Page 16 of 184 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666116 ... LastLast

And when I was a kid, my first introduction to Peter was through the 90's show where he was in college. Totally worked.
    I thought that was great. He was on his own and had to be an adult, but he was still in school and learning. Best of both worlds.

They went a bit heavy on Kingpin and "Neogenics" and there were some character decisions that didn't work for me, but overall it was great. We even got a really nice adaption of Secret War out of it and what was basically the prototype for Spiderverse.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LOSTie-chan View Post
    I noticed in the clip that Peter was wearing his MCU prototype outfit. So does this show take place in the MCU or is it just heavily inspired by it?
    Just a little bit of synergy I imagine. The show is supposed to be influenced more by Slott's era, which is another reason I'm avoiding it

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    I thought that was great. He was on his own and had to be an adult, but he was still in school and learning. Best of both worlds.

They went a bit heavy on Kingpin and "Neogenics" and there were some character decisions that didn't work for me, but overall it was great. We even got a really nice adaption of Secret War out of it and what was basically the prototype for Spiderverse.
    It's a shame they never released season sets of the '90s show (if they did, I haven't noticed) as it really deserved it.

I was just watching my VHS tape of the Secret War saga this morning. Definitely a precursor to Spider-Verse.

Astonishing Member

The art style is good, but the animation is the worst I've seen for a superhero cartoon in decades.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    It's a shame they never released season sets of the '90s show (if they did, I haven't noticed) as it really deserved it.
    The entirety of the Nineties cartoon was released in Region Two. Initially in season sets, then in a complete box set. I picked the latter up as a Christmas present a few years ago.

All of the animated Spider-Man cartoons have been released over here.

What I'm really interested to find out is, unless this is a flashback, if the show is going to be another origin story, I wonder how they are going to work in all the other Spider-characters so early? They could do the Spider-Verse multiverse again, or I've heard some people theorize it'll be related to a Spider-Island type situation. Either way, I'm intrigued.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    The entirety of the Nineties cartoon was released in Region Two. Initially in season sets, then in a complete box set. I picked the latter up as a Christmas present a few years ago.

All of the animated Spider-Man cartoons have been released over here.
    That's cool but until I get an all-region player, that leaves me out. Thanks for the info, though.

BANNED

That's cool but until I get an all-region player, that leaves me out. Thanks for the info, though.
    You're welcome bro

Here's what the cover art looks like for the complete series set

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Just a little bit of synergy I imagine. The show is supposed to be influenced more by Slott's era, which is another reason I'm avoiding it
    For a sec I thought the show was going to be canon to the MCU and explain what Peter was doing before Civil War. Which would've been interesting.
    But it sounds like it's just gonna be MCU inspired so it's a hard pass for me.

Also I dunno how they're gonna do Slott Spider-Man stuff with a teenage Peter. They def can't do CEO Spider-Man... unless they want the show to be a superhero Richie Rich. XD
    . My Little Pony . ASM: Renew your Vows . Ms Marvel . Generation X . Doom Patrol . Super Man . The Flash . Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps . Trinity . Teen Titans . Super Sons . Mister Miracle . Saga . Paper Girls .

BANNED

I'm ok with it, I sat through the MTV show I can probably sit through this

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LOSTie-chan View Post
    They def can't do CEO Spider-Man... unless they want the show to be a superhero Richie Rich. XD
    Well it's been said they want to adapt some of the stories like Spider-Island and Superior, which is certainly doable, and may come out as better stories in the context of the characters being younger and thus a lot less wise to things.

Since Miguel is in this series, we may get some kind of reference to Parker Industries and it's influence on the future, and maybe they meet richie rich Peter when trying to return Miguel to his own timeline or something.

Point being it was your introduction. This show will be someone else's.

Criticizing this because you've already watched a number of other animated incarnations and movies and so on ignores the fact that you're not the target audience. It's not tailored for the veteran Spidey fanatic but for young viewers who are fresh to the character.
    Well, I don't think there's anything wrong with it catering to to both if possible, and I think that should be the ideal of any Superhero cartoon or adaption.

I also am aware that I'm not the target audience for this, or for any of the current Marvel cartoons, but I think it's fair to bring in my experience with past adaptions and they're handling of the material in viewing this and seeing how they compare.

Quote Originally Posted by Ceebiro View Post
    The art style is good, but the animation is the worst I've seen for a superhero cartoon in decades.
    The animation actually makes the art style look pretty unappealing, if I'm honest.

I've seen better animated Scooby-Doo cartoons.

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    What I'm really interested to find out is, unless this is a flashback, if the show is going to be another origin story, I wonder how they are going to work in all the other Spider-characters so early? They could do the Spider-Verse multiverse again, or I've heard some people theorize it'll be related to a Spider-Island type situation. Either way, I'm intrigued.
    It still feels weird throwing all those elements into a year one Spider-Man story, especially if it's all in the first season.

At least in USM Peter had a bit more experience by the time they were throwing him into leading a group of teenagers on a SHIELD super-team.

Quote Originally Posted by Smoov-E View Post
    This does look like it was animated in 2003 (although there were some really good looking cartoons out in 2003) .

Quote Originally Posted by Smoov-E View Post
    You actually watched that? You poor soul.

i thought it was a fun clip.

I've seen some suggestions that Spidey might be Robbie Daymond. He voiced Spidey in the - never released in the US - English Dub of Marvel Disk Wars: