Page 87 of 184 FirstFirst ... 377783848586878889909197137 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,305 of 2750

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    What if they're planning on MJ being a part of the Bugle cast?

(Insomniac's Spider-Man game is on my mind.)
    I'm honestly expecting that as well. It would kill two birds with one stone and give MJ something that's not "science geek" like everyone else in the cast.

Although I'm not looking forward to Lois Lane MJ .

i enjoy this more than utimate, but is totally not a back to basicks
    We will not have something like spectacular anytime soon. Currently, its like the first thing on the producers mind is..hey, how many spider people or trendy stuff of the comics we can toss here , and peter himself is a total second tought . It happened in utimate, and it happens here

So how does Peter lifting the bridge compare to the debris he lifted during the Master Planner saga or Homecoming?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSeaDragon View Post
    i enjoy this more than utimate, but is totally not a back to basicks
    We will not have something like spectacular anytime soon. Currently, its like the first thing on the producers mind is..hey, how many spider people or trendy stuff of the comics we can toss here , and peter himself is a total second tought . It happened in utimate, and it happens here
    I at least still appreciate that it feels more like a Spider-Man cartoon then USM did for most of it's run.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So how does Peter lifting the bridge compare to the debris he lifted during the Master Planner saga or Homecoming?

I at least still appreciate that it feels more like a Spider-Man cartoon then USM did for most of it's run.

that i agree, the first thing i said was that i find it better than ultimate, but its flawed. I agree with the fact that everyone being some super genius kinda overshadows Peter , not to mention that we are not even a full season and there is two more spider people , three if Gwen somehow regain her powers , wich also makes him feel less unique. Is one thing to have several spiders after decades of comics and even, sometimes i think there is too many, but witn an animated series with a limited run , you should develop the supossed MC a little more before makin him share the spot light that much

I like the fact that they are not scared of show female monster transformations, tought

I'm honestly expecting that as well. It would kill two birds with one stone and give MJ something that's not "science geek" like everyone else in the cast.

Although I'm not looking forward to Lois Lane MJ .
    I wonder, if they did do that, would Betty Brant be omitted? In the comics, she's the Lois counterpart (she demonstrated that quite clearly in the recent annual, though I understand that's been her characterisation for a while now - since Ned Leeds got whacked?).

Also, I know MJ in Ultimate cartoon ended up as Carnage/Spider-Woman, but that version started out as a teen version of Lois as well.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I wonder, if they did do that, would Betty Brant be omitted? In the comics, she's the Lois counterpart (she demonstrated that quite clearly in the recent annual, though I understand that's been her characterisation for a while now - since Ned Leeds got whacked?).

Also, I know MJ in Ultimate cartoon ended up as Carnage/Spider-Woman, but that version started out as a teen version of Lois as well.
    They could always just have Betty be Jonah's secretary, which is as much her role as being a reporter eventually became.

Mighty Member

I get why they made Harry the Hobgoblin, since he was Hobby in the Ultimate comics and they basically made him look like Phil Urich then Harry, but outside the flaming sword this was basically a Green Goblin story. I mean, they referenced both Norman and Harry's deaths in the comics, as the Green Goblin, and Norman framed Harry like he framed him for being the Green Goblin in Spectacular Spider-Man. And then Norman leaves Harry a secret room, ala Spider-Man 2, that probably has the Green Goblin gear.

Meanwhile Roderick Kingsley is ticked that both Osborns stole his shtick .

Oh yeah, here's a pic of him looking at this show in DISGUST...if anyone is going to be stealing schticks it is going to be him.

I'm going to have to see how Hobby is handled here...I haven't really watched too much of the show (I saw a couple episodes from the Rise of Ock arc, so that's where I'm at now)

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post

Oh yeah, here's a pic of him looking at this show in DISGUST...if anyone is going to be stealing schticks it is going to be him.
    It's a shame Weisman never got to do his Hobgoblin plans for Spec. It would've been interesting to see what kind of take they'd have on him.
    I'm going to have to see how Hobby is handled here...I haven't really watched too much of the show (I saw a couple episodes from the Rise of Ock arc, so that's where I'm at now)
    The Hobgoblin's cool here, even if it feels like a Green Goblin story.

It's a shame Weisman never got to do his Hobgoblin plans for Spec. It would've been interesting to see what kind of take they'd have on him.
    Always thought that Hobgoblin in Spectacular would be somewhat redundant, since Norman stole his gimmick of making someone else take the blame for being Green Goblin.

Then again, with how well written the characters were, maybe they would amplify manipulations and have more people work under him (Kinda like his "franchise" he had in Spider-Woman's comic).

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Always thought that Hobgoblin in Spectacular would be somewhat redundant, since Norman stole his gimmick of making someone else take the blame for being Green Goblin.

Then again, with how well written the characters were, maybe they would amplify manipulations and have more people work under him (Kinda like his "franchise" he had in Spider-Woman's comic).
    I know Weisman said they would have done something to differentiate Hobby from the Green Goblin mystery, though I doubt we'll ever know what those plans were.

They did set up him using Daniel as a decoy in his one appearance in Spec.

Mighty Member

There'd probably be more players in the field. Norman framing Harry was out of pure luck and sloppy on Norman's part, as it still connects the Goblin to himself/his family. Whereas with Kingsley I see him going out of his way to set up dupes that cannot be linked to him in any way possible (and wouldn't hinge on Spidey taking pity on the man behind the mask) the Hobgoblin mystery WAS the Green Goblin mystery on steroids, so I'm curious to know how that would have been handled in the show (as well as the Hobgoblin's personality to differ him from his more unhinged counterpart).

I'll have to see if the Hobgoblin is done justice on this show, would you describe him as being on par with his Jason Macendale counterpart on Spider-Man the animated series?

I'll have to see if the Hobgoblin is done justice on this show, would you describe him as being on par with his Jason Macendale counterpart on Spider-Man the animated series?
    I wouldn't say he's anything like Hobby from the 90's cartoon, at least in personality.

There'd probably be more players in the field. Norman framing Harry was out of pure luck and sloppy on Norman's part, as it still connects the Goblin to himself/his family. Whereas with Kingsley I see him going out of his way to set up dupes that cannot be linked to him in any way possible (and wouldn't hinge on Spidey taking pity on the man behind the mask) the Hobgoblin mystery WAS the Green Goblin mystery on steroids, so I'm curious to know how that would have been handled in the show (as well as the Hobgoblin's personality to differ him from his more unhinged counterpart).
    Good point, Norman was really lucky that Harry just happened to be there lol.

And I guess to keep the mystery, he could end up doing it like the comics, or maybe he would end up not being Hobgoblin (At least at first) and just have someone else working for him, it's how he did it with Lefty Donovan, only this time it could be for longer, maybe use it to gather more information on Spider-Man and to be more prepared for the fights in case he did become Hobgoblin.

Also I heard that Sin Eater was gonna be in Spectacular, wonder if they would've used him to kill Captain Stacy, that way he could be used in the same-ish way as the comics, because frankly, Sin Eater wouldn't be that interesting as a recurring/semi recurring villain.

I wouldn't say he's anything like Hobby from the 90's cartoon, at least in personality.
    Is that a good or a bad thing?

Mighty Member

Good point, Norman was really lucky that Harry just happened to be there lol.

And I guess to keep the mystery, he could end up doing it like the comics, or maybe he would end up not being Hobgoblin (At least at first) and just have someone else working for him, it's how he did it with Lefty Donovan, only this time it could be for longer, maybe use it to gather more information on Spider-Man and to be more prepared for the fights in case he did become Hobgoblin.

Also I heard that Sin Eater was gonna be in Spectacular, wonder if they would've used him to kill Captain Stacy, that way he could be used in the same-ish way as the comics, because frankly, Sin Eater wouldn't be that interesting as a recurring/semi recurring villain.
    Well, Stan Carter was in the show, he was a fan of Spider-Man where Jean DeWolff didn't trust him (yet). The fact that he said that Spider-Man "doesn't go far enough" when it came to taking the law in his own hands DEFINITELY was setting up for something. The Death of Jean DeWolff would be a great story to adapt for the more mature DTVs they were planning.

Is that a good or a bad thing?
    Yeah I'm curious about this as well... seeing how they took the pumpkin bomb design (do we even call them those if they don't look like pumpkins?), from the Raimi film trilogy. I'm guessing Hobgoblin here would be more like Spider-Man 3's "New Goblin". Where it's simple vengeance...although it doesn't explain the theatrics of calling himself the Hobgoblin. It made sense in the Movie verse why Harry didn't go through the theatrics of his father. I'm just going to have to watch these episodes to get a feel on how the character is handled.

Yeah I'm curious about this as well... seeing how they took the pumpkin bomb design (do we even call them those if they don't look like pumpkins?), from the Raimi film trilogy. I'm guessing Hobgoblin here would be more like Spider-Man 3's "New Goblin". Where it's simple vengeance...although it doesn't explain the theatrics of calling himself the Hobgoblin. It made sense in the Movie verse why Harry didn't go through the theatrics of his father. I'm just going to have to watch these episodes to get a feel on how the character is handled.
    I will say there's a specific reason he's called the Hobgoblin.