Page 31 of 184 FirstFirst ... 212728293031323334354181131 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Going from that interview, like Frontier said, it seems they're doing the typical degrading friendship angle with Peter and Harry here. If he isn't made into a villain during the course of this Season, I guess that will be part of the "new" twists and turns of Season 2.

Once more, I'll just need to see and hope that Miles will play out better in practice than he looks to be doing on paper, or at least appear to play out better while I'm watching it.

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post
    I hope they don't do something cringeworthy like Ultimate did with Harry walking on the piano and calling all his party guests cool just cause he's miffed at Peter for being pulled away by his S.H.I.E.L.D. buddies.
    That was actually pretty poignant in his development at the time, but once more, I suppose I'm the only one who appreciated that. It's one of the reasons why I loved Harry and Peter in Ultimate, and why I'm so leery about how they'll be portrayed in this show.

So far, things seem to be hinting on showing their lack of friendship than their friendship, but maybe that'll play out different in practice, too.

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    Going from that interview, like Frontier said, it seems they're doing the typical degrading friendship angle with Peter and Harry here. If he isn't made into a villain during the course of this Season, I guess that will be part of the "new" twists and turns of Season 2.
    I think a lot of it will depend on whether he's the Green Goblin in this.

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    That was actually pretty poignant in his development at the time, but once more, I suppose I'm the only one who appreciated that. It's one of the reasons why I loved Harry and Peter in Ultimate, and why I'm so leery about how they'll be portrayed in this show.

So far, things seem to be hinting on showing their lack of friendship than their friendship, but maybe that'll play out different in practice, too.
    I like the show, and I like that episode, but that moment makes me cringe.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post
    I like the show, and I like that episode, but that moment makes me cringe.
    Thing was, it was supposed to be a cringe-y moment, albeit, one that made sense given the context (even without justifying it, anymore so than any other moment for kids/teens/adults like this one). Yes, Harry was being juvenile, but he had been hurt and so he lashed out. That is what was so poignant about it.

More episode titles for September:

"Sandman" 9/16
    "Stark Expo" 9/16
    "Symbiotic Relationship" 9/16
    "The Ultimate Spider-Man" 9/23
    "Kraven's Amazing Hunt" 9/30

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    More episode titles for September:

"Sandman" 9/16
    "Stark Expo" 9/16
    "Symbiotic Relationship" 9/16
    "The Ultimate Spider-Man" 9/23
    "Kraven's Amazing Hunt" 9/30
    Judging by the names, it seems both the Symbiote and Miles really will be early on additions in the series. Which is good all around for their characters in the show, generally speaking.

Also, it appears that they're going the "splurge than hiatus" route, based on the scheduling.

Woah, so they decided to go with Miles's comic book name? Not Kid Arachnid?

I don't think "The Ultimate Spider-Man" is Miles.

I think it's referring to Peter riding high on the Black Suit.

New video! Including our first look at Miles as Spidey, Gwen in a Little Red Riding Hood costume, and Anya with a laser gun!
    Last edited by Spider-Chan; 08-14-2017 at 12:50 PM.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Looks like Pete/Gwen is going to be the pairing that gets teased in this series.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Looks like Pete/Gwen is going to be the pairing that gets teased in this series.
    For now anyway, doubtful it'll be the whole series though, especially since Marvel made a big deal of teasing a Gwen/Miles romance in the comics also...I think we can expect a triangle to develop there eventually.

MJ's also confirmed for this show so you don't quite know where it'll go. If it's following Slott's vision, Gwen might just realise Peter likes MJ more.
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 08-14-2017 at 01:11 PM.

Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    New video! Including our first look at Miles as Spidey, Gwen in a Little Red Riding Hood costume, and Anya with a laser gun!
    And Josh Keaton as Norman

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    For now anyway, doubtful it'll be the whole series though, especially since Marvel made a big deal of teasing a Gwen/Miles romance in the comics also...I think we can expect a triangle to develop there eventually.

MJ's also confirmed for this show so you don't quite know where it'll go. If it's following Slott's vision, Gwen might just realise Peter likes MJ more.
    I half joke when I say this, but it honestly wouldn't surprise me if Mary Jane does become Spinerret in this show. Slott and Wacker and co. have a lot of respect for Conway and Stegman.

Quote Originally Posted by Unspeakable Evil View Post
    And Josh Keaton as Norman
    Too bad we won't see Ant-Man team-up to take on Norman.

Astonishing Member

Once more, admittedly, I am liking the overall lack of technical damsels in the show, at least going by the scenes shown in the video. I appreciate that the bystanders are allowed to be smart and capable and showcase this, especially the one kid who tells Spidey how to get at Shocker's weak-point with absolutely zero hesitation. It's just nice to see that it's not just the designated heroes who have heroic traits and can show bravery. That these are all kids being portrayed so smartly makes it even better.

Hopefully, we'll get to some appropriate childishness to go along with all of this, though, so as to not have them be essentially direct adult stand-ins as opposed to intelligent and capable kids/teens.
    Last edited by J. D. Guy; 08-19-2017 at 12:15 PM.

I find it funny that they say they're going to emphasize Peter's smarts but then pretty much everybody else in his supporting cast is also a super-scientist or super-smart. So either Peter is going to be portrayed as smarter or they're going to make him seem less smart by comparison. Also seems kind of redundant for all the Spiders unless they have their own specific science specialities.

I can definitely see more Dan Slott influences in this cartoon, what with Peter's supporting cast or random civilians bailing him out or telling him what to do to beat the villains. Also reminds me of season 1 of The Flash where STAR Labs either told Barry what he needed to do 90% of the time or they just handed him what he needed to win. I really hope this isn't too frequent, even when Peter is hanging out with the other Spiders.

I guess that confirms Clash as another villain (which isn't too surprising). And is that Black Cat in the car Spidey is chasing?

Is that Mick Wingert reprising Tony Stark? That sounds a lot better then his performance in Guardians and Assemble. Can't say I care to see Tony Stark in something Spider-Man related again though.

Josh Keaton as Norman Osborn...That's amazing casting. One of the most iconic Spider-Man VA's as Spider-Man's Archenemy. He already sounds pretty great, and I can't wait to hear his Green Goblin .

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Eh...I think the first scene was just Pete being his awkward self, and the hug seemed platonic enough.

I doubt we're going to see any real romance or even any teases to that effect in a current Marvel cartoon. Especially when they want to emphasize "Friendship."
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    I half joke when I say this, but it honestly wouldn't surprise me if Mary Jane does become Spinerret in this show. Slott and Wacker and co. have a lot of respect for Conway and Stegman.
    I think a better question would be if they're going to make her another science geek like everybody else on this show ?

Not to mention being a civilian who isn't just a damsel in distress won't be unique to Mary Jane in this cartoon so I guess they may as well just put her in a costume. But I don't know, with Wacker and Slott, I don't think they'll put too much investment in Mary Jane here.

I'm also wondering how they'd characterize her, since this version of Gwen seems pretty MJ-like. I'm almost half-expecting them to give her the "Face it Tiger..." moment.