Page 73 of 184 FirstFirst ... 236369707172737475767783123173 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 2750

Isn't it more that Eddie's grudge against Spidey can't be faithfully adapted when Peter isn't working for the Bugle?

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    You know I've noticed we haven't seen Eddie or his more stalker/mindgames-esque version of Venom animated since Spectacular. To the point that the Symbiote itself is "Venom" rather than a joint collaboration between two beings with a grudge. Does Marvel Animation secretly have a grudge against poor Eddie?
    I don't think they have a grudge against classic Venom.

I think it's more that their plans for Venom usually entail using characters they don't want to turn into as much of an obsessed villain as classic Venom was (with Harry and Flash who both ended up becoming heroes in USM).

But I think we might eventually see a resurgence for Brock in the cartoons now that he's Venom again in the comics. Or not, you never know .

Though I also don't think we've gotten the show's "true" Venom yet. Precisely because no one's been able to properly wield or control the Symbiote yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Isn't it more that Eddie's grudge against Spidey can't be faithfully adapted when Peter isn't working for the Bugle?
    Brock wasn't with the Bugle in Spec.

You don't really need to have them both in that setting, you just have to get Brock to a point where he blames Peter Parker and Spider-Man for all his problems by the time the Symbiote latches onto him.

Astonishing Member

I really don't think Eddie Brock will appear in this series. Maybe Venom will appear as a villain, with Flash Thompson unable to control it, until we get Carnage. Then, Flash will become Agent Venom.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    I really don't think Eddie Brock will appear in this series. Maybe Venom will appear as a villain, with Flash Thompson unable to control it, until we get Carnage. Then, Flash will become Agent Venom.
    I dunno, I didn't get the sense they were moving in the direction of Agent Venom with Flash with how they handled him with the Symbiote.

Of course, we also probably have a bunch of other Spider-Heroes incoming so that begs the question of whether we really need Flash to become Agent Venom on this show.

There were other Spider heroes in seasons 3 and 4 of Ultimate too.

I wonder how many episodes they have made already because I remember seeing some leaks that looked like they came from this story line.

Should be 20something.

Unless they count the origin shorts together as one episode, we should be up to 19 episodes by the end of the fourth part.

That leaves roundabout 6-7 episodes for Gwen and Anya getting their powers, the debut of the Green Goblin, Mary Jane's proper debut, and Spider-Island, assuming all that happens by the end of season 1 (I think Spider-Island is the only definite).

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Unless they count the origin shorts together as one episode, we should be up to 19 episodes by the end of the fourth part.

That leaves roundabout 6-7 episodes for Gwen and Anya getting their powers, the debut of the Green Goblin, Mary Jane's proper debut, and Spider-Island, assuming all that happens by the end of season 1 (I think Spider-Island is the only definite).
    They do count the origins shorts together as one episode. They're bundled together under the production code as "103."

Are we expecting Mary Jane to get a "proper debut"? Are we expecting Spider-Island this season?

I thought Gwen and Anya getting powers and the Green Goblin were what we could expect given promotional materials.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    They do count the origins shorts together as one episode. They're bundled together under the production code as "103."
    Ah, got it. So I think that just leaves about 6 episodes left of the first season.

Are we expecting Mary Jane to get a "proper debut"? Are we expecting Spider-Island this season?
    When they go to the trouble of hiding her in a mascot costume, I expect we'll see Mary Jane make a bigger and more significant debut at some point.

All the stuff with Jackal and Norman preparing for a Spider-Army seems like it's going to come to ahead at some point, and they've been explicit about Spider-Island happening, so I'm expecting Spider-Island will be the season finale storyline.

I thought Gwen and Anya getting powers and the Green Goblin were what we could expect given promotional materials.
    I think we are going to get those at some point, I'm just not sure when.

But I wouldn't be surprised if Anya and Gwen getting their powers and the debut of the Green Goblin are all connected to Spider-Island.

When they go to the trouble of hiding her in a mascot costume, I expect we'll see Mary Jane make a bigger and more significant debut at some point.

All the stuff with Jackal and Norman preparing for a Spider-Army seems like it's going to come to ahead at some point, and they've been explicit about Spider-Island happening, so I'm expecting Spider-Island will be the season finale storyline.

I think we are going to get those at some point, I'm just not sure when.

But I wouldn't be surprised if Anya and Gwen getting their powers and the debut of the Green Goblin are all connected to Spider-Island.
    If we're getting a four parter to introduce Doctor Octopus, it's hard for me to see Spider-Island and the debut of the Green Goblin (along with Gwen and Anya getting powers) all happening in the remaining episodes of the first season.

As far as Mary Jane, given the way the show does handle foreshadowing, I can see her having a more significant role in season 2.

If we're getting a four parter to introduce Doctor Octopus, it's hard for me to see Spider-Island and the debut of the Green Goblin (along with Gwen and Anya getting powers) all happening in the remaining episodes of the first season.
    I think Spider-Island is definitely going to be the story they use to cap the first season on. It would also probably provide a fast means of giving Gwen and Anya their powers, or at least one of them.

I could see the Green Goblin being created as a response to Spider-Island, but he (whichever Osborn he is) will likely not be a major antagonist for Spider-Man until season 2.

As far as Mary Jane, given the way the show does handle foreshadowing, I can see her having a more significant role in season 2.
    I expect, even if Mary Jane does make her debut this season, we probably won't see her in a major role until season 2.

I think Spider-Island is definitely going to be the story they use to cap the first season on. It would also probably provide a fast means of giving Gwen and Anya their powers, or at least one of them.

I could see the Green Goblin being created as a response to Spider-Island, but he (whichever Osborn he is) will likely not be a major antagonist for Spider-Man until season 2.
    We don't have Green Goblin. We don't have the Lizard. We're getting a four-parter with Doctor Octopus. I know this is all fan speculation, but I think I need official word to really believe we are getting Spider-Island in season 1.

I expect, even if Mary Jane does make her debut this season, we probably won't see her in a major role until season 2.
    She's sort of made her debut already.

We don't have Green Goblin. We don't have the Lizard. We're getting a four-parter with Doctor Octopus. I know this is all fan speculation, but I think I need official word to really believe we are getting Spider-Island in season 1.
    Actually, we should be getting Lizard soon. I've seen an image of him from an unaired episode (over here that is) floating around, though I doubt it's from one of the Doc Ock episodes.

They've mentioned at conventions and interviews that Spider-Island is going to happen. It seems like the logical conclusion to what the Jackal is doing and how Osborn's endgame is preparing to counter what Warren is doing.
    She's sort of made her debut already.
    Hence my emphasis on "proper" debut .