Page 80 of 184 FirstFirst ... 307076777879808182838490130180 ... LastLast
Results 1,186 to 1,200 of 2750

Disney XD released a new promo for the "Rise of Doc Ock."

Just for the record, it's airing on Sunday, not Saturday.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    This reminds me of that issue in the 2099 arc in Superior where Ock tries to save the day but he can't because he doesn't have access to something Peter knows.

Also, as much as I enjoy Menville and I can see what he's trying to do here, it's just hard for me to hear him and believe him as Otto Octavius.

Mighty Member

I suppose we'll have to hear him after his turn into villainy. We could have said the same thing about Peter MacNicol with his Octavius (prior to transformation), we'll have to wait and see... I'm not expecting much however.

Oh hey, they used the female Crimson Dynamo. Cool. And Laura Bailey got to bring out her Russian accent .

Why are they calling Otto "Ock" before he's even Doctor Octopus?

"The Octopus?" What is this, Arrow?

Maybe Spider-Man wouldn't get called a sidekick on his own show if he didn't constantly need his supporting cast to save him. Just a thought...

It's nice to see the show finally remember Miles exists even if he didn't do anything in the first part and, for some reason, seemed to completely bail on Peter at the end of the second part. I'm also surprised he didn't Venom Blast anyone.

So Otto Octavius is 19-years old. That makes him 2-3 years older then Peter and not even old enough to drink. This show...

It was so weird how secondary Connors himself felt in a Lizard episode. I'm so used to him being important to Peter or part of the supporting cast and we barely got to see him outside his Lizard form. Although with that blonde hair he looked kind of weird as a human, so maybe it's for the best .

Yuri Lownethal was honestly not half-bad as a Lizard. I kind of wish we had heard more of him as Connors though.

Wow, they turned Lizard into full-blown Kaiju. That's a first .

So Otto just brings up the word "Superior" twice in a conversation. I see what you're doing show.

Man, Norman hasn't been this much of master manipulator since...Dark Reign? Spectacular? It kind of makes up for the fact that his entire enmity with Spider-Man is based around a complete misunderstanding.

Just imagine how dramatically different the plot would've been if Max had just told Otto that Norman was the one who called about Otto's secret experiments.

Amazing Member

Yeah, why didn't Max just tell Otto that Norman was the one that called him? It doesn't make any sense that Max would say that the caller wasn't important when the caller was accusing Otto of serious allegations.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

So Otto just brings up the word "Superior" twice in a conversation. I see what you're doing show.
    Ock as in Octavius?

I think Superior Spider-Man was supposed to get an adaptation, I'd assume in season 2. So yeah, definitely foreshadowing. And don't forget, he is called Superior Octopus in the comics now, not Doctor Octopus.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

If I remember correctly in the Stan and Steve days, Dr. Octopus was an insulting nickname people called Otto even before he became a supervillian.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    If I remember correctly in the Stan and Steve days, Dr. Octopus was an insulting nickname people called Otto even before he became a supervillian.
    He had his nickname in Amazing Spider-Man 003 for sure, but it did not look or feel demeaning, their idea for calling him that is for the extra appendages. Whether it's used for insulting purpose or not is more ambiguous than straight.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

I've been so swamped with work and other shows, that I had forgotten about this show. How is it so far? Or rather, how does it hold up next to Ultimate and Spectacular Spider-Man?

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post
    I've been so swamped with work and other shows, that I had forgotten about this show. How is it so far? Or rather, how does it hold up next to Ultimate and Spectacular Spider-Man?
    First episode is really obnoxious, the rest is forgettable blandness that could have been improved with better art style, animation, and voice acting.
    Some would say being forgettable is better than being USM, but I personally like USM more.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

BANNED

Now time will tell if this is the last season we're getting.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post
    First episode is really obnoxious, the rest is forgettable blandness that could have been improved with better art style, animation, and voice acting.
    Some would say being forgettable is better than being USM, but I personally like USM more.
    Oh bother.

Guess I'll have to watch a few episodes myself and see if it's my temperature.

World's Greatest Hero blackspidey2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post
    It's good, but not excellent. Definitely better than Ultimate Spider-Man, but Spider-Man: TAS and Spectacular are a notch above this show so far. I do think the show has been steadily improving for the most part, so it could eventually get near those 2 with time.