late.
    This show's Superior arc in the 2nd season was its strongest moment, and allowing Doc Ock to get that good arc and not have to reset like the comics do was a thing they can only really do in a cartoon like this and I commend em for doing it well.
    A lot of Doc Ock as a villain was rushed or badly-paced but the show will probably stand out for accurately adapting Superior and letting Ock's hero turn stick. I really didn't like the Spider's Nest as a concept though.

I wish some of the other villains got the kind of focus and attention they gave Otto (but given the run they were influenced by, that's not too surprising).
    I don't know, I wish Marvel would do better with their animation. It's like they don't put the most care into these projects because they're doing just fine being with Disney and having the movies endless success money.

I think they're better when they're barely having anything to do with the stuff. I wanna see what the Spidey TV projects Sony has been developing are with Lord/Miller! Remember, Sony can still make Spidey animated TV projects if the episodes are 44 minutes and above. Probably needs approval of Marvel like how they approved/advertised the Legion show and Gifted for Fox a few years back.
    I will be surprised if we see anything come out Sony for Spider-Man animated-wise other than the Spider-Verse movies.
    Personally I think it would be cool to see a Spidey show that has a status quo similar to what's in the comics currently with Peter and Miles in the same universe. Just do a college aged Peter and a high school Miles and everybody gets the best of both worlds- you get the cake and eat it. Some episodes could be more Miles centric, some could be more Peter centric, some they could team up more. Just let the characters do their own things with their own casts and stop trying to force weird team angles when that shouldn't be the norm for Spidey. It'd be better than what this current show did where Peter gets his powers and within a few months Miles also gets his powers and becomes another Spider-Man yet looks up to Peter like some great figure even though Peter is almost as inexperienced as he is.
    Can we just get an actual solo Spider-Man show? I mean, maybe the other Spider-Heroes can be guest heroes or something but it doesn't seem like trying to make them part of Spider-Man's supporting cast ends up working out well in the long run.

I don't think show quite knew what to do with it's supporting cast or the Peter Parker side of things either, since the supporting cast is all heavily involved in Peter's Spider-Man life and end up getting put into costumes, and that's basically it for them from a character perspective, and while we see Peter out-of-costume more than we did in USM he really doesn't do much outside of being Spider-Man. They gave him the Bugle job but that didn't last (and now Jonah has joined the numerous characters who the show has apparently forgotten about). They even pointed out that Peter has more Superhero friends than normal friends.

Tellingly when Mary Jane finally makes an appearance she's only on-screen for five minutes before Peter suits up and team-up with Ironheart for two episodes.

My problem with Miles on the show is how it feels like he's even more relegated into being Peter's sidekick than he was in USM. And I don't feel like has a very clearly defined character aside from being Peter's excitable and goofy Superhero buddy.

I think some of the more "out there" redesigns might've looked better had the quality of the animation been improved, although I think there were bits about a lot of the redesigns that just looked off or weird.
    Yeah, it's unfortunate because these things are part of what makes Spider-Man be what it is. I don't wanna see stories about a bunch of superpowered teens training to be cooler superpowered teens, or a ton of smart teens who work together and have the same powers if I'm watching Spider-Man. The big teamups shouldn't be the norm, events like Spider-Verse are events. These characters shouldn't be hanging out 24/7 because otherwise it misses the point of it and is just doing it because more Spider-Man= cool. The 90s show did the concept of multiple Spider people from different dimensions pretty well because it was the big event they built to and it was all just further to delve into the nuts and bolts of what makes Peter tick in a smart thematic way. I kinda hope that since we've seen these things done the last 2 shows (soon to be 3) they'll get it out of their system and stop trying to have Peter, Miles, and Gwen teaming up constantly. You don't see Peter and Miles constantly in each others lives in the comics because they each have their own lives! It's cool they tried to make them all know each other here, but it doesn't really work for me at all. I much prefer how they did it in the PS4 game, and even there they're letting Miles have his own time to shine instead of teaming them up right out of the gate.

I really feel like the show squandered Robbie Daymond as Peter. He's a really talented VA but they didn't often give him material that let him show off his full range. He was arguably more memorable as SpOck than he was actually playing Peter, which I think is a shame. I think he had the potential to be on par with Keaton or Yuri if they had handled him well. But I think a lot of VA's on this show didn't get utilized to their fullest, and I think that's been a common problem with Marvel cartoons as of late.
    I think Drake Bell got better with the role as he went on, by the 4th season of Ultimate he was pretty rounded in the portrayal by not going way too overboard like he did in the first season with the high-pitched squeals. I don't like Spidey being so squeaky! A lot of the vocal performances in this show are way too... preachy? I dunno, everybody sort of has the same confident smart tone and delivers all the dialogue very loud in that same matter-of-fact kind of way.

A lot of Doc Ock as a villain was rushed or badly-paced but the show will probably stand out for accurately adapting Superior and letting Ock's hero turn stick. I really didn't like the Spider's Nest as a concept though.

I wish some of the other villains got the kind of focus and attention they gave Otto (but given the run they were influenced by, that's not too surprising).
    It's all been pretty weak in the villain origins and motivations department. A lot of em just sort of show up and that's the whole thing. Again, it feels more like a thing you'd see in comics where Spidey's been around for years and has ran into a lot of these villains before, but that's not the case here. Like the whole Bring on The Bad Guys arc bringing out dozens of villains just to wail on Spidey, or Scorpion just being a goon with no interesting origin. Another thing that's sort of incongruous with the show's approach. Ock and Spidey act like they're arch enemies when they've only known each other for a few months and then Ock becomes bad and they fight twice before the Superior Spider-Man setup begins. Thinking about it more, it just frustrates me because they get bogged down by the classic Spidey status quo of being a teenager when it's clear they wanted to do other stuff instead.

I will be surprised if we see anything come out Sony for Spider-Man animated-wise other than the Spider-Verse movies.
    Yeah, the whole thing was announced a while ago and the longer it goes on the less hope I have for any news on that front but I wish it would pan out because it would guaranteed be more interesting than this current show whatever it would be.

Can we just get an actual solo Spider-Man show? I mean, maybe the other Spider-Heroes can be guest heroes or something but it doesn't seem like trying to make them part of Spider-Man's supporting cast ends up working out well in the long run.
    That's what I wish for too, believe me! I just can't see it right now after the soon to be 3 shows that prioritize team-ups and teamwork with non-teams, unfortunately. He's either on a team training to be an Avenger/fawning over one Avenger or another because they're the hot property, or he's on his own but works so much with others they may as well be a team. Miles and Gwen are pretty much a requirement at this point for marketing it seems like, but even then I think it has to do with what the people making the shows want to do. There's that story about the 90s Spidey cartoon how the first episode was originally going to be Venom with the original producer right out of the gate, cause the character was super popular and they wanted to get right to it. When he left Semper came on and decided to build up to it and even at Venom's wild 90s popularity only used the character in 3 episodes. As long as characters like Miles or Gwen show up I think is the important thing from the marketing perspective, much like the current Maximum Venom where most of it really hasn't been about Venom or Venomized heroes at all lol. They showed up for 5 minutes so far and that was it. Success- the toys are made!

The current show when it was first announced was first billed to us as going back to the basics and I don't really get that at all from the show. I mean on a base level you have some of the classic elements of Spidey starting out but then it's also trying to do a lot of modern concepts that don't really work well together with that. The last time we've gotten a solo Spidey show was 2008 and that's just weird.

Another show I wish we'd see would be an oldschool flavored Marvel Team-Up show (Spider-Man Team-Up?) like Batman: The Brave and The Bold, except Marvel Animations aesthetics are so far removed from resembling the classic comics and seem to mostly just want to emulate the movies so both of those things are pipe dreams unless the new Marvel animation regime has some decidedly different approaches. If they wanna make team up shows all the time now why not just go for the goods and straight up do a bronze age tinged MTU?
    Last edited by Spidey_62; 08-05-2020 at 12:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pattern_Maker View Post
    You're asking a question that will probably be answered in Spider-Man Unmasked...
    I did say that part, and that I have no confidence in how it will be resolved.

Contest of Champions, the arc that has Iron Man flying with his jets and doesn't use his helmet bio-scan to see Molten Man hiding behind a wall after a long distance of chasing running Kraven the Hunter. Glorious writing there, and the writers forgot that Iron Man has foes that melt metal so he prepared his armor to resist a lot of heat. One of Iron Man's enemies is literally called THE MELTER, and he wasn't prepared for Molten Man.

How do they think it's good to write stories that have Spider-Man stand against the Masters of Evil and Hulk and a team-up of Thor and Hulk power leveled villains on his own when the rest of the Avengers fail?
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post
    I did say that part, and that I have no confidence in how it will be resolved.

Contest of Champions, the arc that has Iron Man flying with his jets and doesn't use his helmet bio-scan to see Molten Man hiding behind a wall after a long distance of chasing running Kraven the Hunter. Glorious writing there, and the writers forgot that Iron Man has foes that melt metal so he prepared his armor to resist a lot of heat. One of Iron Man's enemies is literally called THE MELTER, and he wasn't prepared for Molten Man.

How do they think it's good to write stories that have Spider-Man stand against the Masters of Evil and Hulk and a team-up of Thor and Hulk power leveled villains on his own when the rest of the Avengers fail?
    Haha, see maybe I'm even giving those episodes too much credit! These shows are filled with sloppiness like that. At the very least it was the first time (and only at this point, I think) in animation where Aunt May learned Peter is Spidey and they actually did more with it in a few minutes than they did in the MCU. One of the few genuine moments with just a couple people talking in that show that felt like something Spidey up to that point.
    Last edited by Spidey_62; 08-05-2020 at 02:05 AM.

Haha, see maybe I'm even giving those episodes too much credit! These shows are filled with sloppiness like that. At the very least it was the first time (and only at this point, I think) in animation where Aunt May learned Peter is Spidey and they actually did more with it in a few minutes than they did in the MCU. One of the few genuine moments with just a couple people talking in that show that felt like something Spidey up to that point.
    First for sure, and she had plenty talking to Peter B. Parker in the world of fair haired Peter. You can count the final cutscene PS4 game as animation, unless you don't want to go that technical about it.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Miles' presence kinda got sickening for me. For most of the important stories to work he gets side-lined or nerfed.

He was there for when Spider-Gwen first shows up but then he doesn't show up until Peter and the writers remember he exists and they reveal he got kidnapped by Jackal.

He's absent for ALL of Bring on the Bad Guys, even when Electro attacked the campus. At least he helps a little in the Superior arc to keep Peter's brain data online. I still have to finish Goblin Nation but part one was bad and they brought back Harry/Peter relationship drama for no reason in part 2.
    "Cable was right!"

Yeah, it's unfortunate because these things are part of what makes Spider-Man be what it is. I don't wanna see stories about a bunch of superpowered teens training to be cooler superpowered teens, or a ton of smart teens who work together and have the same powers if I'm watching Spider-Man. The big teamups shouldn't be the norm, events like Spider-Verse are events. These characters shouldn't be hanging out 24/7 because otherwise it misses the point of it and is just doing it because more Spider-Man= cool. The 90s show did the concept of multiple Spider people from different dimensions pretty well because it was the big event they built to and it was all just further to delve into the nuts and bolts of what makes Peter tick in a smart thematic way. I kinda hope that since we've seen these things done the last 2 shows (soon to be 3) they'll get it out of their system and stop trying to have Peter, Miles, and Gwen teaming up constantly. You don't see Peter and Miles constantly in each others lives in the comics because they each have their own lives! It's cool they tried to make them all know each other here, but it doesn't really work for me at all. I much prefer how they did it in the PS4 game, and even there they're letting Miles have his own time to shine instead of teaming them up right out of the gate.
    It definitely feels like marketing kind of forced the writers to include the other Spider-Heroes since so often it doesn't seem like the writers know what to do with them, which is why they so often fade in and out of the plot.
    I think Drake Bell got better with the role as he went on, by the 4th season of Ultimate he was pretty rounded in the portrayal by not going way too overboard like he did in the first season with the high-pitched squeals. I don't like Spidey being so squeaky! A lot of the vocal performances in this show are way too... preachy? I dunno, everybody sort of has the same confident smart tone and delivers all the dialogue very loud in that same matter-of-fact kind of way.
    Honestly I think Bell had the same problem of not having the best material to work with. Stuff like when they used him in EMH and even some of the later USM stuff showed he could deliver a solid performance when they actually used him well instead of for out-of-place fourth wall gags or unfunny jokes.
    It's all been pretty weak in the villain origins and motivations department. A lot of em just sort of show up and that's the whole thing. Again, it feels more like a thing you'd see in comics where Spidey's been around for years and has ran into a lot of these villains before, but that's not the case here. Like the whole Bring on The Bad Guys arc bringing out dozens of villains just to wail on Spidey, or Scorpion just being a goon with no interesting origin. Another thing that's sort of incongruous with the show's approach. Ock and Spidey act like they're arch enemies when they've only known each other for a few months and then Ock becomes bad and they fight twice before the Superior Spider-Man setup begins. Thinking about it more, it just frustrates me because they get bogged down by the classic Spidey status quo of being a teenager when it's clear they wanted to do other stuff instead.
    Yeah, the show doesn't do the best job pacing things out. I liked Bring on the Bad Guys but it felt like they were just throwing in as many villains as they could like they had a checklist or something instead of developing them or making them more significant. I sometimes forget Mysterio appeared on this show because they only used him for one short segment in a gauntlet of other villains.

It's just weird that they went for all these 15-minute stories in what is supposed to be a 22-minute show.

And don't get me started on their take on the Goblins...
    Yeah, the whole thing was announced a while ago and the longer it goes on the less hope I have for any news on that front but I wish it would pan out because it would guaranteed be more interesting than this current show whatever it would be.
    Yeah, I can't really disagree.
    That's what I wish for too, believe me! I just can't see it right now after the soon to be 3 shows that prioritize team-ups and teamwork with non-teams, unfortunately. He's either on a team training to be an Avenger/fawning over one Avenger or another because they're the hot property, or he's on his own but works so much with others they may as well be a team. Miles and Gwen are pretty much a requirement at this point for marketing it seems like, but even then I think it has to do with what the people making the shows want to do. There's that story about the 90s Spidey cartoon how the first episode was originally going to be Venom with the original producer right out of the gate, cause the character was super popular and they wanted to get right to it. When he left Semper came on and decided to build up to it and even at Venom's wild 90s popularity only used the character in 3 episodes. As long as characters like Miles or Gwen show up I think is the important thing from the marketing perspective, much like the current Maximum Venom where most of it really hasn't been about Venom or Venomized heroes at all lol. They showed up for 5 minutes so far and that was it. Success- the toys are made!
    It's so weird that they've marketed Venom and the Venomized heroes so hard this season given how small their actual roles ended up being.

Like, a season that's named after Venom supposedly kills him off in practically the first episode. "Maximum Venom" is more like "Minimum Venom."
    Another show I wish we'd see would be an oldschool flavored Marvel Team-Up show (Spider-Man Team-Up?) like Batman: The Brave and The Bold, except Marvel Animations aesthetics are so far removed from resembling the classic comics and seem to mostly just want to emulate the movies so both of those things are pipe dreams unless the new Marvel animation regime has some decidedly different approaches. If they wanna make team up shows all the time now why not just go for the goods and straight up do a bronze age tinged MTU?
    I think USM wanted to be Marvel Team-Up or Marvel's Brave and the Bold...the execution just wasn't there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Miles' presence kinda got sickening for me. For most of the important stories to work he gets side-lined or nerfed.

He was there for when Spider-Gwen first shows up but then he doesn't show up until Peter and the writers remember he exists and they reveal he got kidnapped by Jackal.

He's absent for ALL of Bring on the Bad Guys, even when Electro attacked the campus. At least he helps a little in the Superior arc to keep Peter's brain data online. I still have to finish Goblin Nation but part one was bad and they brought back Harry/Peter relationship drama for no reason in part 2.
    He even calls Peter to tell him about Chameleon framing Peter at the end of Bring on the Bad Guys but then does nothing at all to help Peter stop Chameleon.

And let's not forget how he never told Peter Otto got him expelled from Horizon and that everyone was mad at him so Peter just walked to school like nothing happened and looked like an idiot.

And let's not forget how he never told Peter Otto got him expelled from Horizon and that everyone was mad at him so Peter just walked to school like nothing happened and looked like an idiot.
    To quote the show's Tv Tropes page, "a lot of problems in the show could have been resolved if everyone would just talk to each other."

That scene really irked me the first time I watched Brand New Day, especially with how Miles looked just as annoyed as Gwen and Anya when he saw Peter.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I had some problems with Gwen and Anya in S2.

- Anya saying that she rather focus on being a scientist than a superhero shows that that whoever wrote that never read a Spider-Family book.
    - Gwen being portrayed as an action junkie in her Ghost-Spider episode
    - Both of them throwing Peter under the bus especially when they were there when Peter helped mutated Gwen.
    "Cable was right!"

- Anya saying that she rather focus on being a scientist than a superhero shows that that whoever wrote that never read a Spider-Family book.
    - Both of them throwing Peter under the bus especially when they were there when Peter helped mutated Gwen.
    A lot of the Ghost Spider stuff just didn't make sense to me.

Like, does nobody recognize Spider-Gwen under that mask? Or does Gwen have a public identity and just nobody bring attention to it? Why is she even wearing a mask? She acted like she loved the attention.

A lot of the Ghost Spider stuff just didn't make sense to me.

Like, does nobody recognize Spider-Gwen under that mask? Or does Gwen have a public identity and just nobody bring attention to it? Why is she even wearing a mask? She acted like she loved the attention.
    I assumed she wore a mask as Ghost-Spider because of Miles' training or because she kept mentioning how she felt left out with how Anya and Miles had powers and were gone more frequently.

As for no one recognizing Gwen, I believe that's just Marvel New York (not a good excuse I know). Or like how Spider-Island showed if they don't have a face to identify they just don't care enough about the hero like that.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pattern_Maker View Post
    I assumed she wore a mask as Ghost-Spider because of Miles' training or because she kept mentioning how she felt left out with how Anya and Miles had powers and were gone more frequently.

As for no one recognizing Gwen, I believe that's just Marvel New York (not a good excuse I know). Or like how Spider-Island showed if they don't have a face to identify they just don't care enough about the hero like that.
    Marvel New York (at least in the show) is that dumb, considering how easily Jameson was able to turn people against Spider-Man in the second season.

If it was the first season or they used Spider Island as an excuse, it might've actually been tolerable.

Anya just generally isn't like her comic book counterpart, period.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman