Page 78 of 184 FirstFirst ... 286874757677787980818288128178 ... LastLast
Results 1,156 to 1,170 of 2750
    Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Look it up as Spider-Man 2017 TV. That should get you the right results. The Wikipedia article is called Spider-Man (2017 TV series) for example.

Like Gwen, Anya will also keep her powers.
    True, thanks. I'm gonna try catching up soon.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    If that info is correct, then Harry will learn Peter's secret while the girls will remain clueless. Seems like Peter will not trust Gwen and Anya even after they gain spider powers.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I hope you enjoy it .

Mighty Member

SO I’ve heard that this show along with Avengers Assemble, and Guardians of the Galaxy are ending. While I haven’t been watching, it feels like this show just started. It wouldn’t be the first time Marvel cancelled cartoons due to a change in business logic. I’m guessing this has something to do with the acquisition of X Men and Fantastic Four.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    SO I’ve heard that this show along with Avengers Assemble, and Guardians of the Galaxy are ending. While I haven’t been watching, it feels like this show just started. It wouldn’t be the first time Marvel cancelled cartoons due to a change in business logic. I’m guessing this has something to do with the acquisition of X Men and Fantastic Four.
    I'd be lying if I said I wasn't bummed at the thought that we finally get a more traditional Spider-Man cartoon and it's canceled quicker then Spectacular was .

So how's the quality of this cartoon? From some scenes I've seen, it looks pretty bland, does it get better with time?

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    So how's the quality of this cartoon? From some scenes I've seen, it looks pretty bland, does it get better with time?
    The animation quality is hit-and-miss and certainly nothing to write home about, but writing-wise I think it's pretty solid for the most part (especially by Marvel Animation standards).

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'd be lying if I said I wasn't bummed at the thought that we finally get a more traditional Spider-Man cartoon and it's canceled quicker then Spectacular was .
    Spectacular also had two seasons, and this show will still have double the amount of episodes that had, so I wouldn't be THAT bummed either.

Here's the actual source on this.
    Last edited by GamerSlyRatchet; 01-07-2018 at 10:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GamerSlyRatchet View Post
    Spectacular also had two seasons, and this show will still have double the amount of episodes that had, so I wouldn't be THAT bummed either.
    52 episodes is pretty respectable, though at the same time still seems fairly early to be ending a show that quickly on.

I mean, if USM could get 4-seasons, I'm not sure why the current cartoon can't get that kind of support.
    Here's the actual source on this.
    With all three shows ending/going on hiatus and layoffs happening, I'm guessing there's a major restructuring of Marvel Animation going on.

That smells like bull to me, as we already know about the next seasons of both Avengers and Guardians.

They'd also be axing three shows with only one replacement immediately available - that Disk Wars anime from a few years ago (Future Avengers would need dubbing but DW is already done for the Asian market).

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That smells like bull to me, as we already know about the next seasons of both Avengers and Guardians.
    Production might pretty much be over for those seasons though, or they're the final seasons.

I think the third season of Guardians was already well into production by the time it was officially announced.

Astonishing Member

They better don't dare to finish the new Spider-Man's cartoon so soon!! I mean, they ended up "Ultimate Spider-Man" with a few more potential stories to use to start a new series; and just when the series is starting to get good (with Spider-Island and Norman becoming the Green Goblin), they dare to end it!!! What kind of imbeciles are in charge of this stuff, anyway?!!!!

Anyway, maybe we shouldn't get to conclussions so soon. I remember there was a similar announcement back after "Avengers Assemble" and "Ultimate Spider-Man" Seasons 2; only to continue the next Seasons with different names: "Avengers: Ultron Revolution" and "Ultimate Spider-Man: Web Warriors". So maybe, and it better be it, this is an announcement of the end of these seasons to start something new in the next ones. (They better be the case, because I'm not going to accept they put an end to "Marvel's Spider-Man" just when is getting really good).

Mighty Member

It's not the first time a show was cancelled just as it started. Beware the Batman was already doomed and was pulled after only 11 episodes, and that has half the episodes this show does.

At least those shows still have a whole other season worth of content to air, each. This show isn't even done yet, so it'll take a while to reach that point.

Lightbulb

If the show is canceled, my only hope is that the next inevitable Spider-Man cartoon series will be more in the vein of Spectacular and Spider-Man (the 1990s' series) rather than another team based outing.
    Last edited by Celgress; 01-07-2018 at 05:18 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Although, it does seem that it's getting cancelled, part of the final work they're doing is in the second season. There's gonna be a second season, but it's probably gonna be the last.