Page 83 of 184 FirstFirst ... 337379808182838485868793133183 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,245 of 2750

Black Widow!?! Wasn't expecting her to show up. That's three Avengers now, right? After Iron Man and Hulk?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Black Widow!?! Wasn't expecting her to show up. That's three Avengers now, right? After Iron Man and Hulk?
    Yep, though they mentioned Hawkeye and in a recent episode Peter referenced Cap and Thor.

Widow was the only core movie Avenger Peter never really had a proper team-up with in Ultimate Spider-Man, unless you count the one time they fought together in the Contest of Champions.

It feels so weird that Mary Jane is going to play no role in Spider-Island and will probably exist in the show's background as just another spider monster.

I love how Peter lampshades the "Spider-Man No More" moment about leaving such an advanced costume in the garbage only to then promptly lose his backpack with said suit in it. Good job Pete.

How could Peter mistake Stealth Spider for either Gwen or Harry? Don't you think he would've realized it wasn't a girl thanks to the skintight costume, on-top of the fact that Stealth Spider looked older and bulkier then Harry does?

Given the glimpse of Norman we saw in the alley, I'm guessing he was Stealth Spider. Kinda hard to believe they'd give Norman Osborn spider-powers before he becomes the Green Goblin.

Harry is so inconsistent when it comes to Spider-Man. First he hates him, then it seems Spidey is growing on him, then he absolutely hates him again, and then he gets a quick pep talk from Gwen and he's okay with Spider-Man.

Why would Gwen go to the trouble of making a skintight costume like Spider-Man and not bother with the mask? I know when Miles got his powers she mentioned that having a secret identity like Spider-Man does isn't necessarily the right way to go, but the whole point of Miles' episode was illustrating why people like Spider-Man need secret identities. If Gwen can get by with no consequences as celebrity superhero "Spider-Gwen" then doesn't that completely negate that point?

Granted, I imagine they'll probably come up with a reason for Gwen to wear her mask from the comics at some point, even if I can't see how she could ever have a secret identity after this when now everyone in New York will be able to connect that costume to Gwen Stacy.

Peter, Miles, and Gwen fighting Stealth Spider together reminded me of Stretch Armstrong and the Flex Fighters.

So Miles is Electro now? He can just shoot out his Venom Blast?

So why does everyone else have organic webbing when Peter and Miles didn't? Was getting bitten by one of the Jackal's eight spiders all that different from whatever concoction is giving everyone in New York spider-powers?

I loved Peter complaining about how redundant he feels with everyone having spider-powers. On-top of that, it took him months to get as good with his powers as he is and now everyone and their mother is adapting to their abilities seemingly faster then he did. That's got to hurt the ol' ego...

Anya is so much more likeable when she's not interacting with Peter out-of-costume.

Peter assuming Widow just naturally threw that Hydra thug through the roof reminded me of all the times she's demonstrated inexplicable super-strength on Avengers Assemble.

Crossbones? Arnim Zola? Spidey fighting Hydra? An Avenger team-up? Did I stumble onto an episode of Ultimate Spider-Man?

I get what they were going for at the end with the civilians helping Spidey stop Hydra, but the fact that they lost to a bunch of normal people with spider-powers just made Hydra look really incompetent. Especially given they also had spider-powers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    It feels so weird that Mary Jane is going to play no role in Spider-Island and will probably exist in the show's background as just another spider monster.
    They seemed mum on what exactly is going to happen to anyone from Midtown after the school blew up.

You know what the vault theft is like? That short Punisher story infiltrating the bank heist as one of the robbers to shoot them all taking advantage of them not being used to their spider-sense.

So Gwen becomes a giant spider, I wonder if they will keep her normal after this or find some awkward way to keep her with powers. And now that the smartest person in this cartoon is another giant spider it will take more time for the gang of spiders to formulate an antidote.
    Fifth if you count Spider-Man and Sandman.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post
    So Gwen becomes a giant spider, I wonder if they will keep her normal after this or find some awkward way to keep her with powers. And now that the smartest person in this cartoon is another giant spider it will take more time for the gang of spiders to formulate an antidote.
    Anyone infected by the Spider-Island virus will probably get cured and lose their powers, but Gwen and Anya will probably get bitten by one of Jackal's eight spiders to get their powers back and not have to worry about mutating.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Anyone infected by the Spider-Island virus will probably get cured and lose their powers, but Gwen and Anya will probably get bitten by one of Jackal's eight spiders to get their powers back and not have to worry about mutating.
    I thought Norman destroyed those spiders in the last Ock episode. And the one that bit Miles was squashed back in that episode, methinks.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE

I thought Norman destroyed those spiders in the last Ock episode. And the one that bit Miles was squashed back in that episode, methinks.
    I thought so too, but those were only three spiders as I recall, and counting Peter and Miles' that makes only five of the eight.

I love how Peter lampshades the "Spider-Man No More" moment about leaving such an advanced costume in the garbage only to then promptly lose his backpack with said suit in it. Good job Pete.

How could Peter mistake Stealth Spider for either Gwen or Harry? Don't you think he would've realized it wasn't a girl thanks to the skintight costume, on-top of the fact that Stealth Spider looked older and bulkier then Harry does?

Given the glimpse of Norman we saw in the alley, I'm guessing he was Stealth Spider. Kinda hard to believe they'd give Norman Osborn spider-powers before he becomes the Green Goblin.

Harry is so inconsistent when it comes to Spider-Man. First he hates him, then it seems Spidey is growing on him, then he absolutely hates him again, and then he gets a quick pep talk from Gwen and he's okay with Spider-Man.

Why would Gwen go to the trouble of making a skintight costume like Spider-Man and not bother with the mask? I know when Miles got his powers she mentioned that having a secret identity like Spider-Man doesn't isn't necessarily the right way to go, but the whole point of Miles' episode was illustrating why people like Spider-Man need secret identities. If Gwen can get by with no consequences as celebrity superhero "Spider-Gwen" then doesn't that completely negate that point?

Granted, I imagine they'll probably come up with a reason for Gwen to wear her mask from the comics at some point, even if I can't see how she could ever have a secret identity after this when now everyone in New York will be able to connect that costume to Gwen Stacy.

Peter, Miles, and Gwen fighting Stealth Spider together reminded me of Stretch Armstrong and the Flex Fighters.

So Miles is Electro now? He can just shoot out his Venom Blast?

So why does everyone else have organic webbing when Peter and Miles didn't? Was getting bitten by one of the Jackal's eight spiders all that different from whatever concoction is giving everyone in New York spider-powers?

I loved Peter complaining about how redundant he feels with everyone having spider-powers. On-top of that, it took him months to get as good with his powers as he is and now everyone and their mother is adapting to their abilities seemingly faster then he did. That's got to hurt the ol' ego...

Anya is so much more likeable when she's not interacting with Peter out-of-costume.

Peter assuming Widow just naturally threw that Hydra thug through the roof reminded me of all the times she's demonstrated inexplicable super-strength on Avengers Assemble.

Crossbones? Arnim Zola? Spidey fighting Hydra? An Avenger team-up? Did I stumble onto an episode of Ultimate Spider-Man?

I get what they were going for at the end with the civilians helping Spidey stop Hydra, but the fact that they lost to a bunch of normal people with spider-powers just made Hydra look really incompetent. Especially given they also had spider-powers.

They seemed mum on what exactly is going to happen to anyone from Midtown after the school blew up.
    Come on! Stop nitpicking. I think the last six episodes are consistently some of the best the show has offered. The animation is getting pretty good, especially when it comes to fights.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Come on! Stop nitpicking. I think the last six episodes are consistently some of the best the show has offered. The animation is getting pretty good, especially when it comes to fights.
    I agree that they are the best, and there is promise showing with them. I don't think nitpicking or pointing out the issues with this story is a bad thing to do.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE

Superhero cartoons do it all the time to "human" characters. Batman is like the poster boy for that. I'm not surprised Black Widow is like that in Avengers Assemble.

Though, I think Teen Titans Robin takes the cake in this department.

Fifth if you count Spider-Man and Sandman.
    I meant from the cartoons and movies. i.e. anyone who's a member of the team in Avengers Assemble. Kids won't know that Sandman was an Avenger in the comics decades ago.

Remember the 90s cartoon? Peter became a Man-Spider. He got an antidote but wasn't depowered.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Same reason why Silk has organic webbing and Peter doesn't despite both being bitten by the same spider, meaning, just roll with it lol.

I meant from the cartoons and movies. i.e. anyone who's a member of the team in Avengers Assemble. Kids won't know that Sandman was an Avenger in the comics decades ago.

Remember the 90s cartoon? Peter became a Man-Spider. He got an antidote but wasn't depowered.
    I remember that, and last night I thought maybe Dan Slott & co. thought of that weird cartoon when they came up with the awkward idea for Spider-Island event.
    The comic event has people turning to giant spiders and then completely losing their powers after the cure being administered, that's why I expect to see Gwen depowered like the rest of the city.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Same reason why Silk has organic webbing and Peter doesn't despite both being bitten by the same spider, meaning, just roll with it lol.
    And why Carl King turns to a thousand spiders departing his skin to eat another person insides to inhabit their skin, all by eating the dead radioactive spider.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    I agree that they are the best, and there is promise showing with them. I don't think nitpicking or pointing out the issues with this story is a bad thing to do.
    I've actually been really enjoying the show lately, especially with the last several episodes, and I think Spider-Island has gotten off to a fairly strong start.

I was just pointing out some of my random thoughts while watching the episodes .

(Although I still don't think the fights are on par with Spectacular yet).