Page 93 of 184 FirstFirst ... 4383899091929394959697103143 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,395 of 2750
    Mighty Member

Sneak peek at "Take Two".

how many 1960s-era villains have been featured so far?

What about villains from the 1970s? Villains from the 1980s besides Venom?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    how many 1960s-era villains have been featured so far?
    Vulture, Doc Ock, The Spider-Slayer (I guess?), Sandman (even though he wasn't a villain), Kraven, Norman Osborn, Lizard, Scorpion, and Rhino.
    What about villains from the 1970s?
    Jackal, Shocker, and Hammerhead (Black Cat if you want to count her as a villain).
    Villains from the 1980s besides Venom?
    Well, we've got Puma, Paladin, Battlestar, and Silver Sable (if you count her as villain) in that clip .

You can say Spencer Smythe if you want to be precise about 60s villains, even though he did not start as one and really became a villain in the 70s. Can we count Jackal as a 60s villain? Miles Warren did first appear in the 60s.

Absorbing Man is a 60s era villain for Thor.

We can count Hobgoblin as an 80s villain, but we got the Osborns in the outfit, and they are characters from the 60s, Harry turned to villainy in the 70s after another fall with drug abuse and what happened to his dad... how was he strong enough to do what he did when he could hardly stand a lot of times before being moody and always angry in the 70s comics?

Answering about villains from each decade is complicated when you think about them technically and talk about the masked identity regardless of who is under the mask.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Jackal, Shocker, and Hammerhead (Black Cat if you want to count her as a villain).
    Amazing Spider-Man 46 is an issue from 1967.

Well, we've got Puma, Paladin, Battlestar, and Silver Sable (if you count her as villain) in that clip .
    What's his name? Isiah something?
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Lemar Hoskins
    https://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Lemar_Hoskins_(Earth-616)

He's actually a hero, not a villain (he was U.S.Agent John Walker's Bucky when he was Captain America), but does have history with Silver Sable's Wild Pack, which is why he's been used here.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by GamerSlyRatchet View Post
    Sneak peek at "Take Two".

is this a teenaged Dr. Octopus?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    is this a teenaged Dr. Octopus?
    Yeah. He's 19, but was smart enough to have graduated college at an early age and become a teacher at Horizon at the start of the series.

Quote Originally Posted by GamerSlyRatchet View Post
    Yeah. He's 19, but was smart enough to have graduated college at an early age and become a teacher at Horizon at the start of the series.
    I'm starting to think the main reason they de-aged Otto was for the Superior switch, so it's not a grown adult man switching bodies with a teenager, which would be even creepier.

Because aside from that one time Peter mistook him for a student I don't think him being so young has really been all that relevant to his character.

Mighty Member

I'm starting to think the main reason they de-aged Otto was for the Superior switch, so it's not a grown adult man switching bodies with a teenager, which would be even creepier.

Because aside from that one time Peter mistook him for a student I don't think him being so young has really been all that relevant to his character.
    Hmm, making Octavius younger, but not a teenager is kind of what they did with Eddie Brock and Mark (Raxton) Allan in Spectacular... They were TECHNICALLY adults since they were over the age of 18 (which is why Molten Man went to an adult prison). I suppose it was to put the people in Peter's circle (although with Eddie he was always AROUND Peter's Age, 2-3 years makes less of a difference the older you get). Though with Octavius being a teacher of Peter's anyway, he already is in his headlights...So I agree that it is for Superior.

I'm curious to know how Jonah is going to be portrayed. Previous Spider-Man cartoons gave Jameson a reason to hate Spider-Man (90's animated series was the fact that Spidey wore a mask and Jonah's wife was murdered by a masked gunman, Spec. started of by Spidey humiliating Jonah in small doses, and ultimately putting his son in a mental institution). With both Spider-Slayers and Scorpion existing already I DON'T see them doing those storylines.

Also, did anything come out of the Jackal is Gwen's uncle storyline? I haven't kept up with the show too much and I don't recall them revisiting it at all in the later episodes I have caught.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    I'm curious to know how Jonah is going to be portrayed. Previous Spider-Man cartoons gave Jameson a reason to hate Spider-Man (90's animated series was the fact that Spidey wore a mask and Jonah's wife was murdered by a masked gunman, Spec. started of by Spidey humiliating Jonah in small doses, and ultimately putting his son in a mental institution). With both Spider-Slayers and Scorpion existing already I DON'T see them doing those storylines.
    Well, in season 1 Spider-Man was constantly involved or directly responsible for the destruction of Daily Bugle property, so that might play into it .
    Also, did anything come out of the Jackal is Gwen's uncle storyline? I haven't kept up with the show too much and I don't recall them revisiting it at all in the later episodes I have caught.
    On Gwen's side her relationship with the Jackal is why she got involved in the investigation into what The Jackal was doing in "The Rise of Doc Ock Part 4," but that's about it.

And on Jackal's side he hasn't really acknowledged Gwen since the episode where his clone was defeated.

First episode is available on Disney XD's youtube channel:

US only...

so what's the portrayal of the Jackal been like? I don't recall him being animated before.

"Peter Palmer". Ha! Nice reference.

Spidey casually shatters a gun by simply crushing it in his hand, and then has trouble fighting normal humans like Silver Sable(though not much).

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    First episode is available on Disney XD's youtube channel:
    [video=youtube;pyUUnkxBr84]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyUUnkxBr84[video]

US only...
    I hate this move by a YouTube channel that is supposed to advertise their TV shows.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    ....Spidey casually shatters a gun by simply crushing it in his hand, and then has trouble fighting normal humans like Silver Sable(though not much).
    LOL, funny how that works huh?
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."