Page 173 of 184 FirstFirst ... 73123163169170171172173174175176177183 ... LastLast
Results 2,581 to 2,595 of 2750

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Wonder if there'll be any weird reinterpretation of Spidey, since Ultimate's was... That weird thing, and this one had characters being super geniuses, what's next? Wizard Spidey? I wish I could say this without fearing that it'd actually happen...
    Sometimes i wonder what is more weird, Ultimate or Spider-Man Unlimited lol. Maybe we'll get a Japanese Spider-Man cartoon soon lol.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    I fully accept the blame. Harry Potter er Peter Parker going to magic school would be so wizard, surely you agree?
    If someone has the audacity to greenlight this, sure, it'd be pretty wizard, even more so if it actually manages to be good somehow lol.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Man that just remind me to that Itsjustsomeramdomguy video, when he does a trailer for all Harry Potter movies, but with Marvel and DC heroes lol (Peter is Harry, Hulk is Hagrid)
    "- YER A SPIDER PUNY PARKER!

- I'm a what?!"

Sometimes i wonder what is more weird, Ultimate or Spider-Man Unlimited lol.
    That's a good question that I never wondered before lol.

I'd say maybe Ultimate is slightly worse, but only because Unlimited has a more fitting tone with Spidey, but its setting is still so bizarre with Spidey that Ultimate isn't that much worse.

Honestly, shouldn't Unlimited be a 2099 cartoon instead? I remember that city looked more futuristic, even if it had animal people around...

Maybe we'll get a Japanese Spider-Man cartoon soon lol.
    A part of me shuddered in terror at this suggestion, mostly Spidey being kept in high school, forever, and since high school animes like protagonists with 0 personality for the sake of that dumbass self insertion... Yeah, I seriously don't want anything like that for Spidey, Peter without personality sounds worse than Ultimate cartoon Peter.

Although it is possible we wouldn't get the horror show I suggested, since Japan has that giant robot tv show, and a manga that made that Spidey suffer so much he might as well be Daredevil, so yeah, maybe I'm too fearful of the generic anime **** being used in Spidey lol.

If someone has the audacity to greenlight this, sure, it'd be pretty wizard, even more so if it actually manages to be good somehow lol.

"- YER A SPIDER PUNY PARKER!

- I'm a what?!"

That's a good question that I never wondered before lol.

I'd say maybe Ultimate is slightly worse, but only because Unlimited has a more fitting tone with Spidey, but its setting is still so bizarre with Spidey that Ultimate isn't that much worse.

Honestly, shouldn't Unlimited be a 2099 cartoon instead? I remember that city looked more futuristic, even if it had animal people around...

A part of me shuddered in terror at this suggestion, mostly Spidey being kept in high school, forever, and since high school animes like protagonists with 0 personality for the sake of that dumbass self insertion... Yeah, I seriously don't want anything like that for Spidey, Peter without personality sounds worse than Ultimate cartoon Peter.

Although it is possible we wouldn't get the horror show I suggested, since Japan has that giant robot tv show, and a manga that made that Spidey suffer so much he might as well be Daredevil, so yeah, maybe I'm too fearful of the generic anime **** being used in Spidey lol.
    Hulk also had a beard

A lot of Unlimited feel very futuristic and Spidey's costume having a cape really evocates 2099 to me, so maybe it really should have been a Miguel cartoon.

My suggestion was more among the lines of the "Emissary From Hell" show . Speaking of manga, i read some of the Spider-Man one and man is really batshit insane lol.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post
    I think for now all we're gonna have is the preschool show (slated for 2021 which once again is about teamwork and friendship.
    Supposedly Marvel Animation is now a skeleton crew of itself that's just producing the preschool cartoon. I wouldn't expect any major Marvel Animation news any time soon, especially since it's not like they announced a new Avengers cartoon to replace Assemble when it ended even though most people would probably expect something.

The future of Marvel cartoons is probably in the hand of Feige right now.
    I think it was supposed to be in the second phase of it's development before they shifted to the Counter-Earth setting.

I think Spidey would be perfect for the anime treatment. He's popular in Japan, he's shown up in all the Avengers anime's, he's been voiced by anime VA's...I wouldn't really be all that worried about his personality because there are plenty of anime protagonists with personality and you can't really adapt the character without it.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Supposedly Marvel Animation is now a skeleton crew of itself that's just producing the preschool cartoon. I wouldn't expect any major Marvel Animation news any time soon, especially since it's not like they announced a new Avengers cartoon to replace Assemble when it ended even though most people would probably expect something.

I think it was supposed to be in the second phase of it's development before they shifted to the Counter-Earth setting.

I think Spidey would be perfect for the anime treatment. He's popular in Japan, he's shown up in all the Avengers anime's, he's been voiced by anime VA's...I wouldn't really be all that worried about his personality because there are plenty of anime protagonists with personality and you can't really adapt the character without it.
    I wacthed an scene from that Marvel anime (i assume that it is, haven't take the time to watch it) when Spider-Man talks about being a hero that i actually found very fitting with his characther...granted that VA could really use some work, but it felt very Spider-Man to me.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

My suggestion was more among the lines of the "Emissary From Hell" show . Speaking of manga, i read some of the Spider-Man one and man is really batshit insane lol.
    I hear that he had **** like a dream sequence where he imagined himself raping or killing a woman randomly, and even got rid of the costume, so yeah, that manga Spidey sounds clinically insane.

Hopefully they wait for a while before trying anything.

That's just a weird decision.

I guess, it's just that anime plays so fucking safe when it comes to what they produce mostly, not unlike Hollywood, that a completely bland adaptation that misses his point doesn't sound far fetched for me.

Reminds me, I watched some scenes from the Japanese dub of PS4 Spidey, and, man... I'm not sure if Sony really cared about selling the game in Japan, because the dub sounds like a generic anime, not much passion, specially from Otto's voice actor, instead of sounding like a broken, unhinged, desperate man who became evil, he just sounds like a generic everyday villain, which, could be more fitting for some interpretations of Otto, but definitely not this one:

Even if you didn't hear the english dub, something still looks off about Otto, he's screaming like an usual villain, but his facial expressions tell of how he's feeling there.

Now, I'm not saying this bad, it just doesn't stand out, it's just average, and that sucks, really hoped it'd be on the English dub's level.

Astonishing Member

Even generic anime sound like they have more emotion than English ones, so we’ll have to agree to disagree here.

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    Even generic anime sound like they have more emotion than English ones, so we’ll have to agree to disagree here.
    And? I'm specifically comparing it to the English dub of this game with the Japanese one, where it's the exact opposite.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Wonder if there'll be any weird reinterpretation of Spidey, since Ultimate's was... That weird thing, and this one had characters being super geniuses, what's next? Wizard Spidey? I wish I could say this without fearing that it'd actually happen...
    X-Gene Spidey or Eternal Spidey.
    "Cable was right!"

Astonishing Member

And? I'm specifically comparing it to the English dub of this game with the Japanese one, where it's the exact opposite.
    I’m saying that I disagree with you in this case.

Cool

They sure do. Anime is (typically) great for dynamic characterization and engaging world-building when compared with American Comic Books, IMO. Anime also covers a far wider range of topics, there is literally something for everyone.
    Last edited by Celgress; 10-20-2020 at 08:06 AM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    X-Gene Spidey or Eternal Spidey.
    Surprised they still haven't tried X-Gene Spidey to be fair, honestly sounds obvious to try that, maybe that's why they didn't lol.

I’m saying that I disagree with you in this case.
    Honestly don't see how the Japanese one is better in this case, when you take out any subtlety from the scene and just have characters screaming like a generic anime villains even when their facial expressions don't exactly show those are their emotions, yeah, that sounds like half assing at least.

Hopefully they wait for a while before trying anything.
    I'm sad at a lack of Marvel Animation but if it means they come back with actual quality productions, it would be worth it.
    That's just a weird decision.
    I think they didn't want it to be compared to Batman Beyond.
    I guess, it's just that anime plays so fucking safe when it comes to what they produce mostly, not unlike Hollywood, that a completely bland adaptation that misses his point doesn't sound far fetched for me.
    I disagree. It really just depends on what you're watching and, ultimately, on the studio, staff, and how they adapt the source material.
    Reminds me, I watched some scenes from the Japanese dub of PS4 Spidey, and, man... I'm not sure if Sony really cared about selling the game in Japan, because the dub sounds like a generic anime, not much passion, specially from Otto's voice actor, instead of sounding like a broken, unhinged, desperate man who became evil, he just sounds like a generic everyday villain, which, could be more fitting for some interpretations of Otto, but definitely not this one:

Even if you didn't hear the english dub, something still looks off about Otto, he's screaming like an usual villain, but his facial expressions tell of how he's feeling there.

Now, I'm not saying this bad, it just doesn't stand out, it's just average, and that sucks, really hoped it'd be on the English dub's level.
    It sounds solid to me. Different, since Otto sounds a little more harsher and malevolent, but still just as deranged.

I keep expecting Peter to yell out "Sunlight Yellow Overdrive" (since he's voiced by Jonathan Joestar's Japanese VA).

I think they didn't want it to be compared to Batman Beyond.
    I mean Unlimited and Beyond came out in the same year, so they'd have to change the story and setting before Beyond was actually out, considering how long it takes to make episodes, so I have my doubts that the already known Spider-Man 2099 would have to change to avoid being compared to the newcome Batman Beyond.

I disagree. It really just depends on what you're watching and, ultimately, on the studio, staff, and how they adapt the source material.
    True, but with anime industry playing so safe, I'd be worried anyways.

It sounds solid to me. Different, since Otto sounds a little more harsher and malevolent, but still just as deranged.
    I'm fine with him sounding more evil, specially since he's talking to Norman, the man Otto hates the most, if there's any time for him to put that poisonous tone in his voice, this would be it, but I just don't like how straight forward evil he sounds, without the subtlety that the scene requires.

I keep expecting Peter to yell out "Sunlight Yellow Overdrive" (since he's voiced by Jonathan Joestar's Japanese VA).
    Damn, wasn't aware of that, wonder if the dub makes some reference to that.

Speaking of references, apparently with the hologram suit power, think you get that from Ben's costume? In the Japanese dub, one of the lines the holograms says is from that Japanese Spidey TV show, probably the "Emissary from hell" one, that's nice lol.

I mean Unlimited and Beyond came out in the same year, so they'd have to change the story and setting before Beyond was actually out, considering how long it takes to make episodes, so I have my doubts that the already known Spider-Man 2099 would have to change to avoid being compared to the newcome Batman Beyond.
    Could've been a production thing when they got wind of what Beyond would be about.
    True, but with anime industry playing so safe, I'd be worried anyways.
    Again, though, it just depends what you're watching. Like, there are probably 3-5 "safe" shows a season but also shows that don't and definitely go beyond the medium in some respects.
    I'm fine with him sounding more evil, specially since he's talking to Norman, the man Otto hates the most, if there's any time for him to put that poisonous tone in his voice, this would be it, but I just don't like how straight forward evil he sounds, without the subtlety that the scene requires.
    I think the subtlety is in how off his rocker he sounds. He sounds like a hurt and angry man who is definitely not in a right state of mind.
    Damn, wasn't aware of that, wonder if the dub makes some reference to that.

Speaking of references, apparently with the hologram suit power, think you get that from Ben's costume? In the Japanese dub, one of the lines the holograms says is from that Japanese Spidey TV show, probably the "Emissary from hell" one, that's nice lol.
    That's pretty awesome .