Page 75 of 184 FirstFirst ... 256571727374757677787985125175 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,125 of 2750
    Astonishing Member

Spider-Boy was an Amalgam character.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    Yeah, negative connotations and just overall lazy and unimaginative names it's a bad combo.
    Yeah, I think they should avoid that name for the character at all costs. Because of forum rules, and decency, I won't say anything else.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Actually, we should be getting Lizard soon. I've seen an image of him from an unaired episode (over here that is) floating around, though I doubt it's from one of the Doc Ock episodes.

Um, spoilers:
    it's actually from "The Rise of Doc Ock, Part 2".
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Spider-Boy was an Amalgam character.
    Yeah, combination of Peter Parker and Conner Kent Superboy. Name shared with DC, so unusable.

Quote Originally Posted by GamerSlyRatchet View Post
    Um, spoilers:
    it's actually from "The Rise of Doc Ock, Part 2".
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Well, I stand corrected then .

I hope they do Connors justice and he's not just secondary to the Doc Ock stuff then.
    end of spoilers

I could not help but notice Peter and Gwen made googly eyes at each other after Peter said something like "perhaps what I was missing was you" once Gwen helped him crack an encryption code he was having trouble with. They gave off a serious puppy love type of vibe during that interaction. This occurred during the events of "Screwball Live". I wonder as a fan of PeterxGwen (mainly based upon their excellent rendition in the Amazing Spider-Man film series), could it be too much to hope for a little romance between the pair in a mainstream Spidey cartoon? Time will tell I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    ]I could not help but notice Peter and Gwen made googly eyes at each other after Peter said something like "perhaps what I was missing was you" once Gwen helped him crack an encryption code he was having trouble with. They gave off a serious puppy love type of vibe during that interaction. This occurred during the events of "Screwball Live". I wonder as a fan of PeterxGwen (mainly based upon their excellent rendition in the Amazing Spider-Man film series), could it be too much to hope for a little romance between the pair in a mainstream Spidey cartoon? Time will tell I guess.
    That scene felt so odd given how much the Marvel cartoons eschew showing or focusing on romance.

Like, how are we supposed to read that? It didn't really sound completely platonic .

Also found it odd that Gwen didn't find it suspicious that Peter had something belonging to a known crime boss.

BANNED

could it be too much to hope for a little romance between the pair in a mainstream Spidey cartoon? Time will tell I guess.
    Well, you had that in Spectacular Spider-Man too a decade ago, so I wouldn't rule it out

(Still hoping MJ appears to shake that up a bit if it happens)

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That scene felt so odd given how much the Marvel cartoons eschew showing or focusing on romance.

Like, how are we supposed to read that? It didn't really sound completely platonic .

Also found it odd that Gwen didn't find it suspicious that Peter had something belonging to a known crime boss.
    Knowing how smart Gwen is supposed to be in this show, she probably already knows Peter is Spidey

Incredible Member SilverWarriorWolf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, combination of Peter Parker and Conner Kent Superboy. Name shared with DC, so unusable.
    Actually, he was a combo of Ben Reilly and Conner Kent. The Peter analog died.

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Knowing how smart Gwen is supposed to be in this show, she probably already knows Peter is Spidey
    All the kids are smart on this show, including Harry, yet none of them seem to have figured it out.

I wonder as a fan of PeterxGwen (mainly based upon their excellent rendition in the Amazing Spider-Man film series)
    Stalking is love.

(Also, nothing says romantic like promising a dying man that you'll stay away from his daughter and then she dies because of you ignored that promise.)

[QUOTE=Kevinroc;3297368]Stalking is love.

(Also, nothing says romantic like promising a dying man that you'll stay away from his daughter and then she dies because of you ignored that promise.)

[/QUOT, ]

Hey, we all have our faults.

But seriously, I still enjoyed them together. I felt Gwen was given far more agency in the films than the earlier comics.

PS We all have our own favorite ship or ships. Just because I like a pairing does not mean others do. I respect that and try to remain polite.
    Last edited by Celgress; 12-08-2017 at 12:47 PM.

Hey, we all have our faults.

But seriously, I still enjoyed them together. I felt Gwen was given far more agency in the films than the earlier comics.

PS We all have our own favorite ship or ships. Just because I like a pairing does not mean others do. I respect that and try to remain polite.
    You should be able to laugh about your "ship." Just be glad I didn't make any neck snapping jokes.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    You should be able to laugh about your "ship." Just be glad I didn't make any neck snapping jokes.
    Perhaps, though that is kind of funny. In a perverse sort of way.