Page 5 of 184 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast
    Carolina Wall-Crawler Southern_Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    It's definitely in the top 10 animated shows of the 21st century. And easily Marvel's best.
    Without a doubt. Spectacular was a masterpiece.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I guess this means no more cross-overs with Avengers Assemble and GotG.
    I was wondering this myself. Seems counterintuitive for Marvel to limit the interaction animated Spidey has with their wider universe when they just gained the ability to cross-pollinate via live action.

Astonishing Member DieHard200904's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by suemorphplus209 View Post
    Spectacular Spider-Man had a tone that, IMHO, fits the character extremely well. Sure, it was teenage Peter, but I certainly enjoyed it and got a little suckered into seeing one episode after another. I definitely think it's the best animated Spider-Man of the 21st century.
    Spectacular was a gem among animated Spider-Man, without a doubt. To me, it was better than Spider-Man: The Animated Series or the short Spider-Man on MTV. I think it really hit the right notes, and it also didn't spend time making Spidey excessively dark either. I saw it as an all-ages Spider-Man, and a great way to get all sorts of people interested in the character.

Quote Originally Posted by Southern_Spider View Post
    Without a doubt. Spectacular was a masterpiece.

I was wondering this myself. Seems counterintuitive for Marvel to limit the interaction animated Spidey has with their wider universe when they just gained the ability to cross-pollinate via live action.
    It would be tough to cross-pollinate in this case because the other NYC Marvel characters are on Netflix, and the terms of the deal are that the Marvel Studios Spidey is in movies only. I guess you could ask Mike or Charlie to make a cameo in one of the live action Spider-Man movies though, if you wanted to somehow acknowledge that he is in the same MCU as the others.

Carolina Wall-Crawler Southern_Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard200904 View Post
    It would be tough to cross-pollinate in this case because the other NYC Marvel characters are on Netflix, and the terms of the deal are that the Marvel Studios Spidey is in movies only. I guess you could ask Mike or Charlie to make a cameo in one of the live action Spider-Man movies though, if you wanted to somehow acknowledge that he is in the same MCU as the others.
    I'm referring more to the fact that Downey will be appearing as Tony Stark (and possibly Iron Man) in Spider-Man: Homecoming and Spidey being a part of the bigger picture MCU in Civil War. Why disallow Spidey to run around with the Avengers in the animated universe they've built when they've just gained the ability to do so on the big screen.

No, sadly, I don't think Marvel movies and television will ever truly crossover beyond the Sam Jackson cameo in AoS and the parallel storyline during The Winter Soldier.

Quote Originally Posted by Southern_Spider View Post
    I'm referring more to the fact that Downey will be appearing as Tony Stark (and possibly Iron Man) in Spider-Man: Homecoming and Spidey being a part of the bigger picture MCU in Civil War. Why disallow Spidey to run around with the Avengers in the animated universe they've built when they've just gained the ability to do so on the big screen.

No, sadly, I don't think Marvel movies and television will ever truly crossover beyond the Sam Jackson cameo in AoS and the parallel storyline during The Winter Soldier.
    Kind of stinks, given that Spider-Man does interact with the other heroes in NYC (Luke Cage, Daredevil, etc.)

I'll miss Ultimate Spider-Man, it was getting better, and I have fun watching it.
    Personally speaking; I'm weary of the idea of bringing Spider-Man back to high school and making him learn responsibility soon after a show that started like that as about to end its run.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

I hope this new series truly does stay in tune with the source material, unlike what Ultimate Spider-Man did.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Promo art suggests Miles Morales and Spider-Gwen will have a role.

Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

bring back Spider-Man 67 for a guest appearance. Watch older fans cheer. mission accomplished.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post

Well, so much for "back-to-basics" Spider-Man cartoon. Looks like we're getting another Spider-Man team show .

This, plus Slott's involvement, leave's me feeling very apprehensive of this series...

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Apparently some new merchandise for the series is also heavily promoting all three (Peter, Miles and Gwen).
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Well, at least we might get a villainous Venom in the cartoons again (who may or may not be Brock) .

This isn’t the animation debut of Spider-Gwen and Miles Morales, however, as both previously appeared in the third season of the Ultimate Spider-Man dubbed Web Warriors.
    Er, that's not quite right. Gwen was only in season 4.

Doesn't seem very back to basics at all.

I enjoy all of these characters. I'd even like them to team up now and then. But a whole tv show of it? Spidey is supposed to be a solo act, with frequent guest stars. Not a permanent team deal.

I think it would work great, however, if the series was an anthology of sorts, with a rotating focus on a different Spidey each episode. The titular team-up can be for the season finale. Just don't make them all attend the same school.

Edit: I just noticed Peter's suit design changes. Is it too much to ask for a solid connected belt?

Quote Originally Posted by LASERlips View Post
    Doesn't seem very back to basics at all.

I enjoy all of these characters. I'd even like them to team up now and then. But a whole tv show of it? Spidey is supposed to be a solo act, with frequent guest stars. Not a permanent team deal.
    Aren't we forgetting...