Page 94 of 184 FirstFirst ... 4484909192939495969798104144 ... LastLast
Results 1,396 to 1,410 of 2750

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Spidey casually shatters a gun by simply crushing it in his hand, and then has trouble fighting normal humans like Silver Sable(though not much).
    Sable's always been pretty much peak human in terms of her abilities, which is usually enough to at least give Spider-Man a decent fight (like with Kraven).

I thought it was more ridiculous that an 8-year old gave him more trouble then said 8-year old's dad (Hammerhead) has in all of his appearances.

A Green Unpleasant Man Rob London's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    I'm curious to know how Jonah is going to be portrayed. Previous Spider-Man cartoons gave Jameson a reason to hate Spider-Man (90's animated series was the fact that Spidey wore a mask and Jonah's wife was murdered by a masked gunman, Spec. started of by Spidey humiliating Jonah in small doses, and ultimately putting his son in a mental institution). With both Spider-Slayers and Scorpion existing already I DON'T see them doing those storylines.
    Sounds like a perfect opportunity to introduce the Human Fly!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    LOL, funny how that works huh?
    Spidey has always been oddly inconsistent with his human foes. Whether it be Ox, Man Mountain Marko, Kingpin, Hammerhead, Silver Sable...etc. Everyone has gotten a taste of that Captain America Super Soldier serum....

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Sable's always been pretty much peak human in terms of her abilities, which is usually enough to at least give Spider-Man a decent fight (like with Kraven).

I thought it was more ridiculous that an 8-year old gave him more trouble then said 8-year old's dad (Hammerhead) has in all of his appearances.
    Hammerhead was jobbed pretty bad in this episode. I mean like BAD...On top of that Spider-Man was saved from Hammerhead's brat by the person Spidey was rescuing...I thought people over exaggerated Spider-Man having to get saved from stuff so much, but now...I can see it...

Hammerhead was jobbed pretty bad in this episode. I mean like BAD...On top of that Spider-Man was saved from Hammerhead's brat by the person Spidey was rescuing...I thought people over exaggerated Spider-Man having to get saved from stuff so much, but now...I can see it...
    Hammerhead's been jobbing this entire series.

It can sometimes get a little ridiculous how many times Spidey needs to get saved on his own show, and by civilians no-less, but at least that moment was the only time it happened in the premier.

He did get saved twice in the second episode, but he also comparatively still accomplished a lot on his own.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Lemar Hoskins
    https://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Lemar_Hoskins_(Earth-616)

He's actually a hero, not a villain (he was U.S.Agent John Walker's Bucky when he was Captain America), but does have history with Silver Sable's Wild Pack, which is why he's been used here.
    Thanks. His design looks like that of Isiah Bradley.

"Peter Palmer". Ha! Nice reference.

Spidey casually shatters a gun by simply crushing it in his hand, and then has trouble fighting normal humans like Silver Sable(though not much).
    Still humiliated by her less than he was in Spectacular.

How come in all these shows, most of them ignore that Spider-Man and Silver Sable are allies in friendly terms?
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post
    How come in all these shows, most of them ignore that Spider-Man and Silver Sable are allies in friendly terms?
    I guess because they usually make her an outright antagonist.

I think the only time Sable and Spidey ended up properly teaming-up was by the tail end of her arc in the 90's show.

Mighty Member

First episode was kind of boring. I mean, I like the format of going over summer vacation via little shorts, but most of the stories for the shorts themselves are kind of boring. Black Cat without flirtation with Spidey is not interesting. Tinkerer was a lame joke and I'm over how hard the show tries so hard to portray Peter as a big nerd. Jeremy Shada was wasted in a bit role. The camping story was the best of the bunch, but even that was just okay.

The second episode was better, and it was cool seeing Silver Sable and her Wild Pack. However, whether Doc Ock is truly redeemed or not (I doubt it), this story felt like it was being done too soon. He only fully became a villain for one episode, and pieces for a couple more. We should've seen him as a villain more or earlier before trying to do this story.

Also, Max comes off as a massive jerk in this. So, he sees that Peter has financial issues and gives him an opportunity, and then he assumes that Peter knows it will only last one year? It's not like Peter's financial issues will last only one year. He doesn't even inform him of any scholarships or anything? I get that it's a way to get Peter into the Daily Bugle, but it's really contrived.

Because aside from that one time Peter mistook him for a student I don't think him being so young has really been all that relevant to his character.
    I could've sworn Otto mentioned his young age as one of his many insecurities when he talked to Peter in the hospital in "The Rise of Doc Ock".

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    so what's the portrayal of the Jackal been like? I don't recall him being animated before.
    He's been a fairly typical vengeful mad scientist. The most interesting aspect he has is his relationship with Gwen, but they've barely touched on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post
    Spidey doesn't have too many female villains, so they probably try to get as many as they can.

Quote Originally Posted by GamerSlyRatchet View Post
    First episode was kind of boring. I mean, I like the format of going over summer vacation via little shorts, but most of the stories for the shorts themselves are kind of boring. Black Cat without flirtation with Spidey is not interesting. Tinkerer was a lame joke and I'm over how hard the show tries so hard to portray Peter as a big nerd. Jeremy Shada was wasted in a bit role. The camping story was the best of the bunch, but even that was just okay.
    Yeah, I think Black Cat is fun on this show but it's a little disappointing that they're probably not going to do anything with her, especially since you can't really do her dynamic with Spidey justice without any romance (although her body language was very flirtatious). And stealing money from a hot dog eating contest? Was she really short on cash or something?

Tinkerer seemed just thrown in there since he was the only villain from Homecoming who didn't appear in season 1. He barely felt like the Tinkerer at all.

I was also really disappointed that they wasted Jeremy Shada on a bit character who's not even from the comics (he's certainly not the X-Men's Caliban).

I found Spidey's interactions with Nocturnal amusing because we had video game Spidey (Yuri Lowenthal) bouncing off cartoon Spidey (Robbie Daymond).
    The second episode was better, and it was cool seeing Silver Sable and her Wild Pack. However, whether Doc Ock is truly redeemed or not (I doubt it), this story felt like it was being done too soon. He only fully became a villain for one episode, and pieces for a couple more. We should've seen him as a villain more or earlier before trying to do this story.
    Even setting aside that he's supposed to be the main villain of this season, I think it's pretty likely that Ock was the one who hired the Wild Pack to steal the device in the first place, and is playing the long-con with everyone.

He also mentions his new doctorate in neuro-chemistry, which will probably play a part in the eventual mindswap.

I think one of the show's biggest problems is how it paces developments. Stuff like Otto going from hero to villain or now seemingly back to hero just happens way too fast.
    Also, Max comes off as a massive jerk in this. So, he sees that Peter has financial issues and gives him an opportunity, and then he assumes that Peter knows it will only last one year? It's not like Peter's financial issues will last only one year. He doesn't even inform him of any scholarships or anything? I get that it's a way to get Peter into the Daily Bugle, but it's really contrived.
    I've referred to Max as "Nice Jameson" before, and I think he is a genuine nice guy, but I think he can sometimes be a little too rigid or not as self-aware as he could be when it comes to how he deals with people.
    I could've sworn Otto mentioned his young age as one of his many insecurities when he talked to Peter in the hospital in "The Rise of Doc Ock".
    He might have. The only other time I remember it being mentioned is during his talk with Max during that arc.
    He's been a fairly typical vengeful mad scientist. The most interesting aspect he has is his relationship with Gwen, but they've barely touched on that.
    And he was the Big bad of Spider-Island, which probably made him the most prominent villain on the show next to Osborn and Otto.

I'm curious to see when the show will bring him back, and if we'll see him clone Spider-Man.
    Spidey doesn't have too many female villains, so they probably try to get as many as they can.
    Or create ones, like Sandgirl or using the female Crimson Dynamo as a one-off villain.

It's kind of funny to think that, compared to Black Cat and Silver Sable, Screwball is a much more of an antagonist for Spider-Man in the comics and yet they basically made her a good guy on this show.

Like how Ultimate Spider-Man kept redeeming major Spider-Man villains but they end up turning Morbius of all people into more of a villain then he's ever been portrayed as before.

No? Captain America and Batman are supposed to be peak human('tis comics). No way Sable is anywhere as good as them. Even if we assume Sable is as good as them, Spidey is a lot stronger than peak humans, a lot.

Kraven is also quite stronger than peak humans. Didn't he once beat T'Challa?
    That was mostly filler garbage just to get some lame humour. So I didn't take it much seriously. Like in anime, girls somehow punches guys so hard they flew through clouds.

No? Captain America and Batman are supposed to be peak human('tis comics). No way Sable is anywhere as good as them. Even if we assume Sable is as good as them, Spidey is a lot stronger than peak humans, a lot.

Okay, so she's cartoon Black Widow peak human, who has inexplicable super-strength .

I don't think Kraven ever beat T'Challa. Either T'Challa beat him or they stalemated, but that's about it.

I guess because they usually make her an outright antagonist.

I think the only time Sable and Spidey ended up properly teaming-up was by the tail end of her arc in the 90's show.
    I mean why that? Because of her brief appearance in a USM arc where she was webbed up to the max? And how was Elektra able to knock him unconscious after untangling herself from his web in that series? That's stupid.

The 90s cartoon is why I said mostly.

Quote Originally Posted by GamerSlyRatchet View Post
    It's still annoying, even more annoying that Spectacular made the character a glorified punching bag for her and her boyfriend/ex.

I know that difference in strength bothers me when they show the stronger character in bad light most of the time.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Mighty Member

Yeah when it comes to Sable, most adaptions are going to have her as an outright villain as Spider-Man does lack in the female villain department... It's kind of like the reverse of what happens as of late with Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy in the DC universe (although they do that with comics as well). I think it is because Sable has clashed with Spidey enough to be noticed, but doesn't have the romantic touch that Black Cat has, so it's easier to give her that "adaptational villainy." Though I will say that most of the time the cartoons only get one chance to use her, so they don't get the opportunity to really delve into her character.

In the 90's she was pretty much bad until the end of the arc she was part of the arc she was part of if I remember correctly. It was established that she was doing her job I believe.

The MTV series I remember her being an outright villain...I know she showed up more than once...but I BARELY remember too much about that show.

She was also an outright villain in Spectacular. I'd say she was the biggest departure from the comics though as she was pretty much a Mafia princess in that show (though I did like the civilian name change...as Silver Sable and Harley Quinn's civilian names are pretty much the same thing as their nom de plume... Harleen Quinzel? Silver Sablinova?...okay [though I will say that Harley's is worse])
    It is said that they did have plans for Sable to become more like her comic book incarnation, but the show was ended before they could act on them. Seeing where they were going with Sandman, I can believe it.

Then we have her here...which it can still can be argued that she's doing her job. It's funny, Black Cat seems to be an outright baddie in this cartoon so far.
    Last edited by Mistah K88; 06-20-2018 at 08:43 AM.

Amazing Member

Otto didn't deserve to be forgiven after what he's done in this show. Otto being accepted back into Horizon High felt so forced to me

The MTV series I remember her being an outright villain...I know she showed up more than once...but I BARELY remember too much about that show.
    If I remember correctly, she wasn't an outright villain there.

She and her team were going after a corrupt politician and Spidey just happened to stumble into it, but she didn't bear him any ill will.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Congeridi View Post
    Otto didn't deserve to be forgiven after what he's done in this show. Otto being accepted back into Horizon High felt so forced to me
    Ironically, that's where Max is supposed to be more unreasonable, but I thought his skepticism towards Otto was spot-on.

It is said that they did have plans for Sable to become more like her comic book incarnation, but the show was ended before they could act on them. Seeing where they were going with Sandman, I can believe it.
    Seeing Greg Weisman's answer on one of the potential spin-off plans for Spectacular made me thing we were going to get a heroic Wild Pack. Sable's not mentioned (though Sandman, Prowler, and Black Cat are), but I could see her putting together a "Redemption Squad" with them, and even adapt her romance with Sandman. It would've been funny to see Flint steal his former boss's girlfriend, in a way.