Page 3 of 184 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    I wonder if this will mark the animated debut of Carlie Cooper?
    The thought crossed my mind as well.

I'm becoming increasingly more hesitant about this cartoon .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The thought crossed my mind as well.

I'm becoming increasingly more hesitant about this cartoon .
    Silk (who also could potentially appear in this show) only became interesting to read when Slott WASN'T writing her...

Oh god...

Astonishing Member DieHard200904's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    I wonder if this will mark the animated debut of Carlie Cooper?
    I doubt it. If it's high school I see more the circle of friends that Peter had as a teenager: Mary Jane Watson, Gwen Stacy, Harry Osborn.... You get the idea. I see this as possibly another Spectacular Spider-Man series, which I kind of missed.

Astonishing Member

You have to be kidding!! Start all over again with Spider-Man at this point of "Ultimate Spider-Man"!!! Why are they so obssessed with making animation as an extension of the movies?!! With this new art-style, they can no longer make connections with the other animated series ("Guardians of the Galaxy" and "Avengers").

This is the third show in a row set in high school, but it does make sense given the status quo in Homecoming. More Spider-Man and less superheroes will probably help distinguish this from Ultimate.

One problem with a series about a slightly older Spidey is that audiences would just expect this character to be an older version of an existing cartoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Silk (who also could potentially appear in this show) only became interesting to read when Slott WASN'T writing her...

Oh god...
    I doubt Slott's going to write any episodes. His role here may be the same as it is for the Silk monthly (showing up for various meetings about what's happening in the future.)
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Spectacular Member

I'd liked it if they got Yuri Lowenthal to play Spider-Man since he's already going to play him in the new ps4 video game.

Quote Originally Posted by LexValentine View Post
    I'd liked it if they got Yuri Lowenthal to play Spider-Man since he's already going to play him in the new ps4 video game.
    I thought Peter was supposed to be older in the upcoming PS4 game.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    I thought Peter was supposed to be older in the upcoming PS4 game.
    he's played teenagers before.

he's played teenagers before.
    I'm aware. I was just speculating that Marvel may want to create some distance between the older Spider-Man of the upcoming PS4 game, and the younger Spider-Man in the new animated series. It's possible that Lowenthal could be Spidey in both, and it's possible both productions will have different voice actors.

Astonishing Member

I'm in a deadly mood with all this about animated Spider-Man having a reboot and wasting "Ultimate Spider-Man" enormous potential. Now I really wish Spider-Man wouldn't have appeared back in "Captain America: Civil War". Well, let's try to analyse the situation, so we can find something interesting that can compensate it. (But I seriously doubt it).

So, Dan Slott is going to be present in this series. So, we can assume that means we will see stories based on his work in the comics of Spider-Man. We will have to check which stories can be used and which ones can't. Well, let's see:

1º) The first season will have to be the classic repetitive reintroduction of classic Spider-Man material. We can assume most of it will be reused from the future movie. Well, let's see which members of his classic cast we can count on. Let's see:
    - Aunt May: Obviously, although the one from the movie looks too young.
    - Flash Thompson: I hope it will be like his classic self, not the one from the movie.
    - Liz Allan: No problem with this, but the movies says that she's Peter's love interest. Honestly, I don't like this idea.
    - Ned Leeds: No problem with him, but the chosen actor ruins his classic essence. Especially if we consider that in the comics, he was the Hobgoblin; and this actor is too fat.
    - Mary Jane Watson: This girl seriously has to appear in the series, and I want her as a love interest for Peter. They say Zendaya is going to represent her, but I keep reading in many sites that her character is one named "Michelle". Honestly, I prefer another girl as MJ instead of Zendaya, but Mary Jane HAS to appear in the new animated series.
    - Harry Osborn: Let's face it, this kid has been always present next to Peter Parker, so they can't make a series about Spider-Man without his friend-turned-enemy number one.
    - Gwen Stacy: I believe this girl could also appear in the series. I think they could avoid her classic fate and instead do something different. She could work as a link of Spider-Man to the NYPD.

2º) Now, let's see about the enemies. I suppose the first season will follow the tradition of past animated series and give us a classic villain from Spider-Man's foe gallery each episode. And I suppose that, once we have at least 6 villains introduced, we will have a classic episode of Spider-Man vs the Sinister 6. (This is really tiring, if you ask me; and one of the reasons because rebooting was the most idiotic idea to do). Well, let's see which villains we could see. I guess we could count on the ones who are already going to appear in the movie. Let's see:
    + The Vulture: Obviously, as Spider-Man's first big villain.
    + Shocker: Another clear option. Something tells me that, just like in the 90's, it will be the replacement for Electro for the time being.
    + The Tinkerer: Not a too big villain in Spider-Man history, but I guess we could see him as the source of the creation of most of Spider-Man's villains.
    + Doctor Octopus: Obviously, if the Siniter Six appear in the new series, they can't work without his classic leader, and probably number 3 in Spidey's top villains.
    + Kraven the Hunter: It's quite easy to use, so it could appear here.
    + Mysterio: This tricky guy could be used here too.

+ Goblin: No series about Spider-Man can be completed without a Goblin. However, considering the circunstances, I believe they will focus on the HobGoblin instead of the Green Goblin. At least, until they show us any clue about the involvement of the Osborns.
    + The Jackal: Considering some previous comments from Stephen Wacker, I think we could see the debut of this villain in animated form. Especially if we consider his role in "Spider-Island".
    + Sandman: The classic relationship friend/foe between this guy and Spidey could be used.
    + Venom: Considering some of Dan Slott's stories, I believe Venom will be needed here.

Well, what do you think? I have more to say, but this is enough for now.

I imagine they're probably going to get somebody who can sound as young as Tom Holland's Spidey, though hopefully one who can better pull off the Spider-Man side and distinguish the Peter Parker and Spider-Man aspects like Keaton did in Spectacular.

BANNED

Kevin Shinick also wrote the Hobgoblin mini-series with Roderick during Axis. Pretty good stuff--was hoping to see more comic work from him, but TV probably pays better than turning out pages for Marvel.

Can't they just swap out Shinick for Slott, who's writing is already like a bad kid's cartoon?

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesedique View Post
    Kevin Shinick also wrote the Hobgoblin mini-series with Roderick during Axis. Pretty good stuff--was hoping to see more comic work from him, but TV probably pays better than turning out pages for Marvel.

Can't they just swap out Shinick for Slott, who's writing is already like a bad kid's cartoon?
    That was him? I completely forgot he wrote that. Now I'm actually a little more reassured about the quality of the writing and character portrayals .

Y'know, given Slott, Wacker, and Shinick's involvement, I wouldn't be surprised if we see the Hobgoblin as the main Goblin of this show before Osborn shows up, ala the 90's cartoon.

Astonishing Member

Well, let's talk about more potential things coming from this series.

1º) Even if this series bring us back to "basics" again with Spider-Man (how stupid), it has a serious problem. You see, if they are following the designs from the MCU, and in the first episode we are going to see Peter in his original costume, then how the webs is Peter going to "upgrade" himself without Tony Stark? This clearly proves that they can't disconnect Spider-Man from the rest of the Marvel Universe. However, there's another chance to avoid Tony Stark. How about if Ezekiel Sims becomes a regular casting character in the series, acting as Peter's benefactor?

2º) Considering Spider-Man's interaction with the Avengers in the movies, and after so much time seeing Spider-Man acting with other heroes, I think it's obvious Spider-Man can't be the only superhero that appears in this series. And I think I already know how that can happen. If the series adapts one of Dan Slott's stories that I wanted to see more in "Ultimate Spider-Man" ("Spider-Island"), more characters with spider-powers could appear in the future. And that way, Peter could be like their leader and help them to adapt to them. My theory about what other characters with Spider-Powers could debut in the series:

+ Flash Thompson as Agent Venom: Dan Slott's was the one who wrote the story of Flash becoming Agent Venom, and considering his popularity in "Ultimate Spider-Man", they could use him again in this new series.
    + Anti-Venom: If Spider-Island is adapted to this series, then is obvious that Anti-Venom will be necessary in this story. About who will be inside, I don't know. Maybe Eddie Brock or maybe someone different. He could end up looking like Future Foundation Spider-Man.
    + Miles Morales: They said that Miles Morales wasn't going to go anywhere, so I guess we could see him in this series too; and Spider-Island could work as the source of his powers.
    + Gwen Stacy: Instead of using the classic gwen Stacy's plot here, they could turn her into "Spider-wen", giving us another chance to keep another popular alternative Spider.
    + Anya Corazon: They said the had plans for Anya Corazon, but since "Ultimate Spider-Man" is finishing, I guess we could see her in this new series instead.
    + Cindy Moon (Silk): Instead of the story of being bitten by the same Spider than Peter, I think having Silk created by the Spider-Island's virus is a better alternative.
    + Mary Jane Watson: Since "Ultimate Spider-Man" is ending, I want this happening in the next series. Besides, is something that happened in the comics, only I don't want the powers removed at the end. Also, it can be a reference to Mary Jane from the new series "Renew Your Vows".

Well, what do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard200904 View Post
    I liked Spectacular Spider-Man myself. It felt more my tune than the 1994 Spider-Man: TAS.
    Spectacular found the perfect mix of spunk and heart for Peter Parker.