Page 67 of 184 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869707177117167 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 2750
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, but the reason she sees Peter as a slacker is because he's always late, partially because of him being Spidey. Her reaction to the truth will definitely be interesting to see.
    How upset do you think Gwen will be when she learns Peter's secret?

Quote Originally Posted by rward777 View Post
    Gwen seems to disapprove of Spidey keeping a secret identity. I wonder if it leads to her being upset with Peter when she learns the truth. I think the truth will shock Anya the most since she admires Spidey while seeing Peter as a slacker.
    Does she really admire Spidey? I know it was mentioned in an interview with her VA, but I think we've only actually seen it once.

At least with Flash, in his two major appearances, it's obvious he's a major fan of Spider-Man.
    Yeah, but the reason she sees Peter as a slacker is because he's always late, partially because of him being Spidey. Her reaction to the truth will definitely be interesting to see.
    That and she just generally doesn't seem to like him .

Astonishing Member

Some of you may have already notice it, but just in case, you should know that this new series is doing something USM did too: Mixing up characters. Ater seeing this series' version of Kraven the Hunter, it has been quite obvious. Check this:

1º) This Kraven the Hunter is clearly Sergei Kravinoff, although it has more in common with his Ultimate version in the comics (Reality tv show) than the classic version. But he also has elements from other characters who used the mantle. Basically, two of his sons.
    + Alyosha Kravinoff, MUTANT son of Sergei. This Kraven clearly has the look (face, hair, beard... etc) from his son Alyosha. He also has some of his attitude, as he wanted a hollywood carreer too. So it matchs with a reality tv-show.
    + Vladimir Kavinoff, better known as the Grim Hunter. The part of the robotic arm comes from this son of Sergei Kravinoff.

2º) The debut of SandGirl really surprised me at first, but then I noticed that she's actually based on another Marvel character less known.
    + Quicksand, this is a woman who suffered a similar accident than Sandman and adquired powers an abilities similar to Flint Marko's ones. She's basically an enemy of Thor, but she hasn't appeared many times in the comics.

3º) And like I said, the character of Anya Corazon/Spider-Girl is also a mixture of characters in the end. She's basically based on Anya in her "state" of Spider-Girl, but her costume has been altered to avoid similarities with Venom. She could also has her carapace from her Araña's state. About her costume, think of this:
    + Her costume clearly has traces from Silk's (Cindy Moon) most recent suit, the one she used in her last issues. Mainly black with the torso zone white and white lines in both arms and legs.

This is not officially confirmed, but I also found a rumor about the future debut of the Spider Queen for an animated version of "Spider-Island". Only she will also had traces from Charlotte Witter, the evil Spider-Woman created by Doc Ock. (It would suit perfectly, if you ask me).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by blackspidey2099 View Post
    Yeah, I don't mind Peter having less powers if he can use his intelligence to make up for that. If they just make Peter the weakest, though, that would suck (kinda like how they made Wally faster than Barry in the CW Flash show, but Barry is more experienced and has other speedforce related powers).

Wally was faster than Barry in the comics though.....in fact a lot of the things attributed to Barry in the comics/tv/cartoons now are from Wally

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    3º) And like I said, the character of Anya Corazon/Spider-Girl is also a mixture of characters in the end. She's basically based on Anya in her "state" of Spider-Girl, but her costume has been altered to avoid similarities with Venom. She could also has her carapace from her Araña's state. About her costume, think of this:
    + Her costume clearly has traces from Silk's (Cindy Moon) most recent suit, the one she used in her last issues. Mainly black with the torso zone white and white lines in both arms and legs.
    You mean the Silkworm costume, rather than Cindy's normal one?

Quote Originally Posted by Smoov-E View Post
    Wally was faster than Barry in the comics though.....in fact a lot of the things attributed to Barry in the comics/tv/cartoons now are from Wally
    Not as Kid Flash, like he was on the show.

That was probably why the creators made Wally naturally more faster then Barry there.
    If only for branding, I expect they'll probably still use some variant of Cindy's main costume from the comics.

For Cindy, they would, yeah. Ursaling was saying that Anya's costume took elements from one of Cindy's. The one from the last few issues. There was only two more issues after Clone Conspiracy, so it sounds like they meant the Silkworm costume that's on that cover.

They seriously have to fix the animation. It's horrible that Miles looks blurry in his costume half the time.
    "What about wheatcakes next time?"-Peter
    "Wheatcakes are yucky."-Annie

Quote Originally Posted by Aruran. View Post
    They seriously have to fix the animation. It's horrible that Miles looks blurry in his costume half the time.
    Not to mention how clunky the character animation can be sometimes.

But this has been a problem for Marvel Animation since 2013, when they started doing more of their animation in-house.

Animation can be:

1: Cheap
    2: Quick
    3: Quality

Pick two.

(Editing for clarification.)
    Last edited by Kevinroc; 10-01-2017 at 07:54 PM.

The animation is shit but I'm still digging the show
    We need better comics

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Animation can be:

1: Cheap
    2: Quick
    3: Good

Pick two.
    Don't some of these run counter to each other ?
    Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    The animation is shit but I'm still digging the show
    Same here .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Don't some of these run counter to each other ?
    Not really. Cheaply produced animation does not necessarily mean bad animation. It's the combination of cheap + quick that can result in bad animation. It's just that cheap + good (or quality) can take a lot of time. And schedules being what they are, there may not be that time.

It's basically the issue with Dragon Ball Super's animation.

What really really bugs me about the animation is why don't characters have shadows and light reflections on their bodies? It makes them look flat.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    If only for branding, I expect they'll probably still use some variant of Cindy's main costume from the comics.
    For Cindy, they would, yeah. Ursaling was saying that Anya's costume took elements from one of Cindy's. The one from the last few issues. There was only two more issues after Clone Conspiracy, so it sounds like they meant the Silkworm costume that's on that cover.
    (*Facepalm*) No, no, no!!!! I said the last costume Cindy used as Silk, not her Silkworm's costume. Let's make a review, because it seems you didn't pick up on details.

+ Silk 1.0: Cindy's very first costume, which she wore right after coming out of her bunker. It was basically Cindy covering herself with webs. (Very lame).
    + Silk 2.0: Cindy's second costume, which she wore once she realized the first one was quite ridiculous. White costume with webs, black boots with spider-legs' designs, black arms and no gloves. This is the outfit she wore during the whole Spider-verse arc.
    + Silk 3.0: Cindy's third and final costume as Silk. This is the costume she wore for the rest of her appearances in the comics, both volumes of Silk AND her other appearances in other comics. Black suit with white torso in webs, with white lines in her arms and legs.
    + Silkworm: Special suit used to cover her identity while in San Francisco during the Clone Conspiracy. (Quite lame, as she simply looked like a ninja).

The costume I'm saying that they took elements to mix with Anya's suit as Spider-Girl was "Silk 3.0", the one she used for most of her carreer; before AND after the new Secret Wars.