Page 44 of 184 FirstFirst ... 344041424344454647485494144 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    See I never cared much for the "sneaking out" thing myself (although I can certainly see why other fans liked it TBF). It's kind of like the "Superman trying to fool Lois Lane" thing, it just gets tedious after awhile.

I'd prefer that Aunt May find out early. Also Gwen, MJ, whomever his "best bud" ends up being, and perhaps Felicia and/or Harry later on.
    yeah, they realised that in buffy too. her mum was oblivious until it stretched credibility, then she had be aware that her daughter was a "superhero".
    troo fan or death

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    See I never cared much for the "sneaking out" thing myself (although I can certainly see why other fans liked it TBF). It's kind of like the "Superman trying to fool Lois Lane" thing, it just gets tedious after awhile.

I'd prefer that Aunt May find out early. Also Gwen, MJ, whomever his "best bud" ends up being, and perhaps Felicia and/or Harry later on.
    It also kinda makes May look like a fool when it goes on for too long. Likewise, it can very easily make Peter look duplicitous, specifically non-maliciously duplicitous, after a time. After all, regardless of how much the "for their own good" reasoning for doing so is used or how relavent or applicable it may be (or may be passed off as), it doesn't change that Peter (or whoever, really) is lying and keeping very big secrets from his (their) closest family member. That level of broken trust can be hard to make amends for, regardless of how noble the cause in doing so (though not every one would be willing to tackle such a series subject).

That said, I do like the idea of May knowing Peter so well that she figures it out on her own after a certain point, and is completely okay and supportive with his Superheroing.
    Last edited by J. D. Guy; 08-23-2017 at 03:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GamerSlyRatchet View Post
    As reluctant as I am on the idea of teen Doc Ock, I did feel a sense of arrogance and condescension in his brief interaction with Peter. That's always been a key trait of Ock's.
    Not before his momma forced him to break with the girlfriend he later found out she got AIDS and tried to cure.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post
    Not before his momma forced him to break with the girlfriend he later found out she got AIDS and tried to cure.
    I don't expect they'll adapt that much .

Mighty Member

Another oddity of this cartoon is the fact that Harry has been making BOMBS AT SCHOOL, yet no one seems to pay that any mind...like at ALL. Heck I think if Spider-Man bringing THAT to everyone's attention was the reason Harry got suspended his sudden hatred of Spider-Man would make a little more sense.

Also, said bombs look like the Pumpkin Bombs from Raimi's Spider-Man, so I wonder if they are going to do the armored Goblin look from the same movie to differentiate themselves from both Ultimate's mutated Goblin, and Spectaular's rubber mask Green Goblin.

I mean the design of the bombs is literally this... Only blue coloration

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't expect they'll adapt that much .
    I wouldn't mind seeing him bitter toward someone older than him, just not his mom.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    Another oddity of this cartoon is the fact that Harry has been making BOMBS AT SCHOOL, yet no one seems to pay that any mind...like at ALL. Heck I think if Spider-Man bringing THAT to everyone's attention was the reason Harry got suspended his sudden hatred of Spider-Man would make a little more sense.
    Not liking being pulled into battle by webbing his satchel and pulling him made perfect sense for me.

Also, said bombs look like the Pumpkin Bombs from Raimi's Spider-Man, so I wonder if they are going to do the armored Goblin look from the same movie to differentiate themselves from both Ultimate's mutated Goblin, and Spectaular's rubber mask Green Goblin.
    It's likely, Crusher Hogan looks a lot like Randy Savage.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Mighty Member

Or perhaps Norman made the bombs and Harry stole them so he can examine them and find a way to prove himself to his hard to please dad.

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post
    I believe that Slott retconned it into Norman Osborn being the one who give her AIDS which is kind of goofy cause if Norman had a thing of the AIDS virus just laying around in his lair why didn't he just give it to Peter?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by WeirdSpider View Post
    I believe that Slott retconned it into Norman Osborn being the one who give her AIDS...
    I'm beginning to see why you're not a fan of my work...

...you seem to believe I've written things I've never ever, ever, ever written. :'-D

Ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Slott View Post
    I'm beginning to see why you're not a fan of my work...

...you seem to believe I've written things I've never ever, ever, ever written. :'-D

Ever.
    I got it from here.
    http://www.thegreengoblinshideout.co...tavius-history

BANNED

The legendary Ron Frenz illustrated that one. My favourite story in the Superior era (besides Nick Spencer's Superior Foes)

Quote Originally Posted by WeirdSpider View Post
    http://spiderfan.org/comics/reviews/sup_smtu/012.html

Superior Spider-Man Team-Up #12. Written by Kevin Shinick. (Who also works on the new Spidey toon.)

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    http://spiderfan.org/comics/reviews/sup_smtu/012.html

Superior Spider-Man Team-Up #12. Written by Kevin Shinick. (Who also works on the new Spidey toon.)
    Looks like I was wrong. I thought that Slott wrote that story.

Those were definitely Pumpkin Bombs.

I'm guessing either Norman steals Harry's tech or finalizes/upgrades them once he becomes the Green Goblin.

The promotional art had a very classic-looking Green Goblin but given the disparity between the designs in the promotional art and the actual show designs, it's probably not a good indicator of what the show's version of the Goblin will look like.

Amazing Member

A Somewhat spoiler for episode five. The description of the episode say, "After finding Harry not guilty, they throw a celebration for him. But, Norman wants Harry to stay at Oscorp Academy."