Page 161 of 184 FirstFirst ... 61111151157158159160161162163164165171 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,415 of 2750
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    Well, few works actually adapt it outright, so you could honestly say that it's superfluous.
    I don't exactly see your point. I merely say that Gwen Stacy's death in the comics, as I see it in perspective, was unnecessary. I mean, Peter had enough with Uncle Ben; and to justify his relationship with MJ, they could have found another way. (Just look how different the story was in "Spider-Man: A whole life").

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post
    It's all a good point, I know I'm not in the target demographic for these shows and it's not specifically aimed at trying to impress me and it's all totally fine. I honestly feel like I was spoiled by the high standards of Spectacular's airtight approach to juggling a million plot threads with precision it'd be inevitable none of the other stuff that follows measures up. I accepted Ultimate and the 2017 show just aren't at that level so I've been able to enjoy some of both. I think the last season of Ultimate is actually pretty fun... kinda like GI-Joe vs. Cobra but Spider-Team vs. Doc Ock/Hydra for 26 episodes, and there's some good character bits in there with some drama so at least it was something. The 2017 show it feels like it could be great and I wanna like it but so many things just bring it down for me, the Superior arc was the best stuff (maybe cause Peter was mostly absent haha).

There were the comments Loeb made about Marvel animation's goals 2012 onward where he made it clear they didn't want serialized stories because he said kids didn't want to/or couldn't follow stories that extend past an episode. That to me is dumbing it down, because kids don't have to be treated like that. Goes to show how silly that line of thinking is that they pretty quickly started to shift from it as soon as Wacker stepped in. Batman TAS was mostly contained single episode stories but Batman TAS Ultimate ain't, even with Paul Dini!
    Lately I have been writing modern superhero cartoons off in that I'm not in the age demographic so I guess the show is not for me. But the problem is...I still wasn't in the age demographic when Spectacular Spider-Man was on the air (and by extension Wolverine and the X-Men and Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes as well) as I was in college when it was airing and it still manged to catch me in where I was looking forward to the next episode of a children's cartoon (and it got desperate in those days as people [myself included] were trying to catch torrents and stuff while the show was airing overseas before Disney XD got around to airing the show). Lately it has been, I'll catch it if there is absolutely nothing else on and have to check boards like this one to see if any plot points have been resolved.

Heck even when I was in the proper demographic when BTAS was on the air, networks figured it was more adult oriented and tried to put it in a later time slot (I don't think that worked back in the day, but the fact that the show still holds up today while I'm well into adulthood and not just looking back at it through the lens of nostalgia is a testament to the quality.) Maybe mindsets have changed...in where action cartoons first were primarily to sell toys (before I was born), but still kind of took themselves seriously...perhaps too seriously? I've noticed most action based cartoons on the air have to have more comedy elements with adult themes sprinkled in here and there...

For myself, this Futurama parody of a Twilight Zone episode is pretty much what happened to Marvel Animation after Disney bought Marvel. Spectacular = glasses, Wolverine and the X-Men= eyes, and EMH = hands...and it just kind of fell apart from there for me...however that's just my specific tastes haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post
    I think the best example of a Spidey show being able to be for kids and still appeal to older viewers (fans like me) is Spectacular because there's a lot of meat and potatoes to it beyond just seeing our favorite characters doing cool stuff and throwing a growth lesson in at the end. I'm not as big of a Batman fan so I'm less critical on media interpretations of him, I've pretty much enjoyed every animated incarnation there's been of him on TV. I remember getting pretty annoyed with Peter's characterization in early Ultimate episodes as he seemed to act pretty irresponsible and dumb to get moral lessons in there but also he's his usual smart self so it just doesn't gel when that one side was given the emphasis a lot of the time. He got better as the show went on but that always felt pretty at odds to me. It's like in Spectacular, he acts pretty dumb sometimes but it's out of hormones goofing up his judgement or his secret identity stuff goofing him up so it's easier for me to understand, rather than Peter unleashing the awesome android on a rampage or invading Latveria with a couple other kids.
    I can say I am in a similar boat with Batman; in that I was more critical of the Batman cartoons as I was more of a fan of that character. However I will say that I was more willing to sift through and try to find stuff I like about all adaptations. I was one of the teenagers who hated "The Batman" while it was on the air, but as time went on (and the show ended) I could find stuff I liked about the show (mainly in later seasons)... I'm even willing to admit when things are done better than the cream of the crop that is Batman the Animated Series. (Batman was a better fighter in "The Batman" than in BTAS, and he was a better detective in "Beware the Batman" than in BTAS) In contrast, I've heard that Ultimate Spider-Man had a similar increase in quality as time went on (later seasons) but I...I'm unwilling to put myself through watching it. So while I'm not as critical of Spider-Man as a lot of people are, I'm not as passionate either.

Mighty Member

Images for this Sunday's special, "Spider-Man Unmasked". Some spoilers in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    Spider-Gwen and Miles Morales should be in their own respective universe...
    Oh yes. I've always been interested in how different their own universes are in comparison to Peter's. I thought it was cool seeing Miles dealing with Peter's old foes, as well as new ones. Taking him to 616 just makes him an off-shoot or sidekick. Into the Spider-Verse was actually risky enough to kill off their Peter and have Miles in the actual leading role instead of just sharing space with Peeter.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by GamerSlyRatchet View Post
    Images for this Sunday's special, "Spider-Man Unmasked". Some spoilers in there.

Oh yes. I've always been interested in how different their own universes are in comparison to Peter's. I thought it was cool seeing Miles dealing with Peter's old foes, as well as new ones. Taking him to 616 just makes him an off-shoot or sidekick. [I]Into the Spider-Verse[/I] was actually risky enough to kill off their Peter and have Miles in the actual leading role instead of just sharing space with Peeter.
    Considering how "Peter" was still a major character in the movie, they didn't take that much of a risk.

Quote Originally Posted by GamerSlyRatchet View Post
    Oh hey, MJ is actually going to appear! Hopefully she's in it for more than five minutes .

"Kid-Arachnid?" That nonsense again? It's like they can't make up their minds what to call Miles on this show.

Swarm looks more tech-y than usual.

He should be called The Black Spider, at least that sounds a bit cool, thougth they might get in trouble with DC
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    He should be called The Black Spider, at least that sounds a bit cool, thougth they might get in trouble with DC
    That name probably wouldn't go too well with many people considering that Miles is now seen as the reason anyone can be Spider-Man. If the writers of the show, or the Marvel Comics, just up and give him that name there would be a storm on twitter from many people.

Maybe "Shadow Spider" could work...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    "Stealth Spider"?

Mighty Member

Types of Spiders like Orb Weaver, Huntsman, or mythical spiders like Anansi, or Iktomi are on the table...or just drop the Kid from Kid Arachnid.

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    "Stealth Spider"?
    Wasn't that Norman Osborn and then quietly be forgotten about ?

All-New Member

6E9B8915-3202-497E-B318-E1B597B674D4.jpg Miles was actually called Shadow Spider in Champions 25 in a medieval parallel reality.

All-New Member

6E9B8915-3202-497E-B318-E1B597B674D4.jpg
    Miles was actually called Shadow Spider in Champions 25 in a medieval parallel reality.

Astonishing Member

This actually happened in "Weirdworld", which is more likely a Realm similar to Vanaheim or Asgard.

Either way, yeah; Shadow Spider is a good name for Miles. Quite curious, however, he wears a teleporting cloak like... Well, like Cloak's. Thinking about Infinity Warps, I think Miles and Cloak merged would actually fit, then her match would be a fusion between Spider-Gwen and Dagger.

Not gonna lie. Shadow Spider Miles was the coolest version of the character. Dude literally looked straight out of Assassin's Creed. He only needed to say "Nothing is true, everything is permitted."

Nevertheless, I still think that if you are following a somewhat similar or more traditional take on Miles, he has to be called Spider-Man, because that's his whole schick. He is not Peter's plucky side-kick or just another Spider-dude in the long list of people that co-exist with Peter. He is as much Spider-Man as Peter himself. Trying to circumvent this only takes legitimacy away from him.