Page 32 of 184 FirstFirst ... 222829303132333435364282132 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think a better question would be if they're going to make her another science geek like everybody else on this show ?

Not to mention being a civilian who isn't just a damsel in distress won't be unique to Mary Jane in this cartoon so I guess they may as well just put her in a costume. But I don't know, with Wacker and Slott, I don't think they'll put too much investment in Mary Jane here.

I'm also wondering how they'd characterize her, since this version of Gwen seems pretty MJ-like. I'm almost half-expecting them to give her the "Face it Tiger..." moment.
    I actually wouldn't be surprised if they saved MJ for a big shake-up in the second season. That they view her as someone who turns Peter's world upside down whenever she appears (or disappears).

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    I actually wouldn't be surprised if they saved MJ for a big shake-up in the second season. That they view her as someone who turns Peter's world upside down whenever she appears (or disappears).
    I guess I just have a hard time believing Marvel would give her that important a role in a cartoon or Peter's life at this point.

I guess I just have a hard time believing Marvel would give her that important a role in a cartoon or Peter's life at this point.
    What ever gave you that idea?

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    What ever gave you that idea?
    Well, a certain fella who is also starring in this show ...

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Looks like Pete/Gwen is going to be the pairing that gets teased in this series.
    So Gwen will become Spider Gwen. I wonder if Osborn is still going to throw her off a bridge then she gets cloned br the jackal just like Peter eventually does.

Mighty Member

What? No Carlie Cooper or Anna Maria Marconi? No Sajani?

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rward777 View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if Anna Maria pops up at some point.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Amazing Member

Why would anyone want to see Sajani?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Congeridi View Post
    Why would anyone want to see Sajani?
    As a foil for Peter.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    For now anyway, doubtful it'll be the whole series though, especially since Marvel made a big deal of teasing a Gwen/Miles romance in the comics also...I think we can expect a triangle to develop there eventually.

MJ's also confirmed for this show so you don't quite know where it'll go. If it's following Slott's vision, Gwen might just realise Peter likes MJ more.
    I'm surprised no Michelle Jones

Mighty Member

A season 2 confirmation before the show has even premiered yet? That sounds like a Disney XD cartoon .

I wonder what storylines and characters they're shying away from or planning to do differently compared to USM. I guess Spider-Verse would probably one, and maybe Clone Saga/Scarlet Spider is another.

"What's the Peter story?" That's the question I've been asking about the comics for a few years now...

I guess this confirms that Peter and Harry's friendship will be torn apart over the course of the series.

I really hope they don't go overboard with the tech. But at least Peter's the one who develops it and it's not Tony Stark hand-me-downs.

None of that description for Mils actually sounds like Miles. When did he become the impulsive one or suddenly quick to tell everyone he has powers (unless they're Ganke) ?

I guess we can at least narrow down Venom's identity to Brock or Flash now.
    Relax. This Peter will be too young to be a ceo of a company created by doc ock.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

As a foil for Peter.
    That's kind of what they've been implying Anya's role in the series will be, her being Pete's academic rival and more critical of him.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Congeridi View Post
    Vulture's voice sounds like he's in his early thirties.
    And not Liz Allan's father

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    That's kind of what they've been implying Anya's role in the series will be, her being Pete's academic rival and more critical of him.
    Minus Sajani's willingness to cut deals with villians.

⚡ The Scarlet Poster ⚡ Flash Fan #1's Avatar

Keaton voicing Norman is a fantastic choice. It'll be interesting seeing what he does with the part. Plus, it changes things up. He voiced Peter, why not Norman.

I'm glad that Modell's gonna be in the show, as well. His character should be a good fit and his inclusion seems appropriate. I have complete faith in Fred Tatasciore's ability to voice him. He kicked ass as Baird in the Gears Of War series, he'll do so here, too.

I said before that I wasn't watching this, but I've changed my mind. This voice cast gives me hope.

As mentioned above, I like that regular civilians are gonna have some back-bone. Definitely a touch of Slott there, for sure.
    "If you're not moving, you're not living. No matter how bad it gets or how many hits you take, keep trying."