Page 51 of 184 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101151 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Sounds like Grey Griffin as Black Cat. Which is so funny given all the times she's voiced Catwoman .
    I don't like to say the same thing over and over again, but god this animation is just lazy. Where are shadows? Where are light reflections? Even the way they run looks weird.

Amazing Member

This show made me hate the Jackal even more than I already do.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Congeridi View Post
    This show made me hate the Jackal even more than I already do.
    Funny how Anya seems to be the only horizon student who does not like Peter. Otto does not count because he does not like anyone and will soon become a villian. Miles treats Peter like a buddy and Gwen seems to be growing closer to Peter. But Anya seems to be almost as hostile to Peter as Harry is to Spider Man.

Amazing Member

Anya needs some character development on to why she's so salty.

Mighty Member

Otto was a jerk to Peter. Even though Peter deserved the failing grade for being late and Otto had every right to fail him. Otto could have failed Peter without being such a jerk. I get the feeling that Peter will be an unintended reason for Otto to fully turn evil. A shame they did not make Otto a mentor to Peter like the did in the 90's cartoon series and Spider Man 2.
    Last edited by rward777; 09-02-2017 at 07:25 AM.

Incredible Member SilverWarriorWolf's Avatar

Not fond of Chimera Rhino, though moving Warren more into genetic splicing might be a good way of avoiding a clone saga.

That said, I wouldn't mind Ben Reilly making an appearance, provided things don't get to crazy.

Peter seems to have no friends except for Harry. His Horizon classmates that are supposed to get spider powers over the course of the season aren't really his friends. They're his classmates. Although Miles definitely seems to be trying to be Peter's friend. And Peter had a strong friendship bonding moment with Gwen at the end of the Rhino episode.

Given the Marvel cartoons lack of romance, it makes me think they're waiting to introduce Mary Jane AFTER Harry's turn. Because Peter's going to actually need a friend of his own.

This is probably the most in-character Black Cat's been depicted in years.

Though it was really weird that she and Spidey never once flirted in this episode, though Cat wasn't really interested in him until after he had caught her at the end. But I guess I shouldn't be surprised since Marvel Animation is really averse to any kind of romance in their cartoons. She never even really called him "Spider" once in the entire episode.

I still don't really get what they're doing with Otto. So he's a teacher, but he's also a teenager, but he acts like an adult, but he also looks like a kid. It just all seems unnecessary .

So Warren is basically a fusion of Miles and his brother, since he teaches at both ESU and Midtown.

What is Anya's deal? Is she really just bothered by how much of a flake Peter seems to be? Or does it all stem from his messing with her experiment in the first episode?

The Symbiote in the 4th episode? That must be a record.

So a teenage Aleksei Sytevich (voiced by Matthew Mercer of all people) is attending Horizon High with Peter Parker and gets turned into a mutant Rhino with a giant jaw. Okay, this is starting to get ridiculous .

Is anyone really surprised that Norman Osborn is basically behind everything? Though it was kind of aproprop to reveal it after Spidey complained about everyone wanting to be his Archenemy, by revealing his actual Archenemy was basically behind everything .

Although I guess it's still ambiguous whether he told Smythe to frame Harry in the first place. But I wouldn't be surprised if he did.

So the Jackal basically created Spider-Man since he was responsible for creating the radioactive spiders. I'm surprised neither he nor Norman have realized by now that the new Spider hero in New York could be related to the experiment, though Warren seemed to be realizing it near the end there.

Why were the kids so against a dance? I get that they're scientists, but they're still teenagers. Do they not know how to have any non-science based fun?

That was a really anti-climactic end for the Jackal. Not only did Spidey not actually beat him, but we barely have any idea what he did to himself, why he did it, and what his actual motivations were beyond, apparently, getting a job. I appreciated that the show was building him up as a villain but then he kind of went out with a whimper in this episode.

So wait, if Warren's in jail, who's going to take care of Gwen? She's still a minor, and Warren seemed to be the only family she had. Where's Captain Stacy? What is with Gwen's family situation on this show?

Mighty Member

Yeah, I thought they rushed the whole development with Warren/Jackal and Gwen. That felt like a reveal that should've been happened later, as we see more of Gwen and her relationship with her uncle.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Peter seems to have no friends except for Harry. His Horizon classmates that are supposed to get spider powers over the course of the season aren't really his friends. They're his classmates. Although Miles definitely seems to be trying to be Peter's friend. And Peter had a strong friendship bonding moment with Gwen at the end of the Rhino episode.
    That was a problem with USM as well. Peter's team was obnoxious to him the entire time, yet by the time the season finale hit, we're supposed to buy that they're a family and care about each other. I hope this show rectifies that.

BANNED

So wait, if Warren's in jail, who's going to take care of Gwen? She's still a minor, and Warren seemed to be the only family she had. Where's Captain Stacy? What is with Gwen's family situation on this show?
    Maybe they are going to go the route of Peter and Gwen having a sibling like relationship, Gwen moving in with Peter and Aunt May maybe...happened when her father died in the Ultimate Universe (and they still had a romantic relationship eventually, although it grossed their friends out and it fizzled out because Peter loved MJ more)

Do we even know if there's going to be an MJ in this series?

Quote Originally Posted by GamerSlyRatchet View Post
    That was a problem with USM as well. Peter's team was obnoxious to him the entire time, yet by the time the season finale hit, we're supposed to buy that they're a family and care about each other. I hope this show rectifies that.
    I could buy Miles and Gwen as Peter's friends. But they never hang out socially. Anya comes across really badly in this show.

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Do we even know if there's going to be an MJ in this series?
    Anna Watson exists. We heard Aunt May say her name on the phone.

Wasn't there a panel somewhere and the producers said MJ would appear?
    Last edited by Kevinroc; 09-03-2017 at 10:56 AM.

BANNED

Yeah, they told a kid at comicon that MJ would appear.

I could buy Miles and Gwen as Peter's friends. But they never hang out socially. Anya comes across really badly in this show.
    Anya feels like she has all the worst traits of Sajani and 90's Deb Whitman where they're always giving Peter a hard time for vague reasons.

Then we saw her applying for Osborn Academy despite going to Horizon to "cover her bases" which is such a Sajani move.
    Anna Watson exists. We heard Aunt May say her name on the phone.

It was such a casual and small confirmation though .

I don't think they've ever explicitly said, "yes MJ will appear," but that they confirmed among a group of Spider-Man characters including Mary Jane that they would all appear "at some point" in the show.

Take from that what you will.

Anya feels like she has all the worst traits of Sajani and 90's Deb Whitman where they're always giving Peter a hard time for vague reasons.

Then we saw her applying for Osborn Academy despite going to Horizon to "cover her bases" which is such a Sajani move.
    Is it too late to write Anya out and replace her with someone more pleasant?

It was such a casual and small confirmation though .

I don't think they've ever explicitly said, "yes MJ will appear," but that they confirmed among a group of Spider-Man characters including Mary Jane that they would all appear "at some point" in the show.

Take from that what you will.
    Even without that small confirmation, I would question why they would name drop Anna Watson if they were never going to introduce MJ. But as I said before, I'm not expecting her for some time. Probably season 2.