Page 96 of 184 FirstFirst ... 46869293949596979899100106146 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,440 of 2750

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    I meant that I'm annoyed with 'Spidey repeatedly needs saving' trope. And is it so normal that Peter's friends find it easily believable?
    Yeah, I get that.

But to be fair, that group in general have had to save him quite a bit, so of course they would find it believable .

Solid episode, and he didn't need to be saved from a fight he could normally win but writers chose to make him fail like a sore loser in.

I like how Miles sets his priorities by being part of the team first and a superhero second, makes him different from how Peter Parker operates.

So this makes it the third Spider-Man project where I hear the voice of Kari Wahlgren; Spider-Man 3 and the Amazing Spider-Man movie games before this one.

I like how they did not choose to incorporate the "Peter, your pictures are bad" angle comics have been using since the 80s with Roger Stern. I think Spectacular did a nice job by making it a first thing and progressing from there without focusing on it too much that it becomes annoying.

I'm not fond of how Brock is not being built as a character, all we see are silent shots of him bitter and jealous that a kid better quality videos of Spider-Man than he did, and the details on the face model don't make his face show anything more than annoyed.

It's a breath of fresh air in the middle of marathoning Ultimate Spider-Man (who continues bragging how awesome he is).
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Future episode descriptions:

Rise Above it All (July 2nd):
    Spider-Man has to infiltrate the viral superstars known as the Wake Riders in order to figure out what the end game is with their stolen Vulture tech.
    Bring on the Bad Guys Part One (July 30th):
    A mystery villain puts a bounty on Spider-Man's head, bringing on attacks from Panda-Mania, Hippo and Overdrive.
    Bring on the Bad Guys Par Two (July 30th):
    Anya must step up and embrace being the Spider-Girl; Spider-Man is lured into Mysterio's funhouse and learns that there is a bounty on his head.
    Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post
    Solid episode, and he didn't need to be saved from a fight he could normally win but writers chose to make him fail like a sore loser in.
    I think this version of Spider-Man is one of the only versions who has never beaten Doc Ock on his own.

I'm pretty sure even Ultimate Spidey defeated Otto solo at least once or twice.
    I like how Miles sets his priorities by being part of the team first and a superhero second, makes him different from how Peter Parker operates.
    Though if he had stuck with Peter, he might have actually been able to get in on the action in-costume for once.
    So this makes it the third Spider-Man project where I hear the voice of Kari Wahlgren; Spider-Man 3 and the Amazing Spider-Man movie games before this one.
    She has the notable honor of being one of the few (if only) VA's to voice both Mary Jane and Gwen.
    I'm not fond of how Brock is not being built as a character, all we see are silent shots of him bitter and jealous that a kid better quality videos of Spider-Man than he did, and the details on the face model don't make his face show anything more than annoyed.
    Yeah, I am kind of worried about how they're going to handle developing Brock.

Astonishing Member

Jeez! And where are the synopsis for the other episodes? The part of Anya/Spider-Girl already has me intrigued!!!

Mystery villain, Mysterio.. ok.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think this version of Spider-Man is one of the only versions who has never beaten Doc Ock on his own.

I'm pretty sure even Ultimate Spidey defeated Otto solo at least once or twice.
    In the series finale, yeah.

She has the notable honor of being one of the few (if only) VA's to voice both Mary Jane and Gwen.
    That's why DMC's Mary is awesome.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Clip from next Monday's episode:

A Green Unpleasant Man Rob London's Avatar

Panda-Mania! The Hippo! Overdrive! Love it.

Another clip:

Hey, the writers finally remembered Miles can do stuff .
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob London View Post
    Panda-Mania! The Hippo! Overdrive! Love it.
    Always nice to see the D-listers get some love .

(Maybe Spidey will actually be able to beat them all on his own...).

Why does that female Doc Ock from episode 3 look like Nadia Van Dyne instead of her comics counterpart? Carolyn Trainer usually looks like this:

Not this!

ladyoctopus.jpg
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Why does that female Doc Ock from episode 3 look like Nadia Van Dyne instead of her comics counterpart? Carolyn Trainer usually looks like this:

Not this!

ladyoctopus.jpg
    Simple answer? "Young and hip" redesigns!

I do think she looks pretty cute here. Otto really missed out.

She does look cute - she just doesn't look like herself.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Mighty Member

So, this newest episode was....honestly kinda boring.

Vulture here is such a blank slate of a character. I mean, it makes sense he's reluctant to go back to being a criminal. He was only really out there for revenge against Max, and after he got out of prison, he was mostly an Oscorp employee or was brainwashed by Doc Ock. He does seem genuinely angry that the Wake Riders are using his work and they were surprised to see him near the end. But then, after insisting before that he wanted his work to be remembered through legitimate means, he just...embraces the new Vulture armor and joins the Wake Riders? Why? I think there was a step or two missing there. It also feels kind of repetitive considering last week's Ock episode.

Also, why does Jameson just spout the obvious lie that the Wake Riders were framed by Spider-Man? He does color the truth to make Spider-Man look bad and push his views, but at least he still uses the truth and facts to do so. Usually, when he gets sloppy when it comes to Spidey, he does reluctantly publish retractions and apologies. I'm nitpicking a small moment, but it kind of bugs me when Jameson's journalistic integrity is ignored.

Positives: Miles is finally back in action! That's about it, though.

Quote Originally Posted by GamerSlyRatchet View Post
    Vulture here is such a blank slate of a character. I mean, it makes sense he's reluctant to go back to being a criminal. He was only really out there for revenge against Max, and after he got out of prison, he was mostly an Oscorp employee or was brainwashed by Doc Ock. He does seem genuinely angry that the Wake Riders are using his work and they were surprised to see him near the end. But then, after insisting before that he wanted his work to be remembered through legitimate means, he just...embraces the new Vulture armor and joins the Wake Riders? Why? I think there was a step or two missing there. It also feels kind of repetitive considering last week's Ock episode.
    I think it's kind of funny that the show touted Vulture as being a major character, probably for movie synergy, but they've hardly done anything with him since season 1.

I at least thought here they were consistent with how he had been portrayed before, where his main motivation as a villain is to inflate his own ego and get recognition. The Wake Riders buttering him up and capitalizing on that inspired him back to being a villain.

But I also agree that this kind of story felt too soon after what happened with Doc Ock.
    Also, why does Jameson just spout the obvious lie that the Wake Riders were framed by Spider-Man? He does color the truth to make Spider-Man look bad and push his views, but at least he still uses the truth and facts to do so. Usually, when he gets sloppy when it comes to Spidey, he does reluctantly publish retractions and apologies. I'm nitpicking a small moment, but it kind of bugs me when Jameson's journalistic integrity is ignored.
    I mean, Jameson's brand of journalism when it comes to Spider-Man can be a little sketchy. I think he would probably latch onto a public statement about something illicit going on with Spider-Man, even if it was dubious.

Although I'm a little disappointed that we haven't seen Robbie show up to play counterpoint to Jonah on Spider-Man. Like, can you imagine Ernie Hudson's Robbie going toe-to-toe with Bob Joles' Jonah? It would be amazing .
    Positives: Miles is finally back in action! That's about it, though.
    It's nice to see the writers finally remember that Miles is another Spider-Man who can actually help out, though I think this show has a really bad tendency to have Spider-Man constantly need saving from either other Spiders or his own villains.

I also thought Miles becoming Spider-Man's "promoter" was amusing, but it also made me realize this version of Miles feels more like Ganke then he does Miles.

That's because both Miles and Anya are composite characters. Miles has the best friend in school angle (especially now that his relationship with Harry is less close because of him taking so long to tell him he was Spidey) and thus does have some of Ganke's role. He's probably meant to be a mix of Miles from the comics and Ned from the movie - and Ned of course was a renamed Ganke rather than an adaption of Ned from the comics. Anya, as has been mentioned before, is a combination of herself and Sajani from the comics (Anya's not a scientist in the comics). Gwen is kind of a composite too, but it's of three different versions of herself. Her Earth-616 version, Spider-Gwen, and the one from the ASM movies (that's where her being scientifically minded comes from, comics Gwen wasn't like that and Spider-Gwen had her tech given to her by other people). They seem to love doing composites, since Screwball was merged with Liz Allan as well (Screwball's secret identity in the comics is unrevealed, but it's definitely not Liz!)

Mighty Member

Although I'm a little disappointed that we haven't seen Robbie show up to play counterpoint to Jonah on Spider-Man. Like, can you imagine Ernie Hudson's Robbie going toe-to-toe with Bob Joles' Jonah? It would be amazing
    I suppose that's the problem with getting a celebrity voice actor for Robbie. I hope we get at least a single scene with their usual clashing.