Page 9 of 184 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Yup and as I recall the Powers That Be (at the Network where it aired) canceled that show, in spite of its high ratings and compelling storylines, because it drew too much from the wrong demographic (young females rather than young males). Which was such a shame in my opinion.
    The similar thing happened to Teen Titans. It was bringing in older viewers so they replaced it with Teen Titans Go!.

Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    The similar thing happened to Teen Titans. It was bringing in older viewers so they replaced it with Teen Titans Go!.
    It didn't replace it. Teen Titans had been finished for years.

Seeing these current trends in tv animation, I seriously don't know how the DCAU managed to thrive as long as it did.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Seeing these current trends in tv animation, I seriously don't know how the DCAU managed to thrive as long as it did.
    Different times, different times...

Quote Originally Posted by Unspeakable Evil View Post
    I feel like I recognize the voice, but a name isn't jumping out at me. Already sounds a little more natural then Bell at least.

"Summer 2017" probably means "around when Homecoming premiers" .

Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I feel like I recognize the voice, but a name isn't jumping out at me. Already sounds a little more natural then Bell at least.

"Summer 2017" probably means "around when Homecoming premiers" .
    This interview doesn't even say probably and flat out confirms it ;p

Honestly, after the Spider-Verse episode of USM with all 3 of them together, I love the idea of a full Peter, Miles, Gwen team-up show. Though that may just be me being a huge Spider-Gwen fanboy and loving anytime she's in something :P I'm really interested to see how they all interact on a much larger scale, especially because Peter & Miles haven't had that much interaction with Gwen even in the comics (Peter & Gwen twice and Miles & Gwen once just now).

Though the question I have is, will they have all 3 of them be from the same universe, borrow from USM and have Miles & Gwen from their own, or have all 3 of them be from their own separate universes?

I'm also a huge Spider-Gwen fan and I'm excited but also very worried as well.

Comics are a niche market but TV has far more viewers (plus whatever youtube videos posed and seen by others of this soon to be show). Thus I know this won't be the Earth-65 Gwen Stacy I've gotten to know and love and had help make Spider-Gwen exist in the Multiverse and set a possible new standard (I really hope) for future Gwen Stacys in the Multiverse.
    But even if this Gwen we will see will be NOTHING like the Earth-65 Gwen that doesn't mean this Gwen will be bad. Gwen has had a couple of great Multiverse and various characteristics existing and could be found on: TV (Animated Spectacular Spider-man was my first Gwen Stacy and I loved her plus I generally like the Dove Ultimate Spider-Gwen as well but wish her powers were more organic vs technology based), movies (Emma Stone was fantastic and possibly the best part of those movies for me), and so many can be found in the comics (Earth-65 (Spider-Gwen), 1610 (Ultimate), House of M version, Age of Apocalypse version, Mary Jane loves Spider-Man version). All had different Gwens but I love them all and felt she had a good chemistry and substance/presence in them all.
    So while she might not be like the Earth-65 version (how close to that charazatics or far off is going to be up to the writers and how they want their Gwen and what might fit the best and have chemistry with the other characters) I can still give her a shot and hope for the best and find i love this version too.
    My biggest worry is this show will stink and I feel Peter is firmly protected but the same can't apply for Miles and greatly Spider-Gwen as for so many who they see on the TV will be their first Spider-Gwen (if they didn't see that one episode on Ultimate Spider-Man) so I hope she will be a hit and so well made and beloved by fans. First appearance and perception will set the tone, fan love, and possibilities for all other possible various Spider-Gwen appearances afterwards so there is alot riding on this version moreso then Peter. So no pressure writers and everybody working on this but as a Spider-Gwen fan and Gwen Stacy fan I really hope she won't be messed up or she can be forever ruined by this show alone.

I still recall going to see Avatar the last airbender MOVIE with a friend who didn't see the wonderful show with him saying the show looks very interesting and he willing to give it a look over but after watching the movie and leaving not just feeling gut punched seeing something I loved having a bad first impression for many people but my friend saying he wants nothing to do with the series after that movie. Thus agian in the scheme of things and first impressions setting the stage for all things to come for characters and a fanbase: Comics (low viewership really thus the character might come from the comics but really it's the other media forms and merchandise that's makes them known public figures if done well)> TV (much higher viewership plus many kids might first see these characters on this screen and set the 'norm' for the characters) > Movies (potentially the highest viewership) > good all year around merchandise on a successful loved show/movie/character (establishes being apart of the culture and helps keep said character in the public spotlight which is most important of all).

Till we know more about the Earth this show takes place on, the art style and animation flow, stories, and much much more we can only hope for the best for all the characters.

It is interesting what this is doing for the profile of Spider-Gwen.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    How is that character anyways? I have heard the opinion that she was a flash-in-the-pan success that Marvel is trying to keep alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    What do you mean? By featuring her as a main character?
    Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    How is that character anyways? I have heard the opinion that she was a flash-in-the-pan success that Marvel is trying to keep alive.
    Well, her sales now aren't as reflective of her being the "big thing" Marvel was promoting her as compared to before.

True. But they're still far better than Silk (ending in April?) and Spider-Woman (ends in March). Why do you think they did Spider-Women? They were trying to use Gwen to boost the other two's sales. Now they're doing the same with Miles, hoping they'll boost each other.

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    The character herself is probably the most popular of all the new characters created in the past few years, at least that's what it seems to me after seeing how much her influence has spread, how much merchandise there is, and all the other places she's popped up.

In terms of the writing, I think they've been steadily giving her a good arc, first with her trying to prove herself as a hero, then dealing with the fallout of losing her powers. She's a very compelling character, one I constantly feel bad for and want to see them succeed, like a lot of other Spider-characters. Plus as Spider-Verse, Spider-Women, and Web-Warriors shows, she's a really good addition in team-ups as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    The character herself is probably the most popular of all the new characters created in the past few years, at least that's what it seems to me after seeing how much her influence has spread, how much merchandise there is, and all the other places she's popped up.

In terms of the writing, I think they've been steadily giving her a good arc, first with her trying to prove herself as a hero, then dealing with the fallout of losing her powers. She's a very compelling character, one I constantly feel bad for and want to see them succeed, like a lot of other Spider-characters. Plus as Spider-Verse, Spider-Women, and Web-Warriors shows, she's a really good addition in team-ups as well.
    Okay, good to hear some fans for the character. Most of what I hear is that the character is either a one-story idea stretched too thin, or just a gender-swapped Peter Parker.