Page 178 of 184 FirstFirst ... 78128168174175176177178179180181182 ... LastLast
Results 2,656 to 2,670 of 2750
    Amazing Member

I would've liked to see Max Modell be venom for awhile. Like a sort of redemption arc that would have him tie up loose ends that came from horizon.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Finished Season 2 since D+ is getting Maximum Venom soon.

Goblin War wasn't so bad however:
    - The re-introduction of Harry and Peter drama was un-necessary.
    - Why the hell did Harry keep the plans for the Goblin Mech in his suit?
    - The Neuro Cortex was some Deus ex machina nonsense.
    I forgot all about that Neuro device.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    And Toomes as the Goblin King just fell really flat for me.
    Toomes in this show....

"I'm a scientist, I'm here to stop you groupies from using my tech to commit crimes"
    "You're our role model, be our leader"
    "Oh yay, I have no choice but to be bad again. Thank you weirdos"

And then he's the Goblin king for... ummm... why did he want revenge against Norman for stealing his tech if he stole Harry's tech to get back at him?
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post
    And then he's the Goblin king for... ummm... why did he want revenge against Norman for stealing his tech if he stole Harry's tech to get back at him?
    The old case of if you can't get one Osborn you get the other one, and the satisfaction of having Norman roll over in his grave.

From what I recall, Harry only made the pumpkin bombs, glider, and flame sword, but Norman was the one who made his actually Hobgoblin suit. And he did steal Toomes sonic scream device and put it into the Hobgoblin mask.
    Last edited by Pattern_Maker; 11-13-2020 at 07:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pattern_Maker View Post
    The old case of if you can't get one Osborn you get the other one, and the satisfaction of having Norman roll over in his grave.

From what I recall, Harry only made the pumpkin bombs, glider, and flame sword, but Norman was the one who made his actually Hobgoblin suit. And he did steal Toomes sonic scream device and put it into the Hobgoblin mask.
    That seems like more something Toomes should be mad about instead of a giant robot.

Amazing Member

Found some more fan art of Maximum Modell.
    https://twitter.com/EAlabuster/statu...720505857?s=19

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

the third season is on disney + now for anyone interested!

Quote Originally Posted by Congeridi View Post
    Found some more fan art of Maximum Modell.
    https://twitter.com/EAlabuster/statu...720505857?s=19
    It became a needle in a haystack for finding fan art from the show after the PS4 game came out. I use to see a lot in google images that weren't only from the Tumblr fans.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    the third season is on disney + now for anyone interested!
    That's cool .
    Quote Originally Posted by Pattern_Maker View Post
    It became a needle in a haystack for finding fan art from the show after the PS4 game came out. I use to see a lot in google images that weren't only from the Tumblr fans.
    I saw Peter/Harry and Gwen/Anya fanart while perusing Tumblr...and some of the storyboard artists on the show posted some fanart.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

I fell off the map with this show after season 1. Now that it has run it's course. How does it measure up next to the other Spider-Man shows?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post
    I fell off the map with this show after season 1. Now that it has run it's course. How does it measure up next to the other Spider-Man shows?
    It's probably the least interesting or cohesive of the modern shows. Yes, even lower than Ultimate Spider-Man.

I think it did stuff better than Ultimate did, and felt truer to the source, even if it still had its own issues.

I think overall the show was just kinda fine and that's it. I wanted to like it more but always was let down by the bland visuals and overabundance of heavy-handed preachy science plots/science friends/superhero friends. Probably the best it ever got was the Superior arc they tried in season 2. It'd probably rank on the lower end of Spidey shows for me. I might even be hard pressed to say Ultimate was better and I am not a fan of that show either. I understand the desire to try different things but at the core for the last 2 shows I think there's flaws with the basic concepts they're about as they're at odds with what Spidey traditionally is.
    Last edited by Spidey_62; 04-04-2021 at 05:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post
    I think overall the show was just kinda fine and that's it. I wanted to like it more but always was let down by the bland visuals and overabundance of science plots and science friends and superhero friends. Probably the best it ever got was the Superior arc they tried in season 2. It'd probably rank on the lower end of Spidey shows for me. I might even be hard pressed to say Ultimate was better and I am not a fan of that show either.
    I think Ultimate owned its novelty more as being an unconventional Spider-Man show. That didn't necessarily make it a good Spider-Man show, but it at least owned it.

This show tried to be too much...a traditional Spider-Man cartoon, a Spider-Team show showing of other characters, a Dan Slott Spider-Man show, and a merchandise-driven show that focused on Symbiotes without really using the concepts in a sensible or organic way. None of these aspects were really able to shine or work cohesively as a whole.

But I will say what I felt the show did well, it did well and better than USM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think Ultimate owned its novelty more as being an unconventional Spider-Man show. That didn't necessarily make it a good Spider-Man show, but it at least owned it.

This show tried to be too much...a traditional Spider-Man cartoon, a Spider-Team show showing of other characters, a Dan Slott Spider-Man show, and a merchandise-driven show that focused on Symbiotes without really using the concepts in a sensible or organic way. None of these aspects were really able to shine or work cohesively as a whole.

But I will say what I felt the show did well, it did well and better than USM.
    That's a good way of putting it, yeah.

World's Greatest Hero blackspidey2099's Avatar

Finally finished the show, and I think it definitely gets overhated. Sure, it's no Spider-Man TAS or Spectacular Spider-Man but I'd say it's far better than the likes of Ultimate Spider-Man. Although I really disliked the show's version of Doc Ock.
    "Anyone can win a fight when the odds are easy! It's when the going's tough - when there seems to be no chance - that's when it counts!" - Spider-Man