Page 24 of 184 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627283474124 ... LastLast

I think there was this girl that Sandman thought was his daughter, who he ended up kidnapping(?), but she wasn't really. It was just a sign he was kind of going crazy.

And I guess if we're getting a "Sandgirl" then Ana Kravinoff probably has a decent chance of showing up as Kraven's daughter.

Also probably likely that Harry will be the Goblin so they can also have a teen Green Goblin.

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    I just hope that Anya isn't pushed to the side for other non-Spider Heroes.
    I think it's going to be other way around. The Spiders are going to push aside every non-Spider member of Peter's supporting cast or the non-Spider heroes he traditionally interacts with (like Black Cat).

Can't have Muggles play a major part in things after all .

Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

I don't mind Sandgirl tbh. She could be really good and memorable. See:Harley Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    I just hope that Anya isn't pushed to the side for other non-Spider Heroes.
    She currently is pushed aside in the comics. I hope that'll change.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think it's going to be other way around. The Spiders are going to push aside every non-Spider member of Peter's supporting cast or the non-Spider heroes he traditionally interacts with (like Black Cat).
    18 seconds in, Black Cat confirmed to be in the cartoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Unspeakable Evil View Post
    I don't mind Sandgirl tbh. She could be really good and memorable. See:Harley Quinn
    I'm not expecting these writers to create the next Harley Quinn out of the Sandman's daughter, but they are certainly welcome to try .
    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    18 seconds in, Black Cat confirmed to be in the cartoon.
    I know she's in it, I just don't expect them to use her that much or in a significant way compared to past cartoons.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    She currently is pushed aside in the comics. I hope that'll change.
    She'll probably get a fresh push in a title once the show starts airing, but she never really could sustain a book where she was the star or a big focus of it

This show is gonna suck.

We're never going to get a Spider-Man cartoon as good as the 90's animated series again are we?

Quote Originally Posted by WeirdSpider View Post
    This show is gonna suck.

We're never going to get a Spider-Man cartoon as good as the 90's animated series again are we?
    We won't know for sure until we can actually see the show on broadcast, though.

Case in point, Star Trek: The Next Generation had a very bad first season. By the end of it's run, it was considered one of if not the best installments in the franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by WeirdSpider View Post
    This show is gonna suck.

I mean, I think it's probably going to be fun enough, but I doubt this is going to hit any of the high's of the 90's cartoon and Spectacular.

I hope the writing is at least on par with the Guardians of the Galaxy cartoon.

BANNED

Likewise for Ultimate Spider Man. Most people wrote off it's early seasons but there was a significant turnaround in quality in the later years. It still wasn't the best Spidey cartoon ever and was still full of problems in terms of tone but it was much better than when it started out.

Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Likewise for Ultimate Spider Man. Most people wrote off it's early seasons but there was a significant turnaround in quality in the later years. It still wasn't the best Spidey cartoon ever and was still full of problems in terms of tone but it was much better than when it started out.
    This probably will have a better start than Ultimate Spider-Man

BANNED

Are we going to get a serious Spider-Man cartoon? - There are some intense stuff in the new cartoon.
    https://www.newsarama.com/35605-sdcc...nly-panel.html

She'll probably get a fresh push in a title once the show starts airing, but she never really could sustain a book where she was the star or a big focus of it
    You're right, none of her solos have lasted long. Another team book would suit her - she's been part of Young Allies, Avengers Academy, and Web Warriors. They could pair her up with Jessica and Cindy, whose books were cancelled recently, as a Spider-Women team. Or maybe a new lineup of New or Young Avengers. Champions, Spectacular Spider-Man, Amazing Spider-Man, and Spider-Gwen (she was also a Web Warrior) are all possible places for guest appearances.

They don't usually push characters in the cartoons though, outside tie-in comics and the like.

If she were appearing in a TV show or in an actual MCU Spider-Man movie, that would be a different story.

"Intense" by what standard ?

I'd like it if we got stories on par with the Warlock/J'Son stuff in Guardians or the Scarlet Spider storyline from USM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    They don't usually push characters in the cartoons though, outside tie-in comics and the like.

If she were appearing in a TV show or in an actual MCU Spider-Man movie, that would be a different story.
    White Tiger and Power Man* were prominently featured in books since the beginning of USM (Mighty Avengers and New Avengers). Sam, had a ongoing, and despite low sales, they kept relaunching it. Then, not longer the confirmation of USM cancellation, both WT and PM were dropped and there's no sight of them, both seem to remain in limbo for the foreseeable future, and, although he's still showing up in Champions, Sam's last ongoing was cancelled in shorter time and doesn't seem to have a new ongoing in the near future.

I could definitely see Anya being added somewhere. Maybe a Spider-Women team book as suggested above; the event series had good enough sales, and there's a demand for more Silk and Jess, so she would fit in there. A possible Web Warriors relaunch could be a thing too, with focus on her and Gwen (just keep Costa away from it).

Speaking of, I imagine the reception of Anya's and Gwen's interactions with each will be a factor about adding both of them in a team book. If the chemistry with them in the show is well received and becomes popular, I can 100% see a team book with the two of them at the center of it. Not precisely the leads, but they would be the heart of it. (Also, no, I'm not talking about shipping, but I won't stop anyone from doing it (personally I think Anya could get someone more interesting than comic!Gwen, but let's see of cartoon!Gwen is more interesting))

*Yes, I know that Power Man from the comics is Victor Alvarez and the one of the show is Luke Cage, but USM PM was clearly inspired by Victor. Having both of them showing up was Marvel's way of having their cake and eat it.