Page 52 of 184 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102152 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Is it too late to write Anya out and replace her with someone more pleasant?
    I imagine she'll get better once she becomes Spider-Girl and learns Peter's Spider-Man.

That being said, I would not be against more Black Cat .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I imagine she'll get better once she becomes Spider-Girl and learns Peter's Spider-Man.
    That's not going to be until near the end of the season, right?

Sigh...

(I'm the type that didn't like Asuka in Evangelion. (And yes, I've seen Eva and I know why Asuka had such problems. Don't care.))

That being said, I would not be against more Black Cat .
    We're not going to get Spider-Felicia. I was thinking of, like, Silk.

Sigh...

(I'm the type that didn't like Asuka in Evangelion. (And yes, I've seen Eva and I know why Asuka had such problems. Don't care.))
    Miles is getting his powers in episode 10, which isn't that far off from now.

I don't think Anya will be much later, though maybe Gwen will come after Miles.

We're not going to get Spider-Felicia. I was thinking of, like, Silk.
    I know we're not getting SpiderCat, I'd just still like to see more of Felicia on the show .

But it would be totally like Marvel to ignore Black Cat in favor of other characters like Silk, or to use her to prop up other Spiders rather then have her actually interact with Spider-Man .

Probably more likely we'll see Silk and Black Cat's partnership adapted rather then actually get to see Peter develop any kind of relationship with her. (Sigh)

BANNED

Sigh...

She's a delight in Girlfriend of Steel

Miles is getting his powers in episode 10, which isn't that far off from now.

I don't think Anya will be much later, though maybe Gwen will come after Miles.
    Figured the order would be Miles, Gwen, Anya.

I know we're not getting SpiderCat, I'd just still like to see more of Felicia on the show .

But it would be totally like Marvel to ignore Black Cat in favor of other characters like Silk, or to use her to prop up other Spiders rather then have her actually interact with Spider-Man.

Probably more likely we'll see Silk and Black Cat's partnership adapted rather then actually get to see Peter develop any kind of relationship with her. (Sigh)
    When I said Spider-Felicia, I meant a Spider-powered Felicia.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    She's a delight in Girlfriend of Steel
    It's not like I'm against the more intense characters in more mature works. I liked Chizu in the Bokurano manga, and she could be described (charitably) as a psychopath.

But it would be totally like Marvel to ignore Black Cat in favor of other characters like Silk, or to use her to prop up other Spiders rather then have her actually interact with Spider-Man .

If Ultimate Spider-Man is anything to go by, new heroes will come in with each new season, and I can certainly see that being season 2 material. Anya's currently in limbo, so Cindy's similar status wouldn't be an obstacle, and besides, didn't Slott create her? He's a consultant on this show, isn't he?

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    If Ultimate Spider-Man is anything to go by, new heroes will come in with each new season, and I can certainly see that being season 2 material. Anya's currently in limbo, so Cindy's similar status wouldn't be an obstacle, and besides, didn't Slott create her? He's a consultant on this show, isn't he?
    I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they try and throw in as many Spider-people as they can with this series.

Anya feels like she has all the worst traits of Sajani and 90's Deb Whitman where they're always giving Peter a hard time for vague reasons.

Then we saw her applying for Osborn Academy despite going to Horizon to "cover her bases" which is such a Sajani move.
    Captura de pantalla 2017-09-03 a las 18.21.47.jpg

Now that you've seen that, you cannot unsee it.

She's a punchless joke. The dynamic should be "she loves Spider-Man but can't stand Peter". She's supposed to be the Flash Thompson equivalent of Peter's high school life, leaning more towards a "jerk with a heart of gold", but so far leaving the "heart" part for later, I guess? As a joke, it worked in the Horizon High episode, taking a selfie with Spidey, only to immediately get mad at Peter for disappearing. But that's really the only interaction there has been with Spidey so far, making the whole interaction completely unbalanced. It's getting there, I guess, in the Sandman episode she's the first one to get worried about Peter during Sandman's attack.

BTW, the Sandman episode is really good. By far my favorite episode of the series so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post

Oh wow, it's scary how much this fits .

She's a punchless joke. The dynamic should be "she loves Spider-Man but can't stand Peter". She's supposed to be the Flash Thompson equivalent of Peter's high school life, leaning more towards a "jerk with a heart of gold", but so far leaving the "heart" part for later, I guess? As a joke, it worked in the Horizon High episode, taking a selfie with Spidey, only to immediately get mad at Peter for disappearing. But that's really the only interaction there has been with Spidey so far, making the whole interaction completely unbalanced. It's getting there, I guess, in the Sandman episode she's the first one to get worried about Peter during Sandman's attack.
    I never thought of it before, but when you put it that way Anya does basically sound like the show's equivalent to Flash, only without being a bully and with Flash still being around on this show (albeit in a much more minor role then usual).

Kinda also fits, synergy-wise, since they turned Flash into more of an academic rival for Peter in the MCU rather then a jock bully like he always is (and is still in this cartoon).

BTW, the Sandman episode is really good. By far my favorite episode of the series so far.
    Cool! Can't wait to see it .

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post

I assume Anya will get furious with Peter when he turns up.

Are we ever going to see Rhino again now that Aleksei's been cured? There doesn't seem to be much they can do with this mutant version of him and I doubt we're going to see this "fun-loving" Aleksei again unless it's in a crowd shot. It seemed like he was only in here so they could just say they had Rhino and give Spidey an actual win (since Gwen beat The Jackal, basically).

And at this point I don't think I'm going to be surprised what random, de-aged, characters we see popping up on this show. Then again, I still didn't see this version of Rhino coming .

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

Where exactly on Disney XD are the full episodes? So far, all I can find are clips, many from Ultimate Spider-Man.
    "I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."

Mighty Member

I wonder if in the future spider island storyline Gwen and/or Anya will figure out Peter's secret the same way Carlie Cooper did in the asm version of spider island.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by rward777 View Post
    I wonder if in the future spider island storyline Gwen and/or Anya will figure out Peter's secret the same way Carlie Cooper did in the asm version of spider island.
    Why do we care about Carlie again?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Why do we care about Carlie again?
    I was just making a comparison.