Page 98 of 184 FirstFirst ... 4888949596979899100101102108148 ... LastLast
Results 1,456 to 1,470 of 2750
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Spidey fanboying over a complete brand new character like Ms. Marvel?! This is crossing a line now.
    Slott sees Spidey as a immature screw up who will never improve. How many times will Miss Marvel save Spidey in his own show.

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Better than this as I enjoyed his run overall.
    Yeah, there were things I didn't like in Slott's run. Sometimes he wrote Peter and Spidey a bit too immature. But it was never on this level.

I don't remember Spidey ever fanboying over anyone like this in Slott's run.

Spectacular Member Knightmare10880's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rward777 View Post
    Slott sees Spidey as a immature screw up who will never improve. How many times will Miss Marvel save Spidey in his own show.
    And that's been my problem with the main Spider-Man book for a long time, but I'm not going to rant about the comic in this thread. I recently was able to catch up on Season 1 On Demand and I enjoyed the series for the most part and I hope that this series will do for the current generation what Batman:The Animated Series and X-Men: The Animated Series did back when I was a kid in the early 90's and help to bring a new generation into comics.

I honestly don't mind Spidey having a "fanboy" moment with Ms. Marvel as he's still a teenager and an inexperienced hero at this stage, it'd be another thing if this was the Spider-Man from the Amazing Friends or 90's series going "GA-GA" over Ms. Marvel but teen Spidey I don't mind it although I'd have to see the entire episode before making my final decision.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by rward777 View Post
    ...Didn't Slott actually have Kamala be the one to fangirl all over Spidey in 2014? He even had her admit she wrote fanfics pairing him up with her idol Carol Danvers.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    ...Didn't Slott actually have Kamala be the one to fangirl all over Spidey in 2014? He even had her admit she wrote fanfics pairing him up with her idol Carol Danvers.
    Yep.

That's not out of character for Kamala though, she reacted the same way to Wolverine in her own book.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Anyone else starting to wonder when will we see Riri Williams appear in this show?
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Surely she's more likely to show up in Avengers Black Panther's Quest instead? Unlike Kamala (who the viewers will know from the last two seasons of Avengers), she's going to need a formal introduction. Though if they did decide to set up the Champions (if Miles doesn't meet Kamala in that episode it's a serious missed opportunity considering they've been teammates for three years in the comics), then she'd be a logical inclusion. They can use any team member from the comics except for Cyclops (X ban still in effect) and Wasp (Hope is in Avengers and not a teenager).
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Surely she's more likely to show up in Avengers Black Panther's Quest instead? Unlike Kamala (who the viewers will know from the last two seasons of Avengers), she's going to need a formal introduction. Though if they did decide to set up the Champions (if Miles doesn't meet Kamala in that episode it's a serious missed opportunity considering they've been teammates for three years in the comics), then she'd be a logical inclusion. They can use any team member from the comics except for Cyclops (X ban still in effect) and Wasp (Hope is in Avengers and not a teenager).
    Even if it wasn't, Cyclops wouldn't be there. He was the odd one out in the group, he was only there because Waid is a fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post
    Anyone else starting to wonder when will we see Riri Williams appear in this show?
    *raises hand* I am as well.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Knightmare10880 View Post
    I honestly don't mind Spidey having a "fanboy" moment with Ms. Marvel as he's still a teenager and an inexperienced hero at this stage, it'd be another thing if this was the Spider-Man from the Amazing Friends or 90's series going "GA-GA" over Ms. Marvel but teen Spidey I don't mind it although I'd have to see the entire episode before making my final decision.
    ... is Ms Marvel experienced and established in this universe? Aren’t they about the same age here? Sometimes they overplay Peter’s inexperience a bit too much for my liking. I think the other shows we’ve gotten with Teenagr Peter are the two prior to this one. I don’t see Ultimate Spider-Man seeing Kamala as nothing more than an equal, with Spectacular being a different beast entirely.

Spidey fanboying over a complete brand new character like Ms. Marvel?! This is crossing a line now.
    At this point I wouldn’t be surprised if he suddenly started fanboying over Miles...I guess we were spared by Miles being one of Peter’s classmates, thus meeting him before he dressed up.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    First clip:
    Yeesh. This is like seeing Chuck Norris geeking out over famous action hero Jonah Hill.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Yep.
    This is still one of my favorite moments with Kamala Khan to date. It's a testament as to why she's so lovable. I really hope she gets to interact with Spider-Man more in every medium.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Here's another clip (with a complete 180 in Spider-Man and Ms. Marvel's dynamic):

If we want to get technical, I'm pretty sure Gage wrote their interaction, though Slott probably had it in his outline that Kamala would fangirl over Spidey.
    Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post
    When they said Teala Dunn would guest star, I thought she might end up playing Riri.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    ... is Ms Marvel experienced and established in this universe? Aren’t they about the same age here? Sometimes they overplay Peter’s inexperience a bit too much for my liking. I think the other shows we’ve gotten with Teenagr Peter are the two prior to this one. I don’t see Ultimate Spider-Man seeing Kamala as nothing more than an equal, with Spectacular being a different beast entirely.
    Marvel's animated continuity is a mess but I think we're supposed to assume this is an experienced Avenger teen Ms. Marvel from Avengers: Secret Wars, and that Peter became Spider-Man around the time Ms. Marvel was already an active hero and Avenger, hence why he fanboys over her and she treats him like a rookie.

Yeah, despite the different character designs, it's obvious at this point that the Avengers roster in Spider-Man is the same as that of Avengers Assemble: we've seen Iron Man, Hulk, Black Widow and now Ms Marvel, but it's safe to assume that Falcon, Hawkeye, Captain America, Thor Odinson, Thunderstrike (Jane Thor), Ant-Man, Wasp, Vision, Black Panther, and Captain Marvel are Avengers too.