Page 34 of 184 FirstFirst ... 243031323334353637384484134 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    And I could see them giving Gwen that role anyways.
    The clips I've seen of her so far don't indicate that at all. She comes off as a smart arse.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    The clips I've seen of her so far don't indicate that at all. She comes off as a smart arse.
    She seems very MJ-like to me. Confident, active, passionate.

Mighty Member

If we want to get pedantic, the last time he played Peter officially (not counting Earth's Mightiest Heroes) was Edge of Time in 2011, so 6 years.
    Not to mention he also played a corrupt businessman in that one.

BANNED

She seems very MJ-like to me.
    I have no idea how you're even coming to that conclusion. Nothing in those clips evokes MJ's personality. MJ is not a super scientist either, and I don't think she'll be one in this show.

My point is that MJ could be the breath of fresh air Peter needs to get away from his peers at Horizon, and Gwen might be envious of how care-free and regular MJ is.
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 08-15-2017 at 08:48 AM.

MJ is going to be an aspiring reporter again, isn't she?

Quote Originally Posted by GamerSlyRatchet View Post
    Not to mention he also played a corrupt businessman in that one.
    Yeah, his 2099 Peter was pretty similar to the voice he's using for Norman in this hsow.
    I have no idea how you're even coming to that conclusion. Nothing in those clips evokes MJ's personality. MJ is not a super scientist either, and I don't think she'll be one in this show.
    Well, neither is Miles Morales, but he seems to be one here so...

And I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree. This version of Gwen, from what we've seen, seems very much like how we've seen MJ portrayed in the past.

My point is that MJ could be the breath of fresh air Peter needs to get away from his peers at Horizon, and Gwen might be envious of how care-free and regular MJ is.
    I just don't see them going in that direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    I hope not. They can do so much better then teenage Lois Lane.

But I guess I'd be fine with it if it made the Bugle relevant, but it probably wouldn't.

BANNED

And I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree. This version of Gwen, from what we've seen, seems very much like how we've seen MJ portrayed in the past
    Ok, I feel I was being a bit snappy as well so I apologize

I still don't think Gwen's acting at all like MJ...but we don't have anything of this series MJ to compare her with yet.

If anything, they're basing Gwen on the version from the Amazing movies. The Gwen depicted by Emma Stone was definitely more of a science type like Peter. And in that clip from the new cartoon, she tells him that he could've done things with his webs that he hadn't even thought of. Something I'm sure she'll demonstrate when she becomes Spider-Woman.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    If they want someone to be a reporter, just use Silk. At least that would be similar to her Fact Channel work in the comics. MJ is a fashionista, not a journalist. She should be working either in fashion (she has a clothes shop in Renew Your Vows) or showbiz (she used to be a model and actress in the 616 comics).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    MJ is a fashionista, not a journalist. She should be working either in fashion (she has a clothes shop in Renew Your Vows) or showbiz (she used to be a model and actress in the 616 comics).
    She also worked in a computing job for a stretch in the daily comic strip before she returned to acting.

BANNED

Cort Lane and Joey Q talk about the show

Looks like Rhino's some sort of bio engineered creature?

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    If anything, they're basing Gwen on the version from the Amazing movies. The Gwen depicted by Emma Stone was definitely more of a science type like Peter.
    Well, she was originally a science major in college, but it never really came up that much in the comics.

But it's where Spectacular and the ASM movies came from for their interpretations of Gwen.

And in that clip from the new cartoon, she tells him that he could've done things with his webs that he hadn't even thought of. Something I'm sure she'll demonstrate when she becomes Spider-Woman.
    That would make her seem so insufferable...
    She also worked in a computing job for a stretch in the daily comic strip before she returned to acting.
    Let's complete the CW comparisons by giving them a hacker .
    Cort Lane and Joey Q talk about the show

Looks like Rhino's some sort of bio engineered creature?
    So Rhino's a mutant rhino-man again.

Looks like a weird combination of mainline Rhino and Earth-65 Rhino.

As a fan of both Gwen and MJ I'm hoping both to show up BUT I don't want that whole love triangle thing that is very common and a bit overdone in my taste when both characters can be presented together without a love triangle conflict.

If there is a love triangle I hope that it will be instead Peter, Miles, and Gwen (the two guys who are good friends but also both crushing hard for Gwen's affections). Make a small twist in it all.

Then for the sake of Peter/MJ shippers and to bring MJ in Miles/Gwen becomes the first couple but both care for Peter. Peter having his usual Parker luck but this case we see him trying to speed date and failing hard due to Spider-man issues. Then school problems that he begins over worrying about because he's Spider-man (in a another twist Peter freaks out at his 'falling' grades but when Gwen and Miles looks over the paper she see's much to their bemusement that Peter got a 99% vs 100% and they tell him that it's fine but he overblows it all out of proportion).

Miles and Gwen wants Peter to be happy and think that Peter just needs to relax. They also feel that Peter takes on too much when they can be called upon (Spider-Man and Spider-Woman) to help lift the load off his shoulders and help free up some time. That Peter unhealthy takes on all the responsibilities and worries when he can rely on them. Gwen knows a wonderful gal who is her neighbor/roommate that has a air of fun and helped her when she was down. Gwen thinks Peter might like her and they would be perfect together as he might have some fun and learn to let loose.
    Miles tells Peter about the blind date the two have set up for him but at this time he given up on love and figures to focus on being Spider-man with that time. However Miles states that both he and Gwen can take a shift and just go out for one night. If it doesn't work out then at least Peter tried. Before Peter can say no Miles just runs off tell him that the date had already been set and Aunt MAy has been informed and has a clean suit all ready for him.

Back at home Peter thinks over the high number of people living in or near NYC his age and single and everything calculated in producing the results of a decent blind date set up by friends and family to a gal he never met are just as high as winning a jackpot.
    Cue MJ

We find that MJ is a fashionista and not only plans to model but wants to be a designer. Talented in art plus learning the needed knowledge to become a designer including the mathematics, sciences, and different fabrics, how those fabrics work, needle works, and how the eyes work and perceive colors. Then on the business side of selling her works the understandings of business and trends. Thus even in a position of fashion designer there are sciences and calculations and knowledge to be found in such a position allowing MJ her own skills (and help possibly with improvements to costumes and effectiveness of some of them).

Instead of Gwen being a conflict and competition for Peter's affections first she is the receiver of two guys affections/crushes then with Mile's assistance helps setup the meeting and pusher/shipper for the Peter/MJ ship knowing both before they met each other (thus if anything filling in a bit in Aunt May's position in 616 in that end)

Quote Originally Posted by rward777 View Post
    I'm surprised no Michelle Jones
    I guess they already had planned MJ, and since the whole "Michelle Jones=MJ" was kept under wraps they really didn't expect that.

I actually get Michelle vibes from Anya, so I don't think they might introduce her. For now at least.

Quote Originally Posted by AngelJD View Post
    If there is a love triangle I hope that it will be instead Peter, Miles, and Gwen (the two guys who are good friends but also both crushing hard for Gwen's affections). Make a small twist in it all.
    Plot twist: they pull a Korrasami and Anya goes on a vacation with Gwen/MJ in the series finale.

Quote Originally Posted by rward777 View Post
    I'm surprised no Michelle Jones
    The last thing we need is a Hope Van Dyne situation on this show.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    I guess they already had planned MJ, and since the whole "Michelle Jones=MJ" was kept under wraps they really didn't expect that.

I actually get Michelle vibes from Anya, so I don't think they might introduce her. For now at least.
    I think it's pretty evident the only knowledge they had about the movie during production was the prototype suit (which was in Civil War) and Vulture being the main villain (even though he probably won't be in this cartoon).

Otherwise the cartoon would probably resemble the MCU Spider-Man much more closely.

Meh, going to pass the first 2, 3 episodes i think.

Thank you very much but we already know, radio-active spider, bite, powers....i have quite enough of that story already. I really don't feel like watching that stuff again. AGAIN!!