Page 86 of 184 FirstFirst ... 367682838485868788899096136 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,290 of 2750

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Honestly it reminds me of the Flash Live Action show. :P
    Same here .

Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Same here .
    Even has Miles conveniently away or knocked so he can't help. Kinda like Wally

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    Well, it seems that we get confirmation that Anya no longer has powers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm guessing the gas variant that Peter used to cure New York cured Anya as well.

So she and Gwen will probably need to be bitten by whatever's left of the Jackal's radioactive spiders.
    Anya and Gwen don't act like they have powers anymore, but I don't think that means they are really cured. I mean, you can have powers, but that doesn't mean you HAVE to use them publicly. They still can have them, but they decide to "stay low" for the time being. Remember, in the Spider-Island's comics, Anya was infected, they injected her the cure, and yet somehow, she kept the spider-powers. Besides, you know women, they prefer brain over brawn, which basically humilliate men as just big brutes.

Remember, the spiders that gave Peter and Miles their powers (and possibly all the others) were likely killed back when Norman Osborn destroyed the Jackal's machine. So, there's no point in the whole "bitten by a spider" anymore.

Besides, there's one big question nobody realized. If the gas cure reversed the infection, then why it didn't make Peter and Miles lose their powers too? Yeah, I get they got the powers from a different source; but even so, Spider-Man's blood was used to make the cure. So, technically, Peter and Miles should have been "cured" too.
    Last edited by Ursalink; 02-15-2018 at 06:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Besides, you know women, they prefer brain over brawn, which basically humilliate men as just big brutes.
    That seems kind of redundant when most everyone on this show is brainy.
    Remember, the spiders that gave Peter and Miles their powers (and possibly all the others) were likely killed back when Norman Osborn destroyed the Jackal's machine. So, there's no point in the whole "bitten by a spider" anymore.
    They're probably still around. They made it a point that there were eight spiders and we only saw three in that lab, on-top of the two that bit Peter and Miles.
    Besides, there's one big question nobody realized. If the gas cure reversed the infection, then why it didn't make Peter and Miles lose their powers too? Yeah, I get they got the powers from a different source; but even so, Spider-Man's blood was used to make the cure. So, technically, Peter and Miles should have been "cured" too.
    It was designed specifically to cure the Spider-Island strain, which was established to be different from the mutation that the radioactive spider-bites gave Peter and Miles.

I wonder when we'll see some announcements about the next (and final) season.

Wish the show did more than Aunt May. Think she appeared in like 5 minutes for this entire season.

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey616 View Post
    Wish the show did more than Aunt May. Think she appeared in like 5 minutes for this entire season.
    The show doesn't do a lot with characters who aren't Harry or the Horizon students (and even then, the Horizon students don't do that much in the grand scheme of things).

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    The show doesn't do a lot with characters who aren't Harry or the Horizon students (and even then, the Horizon students don't do that much in the grand scheme of things).
    It's things like that (and Horizon High's existence) show that while this show is a departure from a lot of the things that they got wrong with Ultimate Spider-Man, they still don't get what people really want in a Spider-Man cartoon.

Mighty Member

Yeah, it's kind of confusing how the showrunners say they want to bring back Spidey back to basics and back to focusing on Peter Parker, when there's other spider-people that learn his powers much quicker and faster than he did, and the "Peter Parker side" is mostly related to Horizon and super-science in general, which bleeds back into Spider-Man time.

You get glimpses of it when Peter goes back to Midtown and sees Flash, but otherwise, it still feels isolated.

Quote Originally Posted by GamerSlyRatchet View Post
    Yeah, it's kind of confusing how the showrunners say they want to bring back Spidey back to basics and back to focusing on Peter Parker, when there's other spider-people that learn his powers much quicker and faster than he did, and the "Peter Parker side" is mostly related to Horizon and super-science in general, which bleeds back into Spider-Man time.

You get glimpses of it when Peter goes back to Midtown and sees Flash, but otherwise, it still feels isolated.
    Yea and the problem with Horizon High (and Osborn Academy) is that it creates the scenario where Peter is constantly surrounded by geniuses. Which, while it wasn't a problem in the comics with Horizon Labs because it was his career, this being his high school days it ends up robbing him of what makes him stand out. It also becomes incredibly stale when the majority of the cast are all these super geniuses, especially if you know their comic book counterparts aren't thus making it worse as an adaption since it creates the illusion of what the character isn't actually. Had they wanted to include the likes of Miles, Gwen, and Anya, it should have been in a Midtown High setting with each just being a regular student. And rather than Horizon High, just have it be Horizon Lab with Peter (and possibly a selection of animated versions of the Horizon crew) being selected for some kind of internship program thus allowing us to get a feeling of Peter's high school life and his science aptitude without if feeling as unnatural as this series makes it feel.

Yeah. In the comics, none of the other three even made their own web shooters (Miles's was originally inherited from Peter and then upgraded by SHIELD, Gwen's was designed by Janet van Dyne, and Anya has organic webs).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

World's Greatest Hero blackspidey2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah. In the comics, none of the other three even made their own web shooters (Miles's was originally inherited from Peter and then upgraded by SHIELD, Gwen's was designed by Janet van Dyne, and Anya has organic webs).
    Well, in this show Peter made Miles’ too IIRC. And of course neither Gwen nor Anya have webshoooters as of now.

I was happy to see Spider-Man manage to beat three of the Sinister Five on his own without needing any help. Sure it was part of Ocks' plan to tire him out, but it was still nice to see him beat a few bad guys without his supporting cast having to bail him out.

So is Spidey being part of the Sinister Six's crime spree going to be what turns the public against him? I guess the Bugle might capitalize that to finally sow doubt about Spider-Man to the general public. Plus, with Peter and Harry fixing their relationship the show will probably need someone new to irrationally claim that Spider-Man is a menace.

The girls didn't really get to do much in this episode, other then (of course) bailing Spider-Man out of a jam, though Miles has powers and he barely did anything either. I feel bad that Miles is such a sidekick on this show.

Poor Doc Ock. He primes himself up to be the main villain and then becomes an afterthought in the second part. Spider-Man wasn't even the one who caught him. Once again, Otto Octavius is shown up by Norman Osborn.

I wasn't expecting the lifting of debris moment, or another Patton Oswalt Uncle Ben flashback (I missed those). I was almost worried that we'd see the "Spider-Gang" show up to help Spidey lift the debris. And I think it worked better here then in Homecoming since they didn't use Tony Stark instead of Uncle Ben.

I get why they made Harry the Hobgoblin, since he was Hobby in the Ultimate comics and they basically made him look like Phil Urich then Harry, but outside the flaming sword this was basically a Green Goblin story. I mean, they referenced both Norman and Harry's deaths in the comics, as the Green Goblin, and Norman framed Harry like he framed him for being the Green Goblin in Spectacular Spider-Man. And then Norman leaves Harry a secret room, ala Spider-Man 2, that probably has the Green Goblin gear.

Meanwhile Roderick Kingsley is ticked that both Osborns stole his shtick .

Y'know what, I've assumed numerous times that this show is going to do something that turns Norman into the Green Goblin or create the Goblin Serum, only to be proven wrong, so I'm not even going to guess that that green ooze combined with the explosion is going to be what finally does the trick. But I doubt Norman's dead (even if that would be the second time the show has pulled that trick).

Harry as a teenage CEO is a bit much. Hopefully this isn't a sign that they'll attempt a Parker Industries-style development...
    I wonder when we'll see some announcements about the next (and final) season.
    I assume it'll probably be coming after Avengers: Secret Wars finishes up and Guardians season 3 starts.

Maybe they'll have it air alongside Panther Quest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spidey616 View Post
    I think Ultimate Spider-Man did more with Aunt May in it's first season, which is saying something.
    I'm really curious to see how they balance the Bugle next season when even the Horizon cast have struggled with screentime on this show. Ditto for Mary Jane if she ever shows up.

I don't think we've had a show that used the supporting cast as effectively since Spec, and that had more characters in the supporting cast then this show does.
    Quote Originally Posted by GamerSlyRatchet View Post
    What does Peter even bring to the table at this point beyond being the main character?

I mean, everyone at Horizon is as smart as he is and adapted to his powers faster then he did, so what makes Peter different?

Experience? Didn't seem to hurt the other Spiders. Fighting capability? I think I can count on one hand the number of times Peter was able to beat a villain without needing a civilian to help him.
    Too bad got Midtown blown up.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackspidey2099 View Post
    Well, in this show Peter made Miles’ too IIRC. And of course neither Gwen nor Anya have webshoooters as of now.
    Miles made his own as soon as he saw Peter's.

Ditto with the Web-Wings and, I assume, the Spider-Tracers Miles snagged Hobgoblin with.

I'm sure Anya and Gwen will probably be smart enough to do their own as well.

What if they're planning on MJ being a part of the Bugle cast?

(Insomniac's Spider-Man game is on my mind.)