Page 89 of 184 FirstFirst ... 397985868788899091929399139 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,335 of 2750

Looks like we know why they had Gwen be publicly known in this show - she's outing herself in the comics.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Looks like we know why they had Gwen be publicly known in this show - she's outing herself in the comics.
    Which is funny given she'll still have her secret identity in Marvel Rising and will potentially have it in season 2 when she starts going by Ghost Spider .

I think the only reason they had Gwen go public here was so people could call her "Spider-Gwen" even though that's not actually her codename in the comics.

I think they'll need to come up for a reason for Gwen to keep her identity a secret once she gets her powers back because it'll make all the importance they've placed in Peter and Miles having secret identities seem silly if Gwen can get by with no consequences for having a public identity.

I enjoyed the last arc, including that homage to Spectacular Spider-Man that is not done as good in this show.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

I thought I'd bump this thread up with the fact that the Marvel's Spider-Man version of Spidey appeared in Guardians of the Galaxy: Mission Breakout cartoon last weekend and will also be in the upcoming episode.

Here's a clip from the latter:

Ok, but will Anya show up?

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    Ok, but will Anya show up?
    I'd be surprised if we see anyone else from Horizon make an appearance, honestly.

What the hell? Why is Peter wearing the black suit?
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

What the hell? Why is Peter wearing the black suit?
    If you watch the clip Rocket throws him onto the Symbiote and it re-attaches itself to him.

Also, is there multiversal travel going on here? Isn't the GOTG cartoon in the same universe as Ultimate Spider-Man? USM's version of Nova already appeared.

Also, is there multiversal travel going on here? Isn't the GOTG cartoon in the same universe as Ultimate Spider-Man? USM's version of Nova already appeared.
    The Marvel cartoons aren't really that consistent given how many times they reboot characters to match the movies or other cartoons.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The Marvel cartoons aren't really that consistent given how many times they reboot characters to match the movies or other cartoons.
    Sounds like the comics, only worse lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Sounds like the comics, only worse lol.
    They literally brought back Josh Keaton to voice the previous version of Ant-Man his version was the reboot of. It's pretty bad .

Mighty Member

This situation reminds me of the Bat Embargo when the DCAU's "Justice League" was running alongside "The Batman", where the DCAU couldn't use ANY Batman related characters outside of Batman himself. Or similarly if there were any PLANS for movies of other characters the DCAU wasn't allowed to used characters from that and had to create an expy (Devil Ray instead of Black Manta).

I think networks don't give children enough credit. I remember the excuse being that it would be confusing seeing two versions of the same character on different cartoons or something similar. Things like a different art style would give it away that it isn't in the same universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    This situation reminds me of the Bat Embargo when the DCAU's "Justice League" was running alongside "The Batman", where the DCAU couldn't use ANY Batman related characters outside of Batman himself. Or similarly if there were any PLANS for movies of other characters the DCAU wasn't allowed to used characters from that and had to create an expy (Devil Ray instead of Black Manta).

I think networks don't give children enough credit. I remember the excuse being that it would be confusing seeing two versions of the same character on different cartoons or something similar. Things like a different art style would give it away that it isn't in the same universe.
    I think DC is still doing that, but not in cartoons, I hear that Waller was killed in Arrowverse because of the Suicide Squad movie.

The Marvel cartoons only real embargoes involve the X-Men and Fantastic Four characters.

Usually most continuity inconsistencies can be written off by the cartoons trying to match the movies and revamping/recasting characters as a result.