Page 95 of 184 FirstFirst ... 4585919293949596979899105145 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,425 of 2750

Quote Originally Posted by GamerSlyRatchet View Post
    Ironically, that's where Max is supposed to be more unreasonable, but I thought his skepticism towards Otto was spot-on.
    Everyone's skepticism about Ock was spot-on.

It made Gwen being so quick to believe he may have reformed seem pretty foolish, but I guess it was consistent with how she viewed Otto in season 1.
    Seeing Greg Weisman's answer on one of the potential spin-off plans for Spectacular made me thing we were going to get a heroic Wild Pack. Sable's not mentioned (though Sandman, Prowler, and Black Cat are), but I could see her putting together a "Redemption Squad" with them, and even adapt her romance with Sandman. It would've been funny to see Flint steal his former boss's girlfriend, in a way.
    It sounds like his "Bad Guys" spinoff for Gargoyles .

Man, I am so bummed that we missed a chance to see a Greg Weisman developed Marvel Universe .

Amazing Member

https://youtu.be/JqmPpZblfvE
    Next episode sneak peak

Quote Originally Posted by Congeridi View Post
    Next episode sneak peak
    What a twist .

Here's another one:

Is that supposed to be Carolyn Trainer/Lady Octopus?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Everyone's skepticism about Ock was spot-on.

It made Gwen being so quick to believe he may have reformed seem pretty foolish, but I guess it was consistent with how she viewed Otto in season 1.

It sounds like his "Bad Guys" spinoff for Gargoyles .

Man, I am so bummed that we missed a chance to see a Greg Weisman developed Marvel Universe .
    They only ever had Spider-Man rights. There was never going to be an Avengers or X-Men or Fantastic Four.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    They only ever had Spider-Man rights. There was never going to be an Avengers or X-Men or Fantastic Four.
    I know (it's why they couldn't use Kingpin).

But just the idea of it still sounds awesome .

Quote Originally Posted by Congeridi View Post
    Next episode sneak peak
    Boy, I didn't expect to see them do the Spider-Man PS1 fight for a cartoon series.

And wait, I think I need to be shocked by this revelation... where's a sarcastically shocked emoticon when you need one?
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post
    Boy, I didn't expect to see them do the Spider-Man PS1 fight for a cartoon series.
    Glad I'm not the only one who saw the similarity .

Glad I'm not the only one who saw the similarity .
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Mighty Member

Now the use of Carolyn Trainer is an interesting one, as no one normally would touch a copycat villain that isn't Hobgoblin. and the two times a Hobgoblin DID get animated he came first! I do kind of like when they pull a "Beware the Batman" approach and try to mess around with baddies who are not the usual suspects. It really gives them a chance to put a stamp on the character.

Looking at it now, I'm kind of glad that Spectacular was restricted to the Spidey corner of the Marvel Universe...The fact that they didn't want to make up original characters made it fun to see who would show up. I mean they busted out MINOR characters like Dilbert Trilby, Blackie Gaxton, Sgt Devereaux, Matthew Resnick, Ted Twaki, and the like... I don't think we would ever see someone like Stephanie Briggs in an adaption ever again, especially since they'd probably use something with a bit of a higher profile like S.H.I.E.L.D over the FBI. However, this show is using Lady Ock, so maybe there is a happy medium.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    Now the use of Carolyn Trainer is an interesting one, as no one normally would touch a copycat villain that isn't Hobgoblin. and the two times a Hobgoblin DID get animated he came first! I do kind of like when they pull a "Beware the Batman" approach and try to mess around with baddies who are not the usual suspects. It really gives them a chance to put a stamp on the character.
    I loved Carolyn Trainer in this. Her fangirling over Otto, her energy, and her zaniness was super fun .

And Kari Wahlgren seemed to be having as much of blast voicing her as I did watching her .

Too bad Otto had to go and break her heart...
    Looking at it now, I'm kind of glad that Spectacular was restricted to the Spidey corner of the Marvel Universe...The fact that they didn't want to make up original characters made it fun to see who would show up. I mean they busted out MINOR characters like Dilbert Trilby, Blackie Gaxton, Sgt Devereaux, Matthew Resnick, Ted Twaki, and the like... I don't think we would ever see someone like Stephanie Briggs in an adaption ever again, especially since they'd probably use something with a bit of a higher profile like S.H.I.E.L.D over the FBI. However, this show is using Lady Ock, so maybe there is a happy medium.
    Yeah, I think if nothing else Spectacular proves just how strong the Spider-Man mythos is that you can completely mine it for characters and stories without needing the wider Marvel Universe.

That being said I think this show does a decent job of making solid Spider-Man cartoon set in a fleshed out Marvel Universe, kind of like the 90's show, and without falling into the same issues as the MCU Spider-Man (with maybe a little too much emphasis on the shared universe). But at the same time I also feel like it squanders a lot of Spider-Man characters.

Mighty Member

Once again, the show's rushed pacing is in full steam, as we already resolve the plot around Otto's "reform". It would bother me more, but I'm also kind of glad we didn't drag out an obvious mystery. Still, Doc Ock's master plan that was teased in the previous episode sure seems underwhelming now that we've seen it was all about getting access to Max's device.

Carolyn was a lot of fun and could've made for an amusing villain to have around, but it's a shame she redeemed herself already, especially considering spoilers:
    Otto will be out of the picture for the time being, and I think the next time we'll see him, he'll move on to superior things
    end of spoilers.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    I do kind of like when they pull a "Beware the Batman" approach and try to mess around with baddies who are not the usual suspects. It really gives them a chance to put a stamp on the character.
    Now I'm sad over that show's cancellation.

We've now gone three straight episodes without Miles suiting up once. Which is especially noticeable when we have Peter talking up the two of them partnering up again in this episode.

Although I guess the one good thing about Harry being away is that we can see Peter actually interact more with the other Horizon High kids.
    Quote Originally Posted by GamerSlyRatchet View Post
    Once again, the show's rushed pacing is in full steam, as we already resolve the plot around Otto's "reform". It would bother me more, but I'm also kind of glad we didn't drag out an obvious mystery. Still, Doc Ock's master plan that was teased in the previous episode sure seems underwhelming now that we've seen it was all about getting access to Max's device.
    I do kind of respect that the show didn't try and beat around the bush about whether Otto had really "reformed," but at the same time I do think it could have spent a little more time showing the "new" Otto before revealing he had been behind everything.

It's like if they had revealed Doc Ock was the Master Planner the exact episode after they had introduced the Master Planner.
    Carolyn was a lot of fun and could've made for an amusing villain to have around, but it's a shame she redeemed herself already, especially considering spoilers:
    Otto will be out of the picture for the time being, and I think the next time we'll see him, he'll move on to superior things
    end of spoilers.
    I do think it would be kind of amusing if Carolyn comes back and this time is trying to be a hero like Spider-Man, only spoilers:
    she ends up teaming up with SpOck.
    end of spoilers
    Now I'm sad over that show's cancellation.
    It still bums me out too .

It was a decent episode. But...

Peter: Spider-Man came to save you guys. But you ended up saving him.
    Gwen: Well, that sounds believable.

Why? WHY?!

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    It was a decent episode. But...

Peter: Spider-Man came to save you guys. But you ended up saving him.
    Gwen: Well, that sounds believable.

Why? WHY?!
    Well, it's not exactly inaccurate. Ock had Spidey in his grasp until Carolyn came in, and he had to motivate the other kids to get them to weaken Ock for Spidey and Carolyn to finish him.

But that does remind me that I don't think Peter has ever been able to beat Doc Ock on his own on this show.

Well, it's not exactly inaccurate. Ock had Spidey in his grasp until Carolyn came in, and he had to motivate the other kids to get them to weaken Ock for Spidey and Carolyn to finish him.

But that does remind me that I don't think Peter has ever been able to beat Doc Ock on his own on this show.
    I meant that I'm annoyed with 'Spidey repeatedly needs saving' trope. And why is it so normal that Peter's friends find it easily believable?
    Last edited by SpiderClops; 06-26-2018 at 09:26 PM.