Page 184 of 184 FirstFirst ... 84134174180181182183184
Results 2,746 to 2,750 of 2750

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The weird thing is Cates was a consultant on the show too.

Although they probably threw Venom/Symbiote stuff into this show for the same reason that Avengers Assemble's final season became a Black Panther show.
    I thought so! It's really not apparent from the stuff that happens in the third season, especially compared to Dan Slott's consulting where they took all kinds of nuggets from his stories.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Unspeakable Evil View Post
    I wonder how much of this show was executive meddling? There’s some weird stuff , writing wise.
    The Maximum Venom season reeked of it. This is purely speculation from my part, but it felt like they really didn't want to focus on the symbiote side of things and they put it off as much as possible. They did a big symbiote invasion halfway through the season and all the Venomized characters that were heavily promoted were only featured there. Most of the season was just either superhero team-ups or more traditional Spider-Man plots that barely had anything to do with the symbiotes until the finale.

Earlier seasons? I want to see the adaptations of Slott-era stories like Spider-Island and Superior Spider-Man. Maybe the inclusion of Miles and Spider-Gwen too, but that's just guesses since I'd think Marvel would want to promote recent material.

I think the other Spiders were definitely mandates to some extent, and you can tell with how clunky they're inclusion into the series feels versus Peter himself.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GamerSlyRatchet View Post
    The Maximum Venom season reeked of it. This is purely speculation from my part, but it felt like they really didn't want to focus on the symbiote side of things and they put it off as much as possible. They did a big symbiote invasion halfway through the season and all the Venomized characters that were heavily promoted were only featured there. Most of the season was just either superhero team-ups or more traditional Spider-Man plots that barely had anything to do with the symbiotes until the finale.
    Someone wanted to capitalize on Venom catching up in popularity but they only had the Cates and Bunn stuff to work with. They couldn't pull off the Cates stuff since they screwed over Brock hard so all we get is a bad adaptation of Everyone is Venom and they still tried to bring back Osborn nonsense.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Someone wanted to capitalize on Venom catching up in popularity but they only had the Cates and Bunn stuff to work with. They couldn't pull off the Cates stuff since they screwed over Brock hard so all we get is a bad adaptation of Everyone is Venom and they still tried to bring back Osborn nonsense.
    And they didn't even do that well with how few episodes we got of everyone Venomized.

They hyped up the other Spiders' Symbiote forms despite only having a minute of screentime.