Page 57 of 184 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167107157 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    I'm not familiar at all with it, but there's a chance that you may need an account/a cable TV provider of some sort.
    I know CN needs you to list your cable provider to watch full episodes on their website.

From a closed perspective, maybe, but I disagree about it not making any sense. It's not the first time that the Symbiote is introduced respectively early. On another note, for writers wishing to use it, they aren't going to have compunctions about waiting around for an arbitrary time to do so.
    True, though usually we get at least a little more time with Spidey before we get into the whole Symbiote Saga so it feels like we've gotten a better feel for Spider-Man and his world before the Symbiote gets involved.

Maybe it'll work for this show or maybe it won't. Time will tell...

Bingo! Hit the nail on the head.

Being friends and sometimes even acquaintances with Peter Parker is an exercise in suffering for the other party. It's easy to forget that due to Pete being the hero we generally are intended to sympathize with, but looking at it from the other side, unbiasedly, reactions of "Peter's a frustrating flake" are entirely valid, and technically, accurate. It's the trade-off of heroes who keep secret identities and who lie to those closest to them.
    I get that, but again it seems like Anya has had it out for him since day one.

Honestly, Harry's reaction to Peter's flakiness feels more genuine and understandable compared to Anya. But Harry is actually Peter's friend so there's more meaning to it compared to Anya, who's been abrasive to him from the start.

I'm confused at to why that's even gripe-worth in the first place, honestly.
    I guess because it just feels really unnecessary. Particularly for certain characters.

Bold is very true.

I notice a lot of people don't realize this. It's a kind of "reality is unrealistic" kind of deal. In fact, this is why in live-action series, a lot of times, 20 somethings, and even early 30 somethings, will often be cast to play teenagers, and generally get away with doing so successfully.
    I think that it's a very different deal for animation.

I mean, we've got adults voicing teenagers, but they're pretty clearly teenagers on the show and the designs are meant to convey that rather then the actors' "youth" or lack thereof playing a part in the casting since it ultimately falls to their voice to convey that part.

Obviously with Scott Menville in the role they are going for a much younger take on Otto Octavius for this universe.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I know CN needs you to list your cable provider to watch full episodes on their website.

True, though usually we get at least a little more time with Spidey before we get into the whole Symbiote Saga so it feels like we've gotten a better feel for Spider-Man and his world before the Symbiote gets involved.

Maybe it'll work for this show or maybe it won't. Time will tell...

I get that, but again it seems like Anya has had it out for him since day one.

Honestly, Harry's reaction to Peter's flakiness feels more genuine and understandable compared to Anya. But Harry is actually Peter's friend so there's more meaning to it compared to Anya, who's been abrasive to him from the start.

I guess because it just feels really unnecessary. Particularly for certain characters.

I think that it's different for animation.

I mean, we've got adults voicing teenagers, but they're pretty clearly teenagers on the show and the designs are meant to convey that rather then the actors' "youth" or lack thereof playing a part in the casting since it ultimately falls to their voice to convey that part.

Obviously with Scott Menville in the role they are going for a much younger take on Otto Octavius for this universe.
    Anya is just a classmate with a bad attitude and is only mad at Peter because he used her invention to put out a fire. I suspect that the moisture equation Peter solved stumped Anya and it does not sit well with her.
    Last edited by rward777; 09-12-2017 at 10:58 AM.

Episodes for October:

Halloween Moon - October 7th.

Spider-Man on Ice - October 14th.

Venom - October 21st.

Halloween Moon would fit better three weeks later, surely?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Episodes for October:

Halloween Moon - October 7th.

Spider-Man on Ice - October 14th.

Venom - October 21st.
    Yuri on Ice parody
    We need better comics

Incredible Member

I liked seeing Jackel on the show. I kinda felt that that seeing the revealing of the Jackal's identity to Spidey, Gwen, and the others was way to quick. I thought maybe like The Flash tv show, like having Wells being revealed as Thawne/Reverse Flash to the audience, but the characters on the show slowly. I think it could have been a good arc.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister BoMan View Post
    I liked seeing Jackel on the show. I kinda felt that that seeing the revealing of the Jackal's identity to Spidey, Gwen, and the others was way to quick. I thought maybe like The Flash tv show, like having Wells being revealed as Thawne/Reverse Flash to the audience, but the characters on the show slowly. I think it could have been a good arc.
    I definitely feel like they could have drawn out the Jackal arc longer, especially since his fight with Spidey felt so anti-climactic to me and there's still a lot we don't know about Warren and his relationship with Gwen.

But I think Norman is going to be the Thawne/Reverse-Flash of this season.

Sandgirl
    We need better comics

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    Sandgirl
    Why am I not surprised that it seems like they'll be making her more of a villain then Sandman is ?

Seriously though, "Daddy Sandman" looks so weird.

Yeah, in the comics, Sandman has heel face turned a couple of times - he's even an ex-Avenger. He's definitely not the most evil villain in Spidey's rogues gallery!

BANNED

Sandman is the Big Show of comics

Congrats to you if you get that

Mighty Member

I saw the sandman ep and Anya, Gwen, and Miles seem even more obsessed with science than Peter to the point of Peter looking like a normal teen compared to those three. I guess while Peter has had to deal with real world problems, Anya, Miles, and Gwen seems more sheltered in the lives of kid geniuses. Take Coney Island for instance. While Peter was having fun those three acted like it was a foreign concept to them. Unlike Peter, they never had an Uncle Ben to keep them grounded in real life.
    Last edited by rward777; 09-16-2017 at 04:47 AM.

Amazing Member

What does everyone think about the "Stark Expo" episode?

Incredible Member SilverWarriorWolf's Avatar

So...yeah. Just finished the Symbiote episode. It was the worst portrayal of the Symbiote Saga yet. Yes, that is including Spider-Man 3.

At least I have Spectacular on DVD.