Page 79 of 184 FirstFirst ... 296975767778798081828389129179 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,185 of 2750

Quote Originally Posted by GamerSlyRatchet View Post
    It's not the first time a show was cancelled just as it started. Beware the Batman was already doomed and was pulled after only 11 episodes, and that has half the episodes this show does.

At least those shows still have a whole other season worth of content to air, each. This show isn't even done yet, so it'll take a while to reach that point.
    At least their you could chalk it up to how CN treats DC action cartoons. Disney is usually a little fairer to their Marvel cartoons.

The fact that this is happening to all the shows, on-top of their being layoffs, just tells me that something is going on at the top.
    Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    If the show is canceled, my only hope is that the next inevitable Spider-Man cartoon series will be more in the vein of Spectacular and Spider-Man (the 1990s' series) rather than another team based outing.
    And with better animation.

If the show's ending, my immediate reaction is, "Eh, not a great loss."

I mean, I like it. It's decent. I'll be glad if it stays. But even at it's best, it's nothing to write home about. So I'm not going to be bummed if it gets canned.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    If the show's ending, my immediate reaction is, "Eh, not a great loss."

I mean, I like it. It's decent. I'll be glad if it stays. But even at it's best, it's nothing to write home about. So I'm not going to be bummed if it gets canned.
    I certainly wouldn't say it's my favorite Spider-Man cartoon, or as good as Spectacular, but after USM I appreciated having a more traditional and solid Spider-Man cartoon to watch and I felt this show had a lot of potential.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    At least their you could chalk it up to how CN treats DC action cartoons. Disney is usually a little fairer to their Marvel cartoons.

The fact that this is happening to all the shows, on-top of their being layoffs, just tells me that something is going on at the top.

And with better animation.
    Assuming it's true. The source is a blog. Not a proper news site. And no citation. It could be wrong, for all we know.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Assuming it's true. The source is a blog. Not a proper news site. And no citation. It could be wrong, for all we know.
    From what I understand, the person running that blog is someone who works within the animation industry and has lots of contacts and insider info. It could be wrong (he admits in that post that it will be updated if he hears different), but the source is somewhat reliable.

From what I understand, that "last work" they're finishing are the new seasons of all those series. So we should at least get one more season of Spider-Man. What I could see as potentially saving the show would be the merchandise. That said, I haven't really seen much merchandise for this show. I've seen a lot for homecoming and leftovers from USM, but I rarely get to see toys or clothing based on this. They were probably waiting for the Homecoming merchandise to exhaust to launch a bigger campaign, but they're at a point that they can shift them in case there's a sudden change of plans.

Meanwhile, I officially declare that everything with Anya is cursed and doomed to end early...

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    From what I understand, the person running that blog is someone who works within the animation industry and has lots of contacts and insider info. It could be wrong (he admits in that post that it will be updated if he hears different), but the source is somewhat reliable.
    This was my understanding as well.
    From what I understand, that "last work" they're finishing are the new seasons of all those series. So we should at least get one more season of Spider-Man.
    We've known about them having a second season for a while, so I imagine that was probably in production alongside the last seasons of Assemble and Guardians (which will be their upcoming seasons).
    What I could see as potentially saving the show would be the merchandise. That said, I haven't really seen much merchandise for this show. I've seen a lot for homecoming and leftovers from USM, but I rarely get to see toys or clothing based on this. They were probably waiting for the Homecoming merchandise to exhaust to launch a bigger campaign, but they're at a point that they can shift them in case there's a sudden change of plans.
    I've honestly seen people on twitter say they can only get toys for the show from Asia or China.
    Meanwhile, I officially declare that everything with Anya is cursed and doomed to end early...
    She deserved better then her depiction on this show.

Worse, this could be it for Anya. She's not being used in the comics right now and it looks likely that Annie Parker will take the Spider-Girl mantle soon (I can see Renew Your Vows rebranding to that, especially if the new writer of ASM proper restores the marriage). I know Anya can revert to Arana, but the fact is, Marvel aren't pushing her.

Worse, this could be it for Anya. She's not being used in the comics right now and it looks likely that Annie Parker will take the Spider-Girl mantle soon (I can see Renew Your Vows rebranding to that, especially if the new writer of ASM proper restores the marriage). I know Anya can revert to Arana, but the fact is, Marvel aren't pushing her.
    That seems to be the fate of every Spider-Woman lol.

Though I was surprised Anya was used at all in this cartoon, is the power set she has the original one or the one that is more like Peter's?

She hasn't gotten her powers yet.

She will by the end of season 1. Based on the costume, it'll be her second powerset, which is basically Peter's plus organic webbing - the same as Silk's (I'd say that's why she isn't getting used in the comics, only Cindy seems to have vanished as well).

She will by the end of season 1. Based on the costume, it'll be her second powerset, which is basically Peter's plus organic webbing - the same as Silk's (I'd say that's why she isn't getting used in the comics, only Cindy seems to have vanished as well).
    That's what makes the whole situation so weird though, she kinda started as her own thing (Or kind of as much as her own thing she can be as a Spider-person), then became a Peter clone, and now she's gone, with both her and Cindy, it seems that Marvel stopped trying to give different powers to Spider-Women and just their power sets be like Peter's and hope it sticks lol.

Now that's a good thing to wonder about, why is every Spider-Woman not directly connected to Peter unpopular? Lack of advertisement? Bland stories? Bland characters? Bad villains? Or does Gwen, Mayday and Ultimate Jessica just happen to have something else besides this connection with Peter that the other Spider-Women just happen to lack? Admitedly I actualy don't know much about them, which is why I don't really know about this.

Gwen, Mayday and Jess are all from AUs. Maybe that's the x-factor.

New characters always have a hard time. Especially with the current distribution system. I would also question wether Ultimate Jess is as popular as those other two. She has never had a solo ongoing, and you don't really see much of her outside of niche Ultimate universe fans.

I would say that each one has different reasons about why they didn't catch on. I would definitely say that being directly connected to Peter automatically gives you higher chances. The likes of Jessica, Julia and Anya weren't exactly connected to Spider-Man. Heck, they didn't even debuted in a Spider-Man issue.

I would say, lack synergy. Synergy nowadays is a very big factor. I'm not talking about movie/tv/comic synergy, but a character making multiple appearances in different books. That will ultimately lead readers know more of them and be interested in their other stuff. Mayday was THE face of the MC2, she was practically showing up everywhere in that line. Gwen has also got into guest star in various other comics (despite living in a different universe), as well as had a entire month dedicated to her. Or just look at some current characters, like Cho!Hulk, Kamala, Nova, Laura, Moon Girl who get guest appearances in various comics.

Compare to Anya, who, after Araña ended, ended up in Ms. Marvel of all places. She never appeared in a Spider-Man comic until Grim Hunt, a event that was more of a turn-off than anything else. Once she became Spider-Girl, she once again practically didn't appear in any issue of TASM or any other A-list title outside of a back-up story and the occasional background cameo until Spider-Verse. I always wonder what could have been if she would have been part of the relaunched Captain Marvel cast. Kelly Sue Deconnick wanted her in CM, but editorial denied her to use her, despite Anya being in limbo during (and after) that time. That comic alone spun-off the new Ms. Marvel and Spider-Woman (yes, I consider that last part true since KSD was using Jess more than any other writer at the time in CM and Assemble and lead fans being introduced to her to see her in a ongoing).

Silk is a case that she originally did had a hype behind her, having debuting and being a key character to a Spider-Man event. After that, she didn't really appeared in any other series outside of her own.

If a character gets a push in other comics, guest starring or being part of more a-list titles, the character will have a better chance. Readers would say "hey, I like this character, where can I read of them?" and be directed to their respective ongoings. If a character is practically isolated from the rest of the universe, they will more likely be ignored.

New characters always have a hard time. Especially with the current distribution system. I would also question wether Ultimate Jess is as popular as those other two. She has never had a solo ongoing, and you don't really see much of her outside of niche Ultimate universe fans.

I would say that each one has different reasons about why they didn't catch on. I would definitely say that being directly connected to Peter automatically gives you higher chances. The likes of Jessica, Julia and Anya weren't exactly connected to Spider-Man. Heck, they didn't even debuted in a Spider-Man issue.

I would say, lack synergy. Synergy nowadays is a very big factor. I'm not talking about movie/tv/comic synergy, but a character making multiple appearances in different books. That will ultimately lead readers know more of them and be interested in their other stuff. Mayday was THE face of the MC2, she was practically showing up everywhere in that line. Gwen has also got into guest star in various other comics (despite living in a different universe), as well as had a entire month dedicated to her. Or just look at some current characters, like Cho!Hulk, Kamala, Nova, Laura, Moon Girl who get guest appearances in various comics.

Compare to Anya, who, after Araña ended, ended up in Ms. Marvel of all places. She never appeared in a Spider-Man comic until Grim Hunt, a event that was more of a turn-off than anything else. Once she became Spider-Girl, she once again practically didn't appear in any issue of TASM or any other A-list title outside of a back-up story and the occasional background cameo until Spider-Verse. I always wonder what could have been if she would have been part of the relaunched Captain Marvel cast. Kelly Sue Deconnick wanted her in CM, but editorial denied her to use her, despite Anya being in limbo during (and after) that time. That comic alone spun-off the new Ms. Marvel and Spider-Woman (yes, I consider that last part true since KSD was using Jess more than any other writer at the time in CM and Assemble and lead fans being introduced to her to see her in a ongoing).

Silk is a case that she originally did had a hype behind her, having debuting and being a key character to a Spider-Man event. After that, she didn't really appeared in any other series outside of her own.

If a character gets a push in other comics, guest starring or being part of more a-list titles, the character will have a better chance. Readers would say "hey, I like this character, where can I read of them?" and be directed to their respective ongoings. If a character is practically isolated from the rest of the universe, they will more likely be ignored.
    So basicaly bad advertisement is the reason, which makes sense when compared to the succesful ones, though I do wonder how much of a hand questionable writing played on this, I only really read Jessica's recent comic and Silk's, both were pretty meh, though maybe that's just me.

I guess all non alternate universe Spider-Women are cursed with Parker Luck, only it's worse for them since they lack popularity too .

Silk did appear in Totally Awesome Hulk - alongside Kamala both times - but that's not the most popular book around (it's Panini UK reprint actually got the axe last year in favour of Deadpool).